The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

one of these dudes about to get PJ’d smh

This Feels Like A Trap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Only happens if Embiid falls off a cliff during his super max extension and Maxey is just Lou Will with dreads

I like Maxey I think he can be better than that.

You know they have an asset they can trade to get some more shooters to surrond Embiid with.

I see what you mean but most dudes nowadays have the mindset of “that’s cool but it won’t happen to me” all while it’s happening to them :lol:
Well when it does I don't wanna hear **** about how they weren't prepared.

She do look good as hell sitting in that chair though.

I like Maxey I think he can be better than that.

You know they have an asset they can trade to get some more shooters to surrond Embiid with.
2 of em lol but considering we have all of our picks down the line, we shouldn’t need to blow it all up

I mean with Embiid's injury history and age shouldn't Philly be in a "win now" mindset?
Tbh is year was always gonna be a wash with the Benanim situation. It’s really to make sure Tobias is good enough to be a piece and not also get traded

Embiid is a good enough shooter to where he can be like Dirk to preserve his body more. Covid just didn’t help

What’s the alternative for OKC? Just try to put together a team like 19-20 that will be a play-in team at best? And they were really only able to even do that since they had an all-time great point guard.

They’d basically just have to overpay random veterans (which is bad biz in itself) and then would end up with draft picks that’ll give them no chance at a star.

Tbh is year was always gonna be a wash with the Benanim situation. It’s really to make sure Tobias is good enough to be a piece and not also get traded

Embiid is a good enough shooter to where he can be like Dirk to preserve his body more. Covid just didn’t help

Come playoff time Philly will probably be better of without Ken Timmons TBH.

Especially if they're finally able to get something back obviously.

How many years of tanking and all the Thunder have to show for it is Giddey, Lu Dort (who was undrafted) and SGA who they traded for
Tanking doesnt really work

All they have to show for it? They have 3 first rounders in 2022, 5 first rounders in 2023, 4 more in 2024 and 3 more in 2025.

Right now probably isn't the best time to assess their tank :lol:

What’s the alternative for OKC? Just try to put together a team like 19-20 that will be a play-in team at best? And they were really only able to even do that since they had an all-time great point guard.

They’d basically just have to overpay random veterans (which is bad biz in itself) and then would end up with draft picks that’ll give them no chance at a star.

i just want the mysterious scratches to stop. Or trade SGA. Or don’t draft poku when maxey is available.

A team like OKC is going to take the player they think has the best chance to be a superstar with each pick.

Hail marys on every selection.

A team like OKC is going to take the player they think has the best chance to be a superstar with each pick.

Hail marys on every selection.
They'll be like the Pelicans and can't keep them.

At least they're in New Orleans for the Pelicans...not sure what's there for a young person in OKC (or Utah).

How do you stop it though? Can't really tell a player that they aren't injured. It would require the players to speak up.

watch this. Shai will come back and they’ll win games they aren’t supposed to and boom he’s injured again. They did it last year. Already started now. Ain’t just me saying this.

and that creating a losing culture stuff is real. KAT just spoke about it. Eye know NBA guys that have said it’s draining.

Last edited:
watch this. Shai will come back and they’ll win games they aren’t supposed to and boom he’s injured again. They did it last year. Already started now. Ain’t just me saying this.

and that creating a lose culture stuff is real. KAT just spoke about it. Eye know NBA guys that have said it’s draining.
They're definitely guilty. The league will have to fine them heavily or take away draft picks. I just don't think there's a big enough complaint yet to make the league will do it.

They're definitely guilty. The league will have to fine them heavily or take away draft picks. I just don't think there's a big enough complaint yet to make the league will do it.

Will be interesting to see if Shai himself starts complaining publicly. Players can't take having long NBA careers for granted. OKC's going to end up wasting some his prime.

i just want the mysterious scratches to stop. Or trade SGA. Or don’t draft poku when maxey is available.
Like I said, I don't really agree with the mysterious scratches either. But until SGA or somebody else complains, I don't really know what you can do.

I thought Poku was a bum (and I wanted Maxey to be the Cs pick), but I can't even be too mad at them taking a swing on him at 17. You can at least see that there could be some potential there. I still don't get why they passed on my dude Alp in this draft though.

Def not trading Shai. He's a cornerstone piece they have under contract for 5 years after this season. Say they hit on Paolo in this draft and they all of the sudden have a somewhat promising core with an AS-level guard, AS-level forward, connector with upside in Giddey, and defensive wing in Dort. Then a billion future picks and cap space.

Path is there.

Like I said, I don't really agree with the mysterious scratches either. But until SGA or somebody else complains, I don't really know what you can do.

I thought Poku was a bum (and I wanted Maxey to be the Cs pick), but I can't even be too mad at them taking a swing on him at 17. You can at least see that there could be some potential there. I still don't get why they passed on my dude Alp in this draft though.

Def not trading Shai. He's a cornerstone piece they have under contract for 5 years after this season. Say they hit on Paolo in this draft and they all of the sudden have a somewhat promising core with an AS-level guard, AS-level forward, connector with upside in Giddey, and defensive wing in Dort. Then a billion future picks and cap space.

Path is there.
They should still package it for -name redacted-

Will be interesting to see if Shai himself starts complaining publicly. Players can't take having long NBA careers for granted. OKC's going to end up wasting some his prime.
If he'd request a trade, he'd definitely have the right to do so. It has to be demoralizing to be as bad as they are and having to watch what happened yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom