The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

yes it has.
thats why sponsored athletes/individuals exist in the first place.

No

What im saying is there were times where u didnt need to know what the sig models were, you could tell the difference between the sig premium models and a take down by just looking at them and holding them. The designs, effort, quality, etc was that much more apparent

i guess its personal opinion and perspective.
the whole take down concept kinda went away a long time ago for the lebrons (i think it kinda exists for the kobe) and it was intentional. there isnt a lebron take down like we used to get with the shoes like More Uptempos and Penny 1s.

Last edited:
I said this earlier but love em or hate them the 13s look like a "signature " shoe.

Like they wouldnt be a normal hoop shoe like the hyperdunk just because of how they look.

Id say the same for kings pride....lebron 4....

Many jordans....11-20

The lebron 14 does NOT have that unique factor. Theyre nice...but imo the ONLY thing besides his endorsement that makes them a little take uppish is the cushioning system.

Thats very obvious to me.

Last edited:
adidas and UA don't use leather either, you are aware of that right? no one is using leather for basketball anymore and it's more than just they want to be cheap, i'm sorry yall want hot leather than so be it buy the retro's from yrs ago that still have leather build and be done with it but i like the new materials and how long they last bcuz the leather does not last longer and you guys are crazy for thinking so

ok case in point i no longer buy leather running shoes for army physical training, they're heavy, hot and all out garbage, i much prefer flyknit AM or the newer style 360AMs because theyre light, breathable and sit on a cloud of awesomess, so i can't fathom wearing leather bastketball shoes to play ball in you guys are str8 insane
Adidas Harden Vol. 1. Toe cap is leather.

adidas and UA don't use leather either, you are aware of that right? no one is using leather for basketball anymore and it's more than just they want to be cheap, i'm sorry yall want hot leather than so be it buy the retro's from yrs ago that still have leather build and be done with it but i like the new materials and how long they last bcuz the leather does not last longer and you guys are crazy for thinking so

ok case in point i no longer buy leather running shoes for army physical training, they're heavy, hot and all out garbage, i much prefer flyknit AM or the newer style 360AMs because theyre light, breathable and sit on a cloud of awesomess, so i can't fathom wearing leather bastketball shoes to play ball in you guys are str8 insane
Adidas Harden Vol. 1. Toe cap is leather.
is it, i haven't read anything that says it is nor had a chance to hold it in hand yet

My dude redrum3281 redrum3281 , Adidas & UA are running the same plastic/mesh materials on 'ball shoes because the factories are already setup to manufacture using said materials. It's the same factories in China manufacturing for all the brands. The brands just supply the design schemes (although seeing how whack designs are these days you'd think the factories themselves were designing 'ish) and choose the strength/density of the materials used. Hence Adidas Boost feeling different from Nike 'Lon' suffixed products despite being the same 'foam' based cushioning.

Also my man, running shoes have been predominantly mesh based since the 80s and really started taking off in the 90s.

the 14s are a glorified takedown shoe... take Lebrons name off of them and most of you wouldn't be checking for these at all

This statement holds true for every sig shoe to be honest.
Hasnt always been that way, but it seems like that now
Truth! especially in the era of the no tongue/one piece upper

yes it has.
No

What im saying is there were times where u didnt need to know what the sig models were, you could tell the difference between the sig premium models and a take down by just looking at them and holding them. The designs, effort, quality, etc was that much more apparent
Bingo! You hit it right on the head
I said this earlier but love em or hate them the 13s look like a "signature " shoe.

Like they wouldnt be a normal hoop shoe like the hyperdunk just because of how they look.

Id say the same for kings pride....lebron 4....

Many jordans....11-20

The lebron 14 does NOT have that unique factor. Theyre nice...but imo the ONLY thing besides his endorsement that makes them a little take uppish is the cushioning system.

Thats very obvious to me.
Thank you! It's plain as day

I agree, i said it before, nike hit us with the soldier low and called it the 14

Discounts gonna be widespread...imo the 3 yr decline of the bron line is continuing

With that said i buy lebrons for ball and if these are epic then ill be buying :lol:

My dude @redrum3281, Adidas & UA are running the same plastic/mesh materials on 'ball shoes because the factories are already setup to manufacture using said materials. It's the same factories in China manufacturing for all the brands. The brands just supply the design schemes (although seeing how whack designs are these days you'd think the factories themselves were designing 'ish) and choose the strength/density of the materials used. Hence Adidas Boost feeling different from Nike 'Lon' suffixed products despite being the same 'foam' based cushioning.

Also my man, running shoes have been predominantly mesh based since the 80s and really started taking off in the 90s.
well it'll def be at least 45days more til i can check anything out really, the malls here in Kuwait barely have sig product, some jordans but hard to find much else and yeah mesh has been a big use in runners but i've seen plenty of leather runners and plenty of athletes foot people wearing them for pt 
laugh.gif
 even when i played ball i didn't like leather ball, mesh and plastic to me was the greatest thing, the lebrons do to me look like a sig shoe just like the Kyries KD and PG now i guess i just don't understand what people are looking for in a sig shoe other than a sig name

The leather debate is kind of strange IMO. Have you guys every played ball and not had your feet sweat? It doesn't matter if I play in AJ1s, UA CFDs, or any of today's breathable shoes. Your feet are sweating like crazy no matter what.

I actually don't mind no leather for my basketball shoes as they tend to look better longer than leather shoes.
As far as leather casual shoes... word on the street is that you aren't supposed to wear basketball shoes causally anyways so that doesn't matter :rofl:

I think the real reason Nike doesn't use leather for bball shoes anymore is because nobody wants to see ol' Red in matching leather pants and leather shirt 
nerd.gif
i'd do it too 
roll.gif
been saving an outfit just for yall to go with some shoes beware.....not srs
laugh.gif

yes it has.

No

Nah.

Every year it's the same story

Leak pics of a new model, comments are always "this must be the takedown"

Then it gets named as the new shoe for the season and people suddenly want it.

Some of the team basketball shoes are more appealing than the Lebron or kobes but I don't see hundreds of pages for discussion because they're just that, a team basketball shoe. Put a signature athletes PE logo on it and some people want it, make it a signature shoe and people want it even more.

My whole point with the leather vs fabric (whatever nike is using nowadays) is that Nikes current design language, ALL newer models have fabric, like others have mentioned here, these lebrons could very well be team/hyperdunk shoes, what sets them apart is the branding

Even Flyknit was exclusive to 'elite', 'prestigious' models until nike exploited it and threw it on everything.

Theres obvious R&D that can be done to execute more lightweight, functional leather shoes. But ultimately IMO I stand by saying leather gives more a sig feel to shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leather gives a "signature" feel because most of the people voicing that opinion grew up when ornate, multi-layered leather shoes were top of the line product for signature athletes. It'll be interesting to see what kids who grew up on this recent era of plastic shoes consider to be a "signature" feel, but I'd bet it won't have anything to do with whether or not the shoe is made of leather. Those kids definitely don't worship penny 2s or barkleys or agassis like some of y'all do and that's why all of those shoes sit until they hit $60 lol.

Leather gives a "signature" feel because most of the people voicing that opinion grew up when ornate, multi-layered leather shoes were top of the line product for signature athletes. It'll be interesting to see what kids who grew up on this recent era of plastic shoes consider to be a "signature" feel, but I'd bet it won't have anything to do with whether or not the shoe is made of leather. Those kids definitely don't worship penny 2s or barkleys or agassis like some of y'all do and that's why all of those shoes sit until they hit $60 lol.
TRUTH

Have y'all seen nikes "take down" shoes?

These are def not on that level.
Only thing weird to me is the ice sole! Gotta switch that up

Back
Top Bottom