The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

DTB that beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

appreciate it man

Originally Posted by loendradio

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not..

Here's a book that completely changed the way I approach sound engineering. Geared towards those who have had a solid amount of experience already, it teaches what state of mind you should be in when you mix as opposed to the "boost at so-so frequency to get "adjective"" type of learning that you get from a typical book on mixing. A hefty price, but this is one book that I feel is definitely worth buying.

http://www.mixingwithyourmind.com

It is divided up into chapters so you can read specifically what applies to your current situation, but there are founding principles and themes that are present throughout the text. Most of the concepts are very easily applied as well, but make huge immediate impacts.

I used to hate mixing, but I love it now; I can attribute much of that to reading this book. Check it out!
cool. im checking it out. anybody need a copy, please see me.

darkside sounded like somethin '02 50 would rip with a grimey NY flow
dope charge sounds like somethin UGK would flow on.
nice tracks

im amazed with NT's producers ya'll really makin beats that i could really hear on the radio forreal.
not sayin its commercial, but it sounds like somethin someone would pay money for.
keep it up.

couple random tidbits..

when approaching your mix, strive to make the music "listenable", or easy on the ears.. nowadays, the focus always seems on making music that's as loud and impressive as possible upon the first listen; when playing two songs side by side, the one that's louder tends to have a better first impression on the listener, particularly in hip-hop. however, that does not necessarily mean that the song is "listenable", that they won't mind having the song on all day, or while they're working, etc.. for instance, doesn't it seem like most newer big label music gets played out a lot faster than older stuff? that's because the general focus of these labels is leaning towards making a huge first impression, so that when people hear it once at the club or at the radio they'll be rushing to find it. however, if your focus is on making music people will love, music that will stand up to the tests of time (which it should be, do it for the love not the money), then you're going to have to approach your mix much differently. focus on bringing out the textures, the subtleties, the details that the listener may not notice consciously. let your mastering engineer and the hand of your listener provide the gain.

in short, never sacrifice quality for volume.

how to test for listenability: take your mix and play it while you do everything else besides focusing on the music. listen while you work, while you're driving, eating, hanging out with friends.. the goal is to make sure that you don't mind that it's playing while you're doing other stuff. think about it from the point of view of your audience.. the majority of people don't sit down and listen to music while focusing on it entirely, they're always listening to it while doing other stuff. if you can't even stand to listen to your music for hours on end while doing other things (you get that "i gotta change the song" urge), then your audience definitely won't.

Haven't been in here in forever. 
laugh.gif

Not bad. Not. Bad.

I don't really have anything new specifically but check out the Bandcamp in my sig. Discography on the right-hand side.

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

KONG Drum machine is HARD!

Kong is pretty dope, once I get my synthesis in order, I'll stick to Reason completely. I jumped and messed with Battery, but Kong saved me, I just need to get Grooves and stuff right so my Reason production doesn't sound stiff.

I hit a few dudes up via PM in this thread for this EP/Tape.

Thanx TeflanDon & H Town Hustler, glad ya'll like the track..

New Joint..HAPPY HOLIDAYS YA'LL!

"Rudolph's Soul Flight"
Produced by Mystro Shawn Sample (Shizzmyster)

Back
Top Bottom