The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on man. you gotta give the knicks a little credit for their previous season, which was unexpected. they've only gotten better with these pick ups and draft picks so yeah, knicks fans are happy that the team is headed in the right direction.
Bro, no doubt about that. I actually like the direction your team is going in I'm just sayin it's kind of going out of your way to mention Kyrie like that in regards to him signing in BKN instead of with y'all

The draft picks were excellent

I think they're looking at it from a pure basketball perspective and not a Knicks fans perspective. BK can have KD, Harden and Myrie and not win a chip and it gets a little press. Let the Knicks have those three and not win. It would be a NIGHTMARE for the Knicks in the media. It's market perception IMO. Knicks, Lakers and GSW or Clippers or Bron team to some respect get a different type of slander that a lot of fans don't understand or respect...although they'll be the first to throw shade :lol:
From a pure basketball perspective you enjoy watching the better players playing basketball on a nightly basis. Dudes act like Kyrie is distracting them from doing their own personal jobs on a daily basis or something :lol:. And having lived in NY for a decade plus now I’m howling at the idea that the Knicks’ fan base wouldn’t welcome the expectations and critique that comes with having that cast. Same city that went nuts over Linsanity

Knicks fans soft as hell is what it sounds like...yet in the same breath be doing this after winning 1 game in the playoffs.

Worried about the "media" attention? You wanna win or be liked, cause y'all have been on the wrong side of both of those for a minute.

Knicks fans soft as hell is what it sounds like...yet in the same breath be doing this after winning 1 game in the playoffs.

Worried about the "media" attention? You wanna win or be liked, cause y'all have been on the wrong side of both of those for a minute.

Good to get this going since it's a trash night of games

From a pure basketball perspective you enjoy watching the better players playing basketball on a nightly basis. Dudes act like Kyrie is distracting them from doing their own personal jobs on a daily basis or something :lol:. And having lived in NY for a decade plus now I’m howling at the idea that the Knicks’ fan base wouldn’t welcome the expectations and critique that comes with having that cast. Same city that went nuts over Linsanity
I never spoke for the entire fan base, just for me

Just so happens other members of the fanbase feel the same way

you sound dumb lol

Kyrie isn't eem playing on a nighly basis between injuries and PTO, though :lol: Fully healthy he's great but EYE am just saying I could see how those folks on the previous page could say how Myrie on their team would be frustrating due to what we've seen in his recent seasons. That's all.

EDIT: Kind of like Based Jesus Based Jesus said, its a personal opinion and not that I or anyone else has to agree with it but I can see where he's coming from/why an individual would say that. Knicks fans are not a monolith.

EDIT 2: I literally think we had CELTICS fans saying they were happy he was gone today :lol:

Last edited:
Knicks are playing good basketball for the first time in years AND staying out of the news, it's practically ****ing christmas in NY right now :lol:

So unless Kyrie wins a championship in Brooklyn I honestly would prefer to not have him on the team at this moment. Especially since apparently he wouldn't be on the team anyways, preferring to be a pro-Covid activist :lol:

Obviously KD and Harden would be nice but they aint won **** for BK either and weren't coming without Kyrie, so for now I'm perfectly happy
it would be nice to have kevin durant & james harden on my favorite team

BUT I do really like this current group. Got a lot more dynamic in the offseason & been taking a ton of threes in preseason. Haven't ever been this excited for a season.

🧢🧢

What I find really funny is Kyrie or people close to Kyrie came up with that explanation thinking it would clear things up and explain his side of things. Instead, the whole statement made things even more confusing :lol:

Kyrie isn't eem playing on a nighly basis between injuries and PTO, though :lol: Fully healthy he's great but EYE am just saying I could see how those folks on the previous page could say how Myrie on their team would be frustrating due to what we've seen in his recent seasons. That's all.

EDIT: Kind of like Based Jesus Based Jesus said, its a personal opinion and not that I or anyone else has to agree with it but I can see where he's coming from/why an individual would say that. Knicks fans are not a monolith.
Frustrating and stumbling to the ECF Game 7 in year one when Kyrie hardly played that series? I just find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn’t take the outcome. Especially a franchise starved for a winner.

Frustrating and stumbling to the ECF Game 7 in year one when Kyrie hardly played that series? I just find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn’t take the outcome. Especially a franchise starved for a winner.
This is part of why someone might not want him on their squad :lol: I'm not discrediting his talent at all. I think he's great. I could just see why folks might prefer other options. Sixers not even coming off a malcontent Ben Simmons for him :lol:

Again, I'm not saying that is my opinion but just explaining the rationale behind why someone might feel that way. We'll see what happens with him, though.

Only thing the Knicks haven't done in my lifetime is win a ring and stay out the news for stupid ****

So I don't care about nothing else but peace and rings

Good thing is I don't need you to believe me for that to be true :lol:

If I was gonna lie to a bunch of anonymous people about basketball I would like about rooting for the Knicks :lol:

Scottie might end up with a kind of meh rookie year stat line but his trajectory at 20 years old...

He's already taking and making- midrange, floaters and hooks. He can somewhat dribble drive to the rim in the half court (at least he tries). He's taking 3's but clanking (0-8 in 5 games) which is the concern, hopefully he develops at least a catch and shoot

On top of his already evident passing/playmaking, perimeter and paint defense and transition game. Decent athleticism

By his third or fourth year he could be flourishing. Def has an eventual Finals rotation type vibe. Feel like he's everywhere on the court :lol:

Magic did, in fact, retire due to his HIV diagnosis. He came back 3.5 years later when HIV was better understood (for less than a full season) and the league completely changed the rules for it. That’s where the blood time out rules come from. And, last time I checked, there’s still no HIV/AIDS vaccine.

People are so stupid and ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom