The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I know Nike doesnt wanna hear this but part of a shoe having prestige and a 'elite sig' feel is...using leather.

I know Nike doesnt wanna hear this but part of a shoe having prestige and a 'elite sig' feel is...using leather.
 i kinda like leather saved for special occasions  like the ext series, one of the greatest things about the X model is the overall tankage of the model, short of you blowing out the air bubble(which i've done on 2prs) they're virtually unstoppable casually. Leather ages way harder and i get less wears out of my retro's trying to keep the pristine than i get out of my X that 4yrs later still look brand new long as you don't look at the bottom of the shoe

Leather is awful in most cases for actual basketball, it's heavier, it's hotter, it's far less flexible, it takes a long time of break it for it to form to your foot, it creases easy as ****.

You're ment to ball in these shoes, sure have a few ext models with it , but a performance model made out of leather won't have the best performance

Leather is awful in most cases for actual basketball, it's heavier, it's hotter, it's far less flexible, it takes a long time of break it for it to form to your foot, it creases easy as ****.

You're ment to ball in these shoes, sure have a few ext models with it , but a performance model made out of leather won't have the best performance
i don't think a lot of people realize jordan wore a brand new pair of shoes every half something he admitted to doing himself

Leather plays better after you've worn it multiple times and it breaks in and molds to your foot. I don't know how Jordan preferred to wear fresh pairs.

Leather plays better after you've worn it multiple times and it breaks in and molds to your foot. I don't know how Jordan preferred to wear fresh pairs.
i hate the feel of worn beating up leather except for on leather jackets where it's that soft leather feel, very plush, but i no longer play sports but i def prefer the more beathable materials of today over what they used in the 90s

Nike isn't fooling me. They use these cheap materials and charge more for their own profit. They try to sell you on all of this mumbo jumbo with being the newest and best technology. The bottomline is the company is cheap! They didn't even give us real leather on the new Air Jordan XXXI and that shoe only has a small portion in the back where it requires leather. Again, they put synthetic leather because they are CHEAP. They charge a high retail but the quality is trash. That's why you hear of guys ripping up their shoes after only a few games of wear. Nike and Jordan Brand need to step up their game as far as the quality these days. At least before with the nice leather shoes you felt like you were getting something for your money even though you paid more for the newest Jordan or Nike model.

Last edited:

Nike isn't fooling me. They use these cheap materials and charge more for their own profit. They try to sell you on all of this mumbo jumbo with being the newest and best technology. The bottomline is the company is cheap! They didn't even give us real leather on the new Air Jordan XXXI and that shoe only has a small portion in the back where it requires leather. Again, they put synthetic leather because they are CHEAP. They charge a high retail but the quality is trash. That's why you hear of guys ripping up their shoes after only a few games of wear. Nike and Jordan Brand need to step up their game as far as the quality these days.
adidas and UA don't use leather either, you are aware of that right? no one is using leather for basketball anymore and it's more than just they want to be cheap, i'm sorry yall want hot leather than so be it buy the retro's from yrs ago that still have leather build and be done with it but i like the new materials and how long they last bcuz the leather does not last longer and you guys are crazy for thinking so

ok case in point i no longer buy leather running shoes for army physical training, they're heavy, hot and all out garbage, i much prefer flyknit AM or the newer style 360AMs because theyre light, breathable and sit on a cloud of awesomess, so i can't fathom wearing leather bastketball shoes to play ball in you guys are str8 insane

Last edited:
adidas and UA don't use leather either, you are aware of that right? no one is using leather for basketball anymore and it's more than just they want to be cheap, i'm sorry yall want hot leather than so be it buy the retro's from yrs ago that still have leather build and be done with it but i like the new materials and how long they last bcuz the leather does not last longer and you guys are crazy for thinking so

ok case in point i no longer buy leather running shoes for army physical training, they're heavy, hot and all out garbage, i much prefer flyknit AM or the newer style 360AMs because theyre light, breathable and sit on a cloud of awesomess, so i can't fathom wearing leather bastketball shoes to play ball in you guys are str8 insane

I don't care about Adidas and UA. They've always been cheap to me. Never bothered with either brand.

Leather was used not so far back on the LeBron 6 and 8. Leather is great for ball. They put it on the Jordan 31, except like I said they gave us cheap synthetic.

I guess I'm straight insane because leather shoes don't bother me as far as playing in them. Not heavy, not hot, just straight 63 points like Mike against Boston. I guess leather didn't bother him either. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not going to derail the thread. Even if they don't use leather, I just wish the materials didn't look so cheap. That black pair looks like it could've been the Soldier 11 with the way it looks. Meh, whatever, I'm done ranting. :D

Last edited:
Reaaaalllly liking that Oreo esque cw. But with the AZG retro not sure if I want that to be my one 14[emoji]129300[/emoji]

yes it has.
thats why sponsored athletes/individuals exist in the first place.

No

What im saying is there were times where u didnt need to know what the sig models were, you could tell the difference between the sig premium models and a take down by just looking at them and holding them. The designs, effort, quality, etc was that much more apparent

Back
Top Bottom