The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who mistakenly thought he was gonna be a DPOY candidate, I'm very happy to see Biyombo doing well right now.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and your he disrespect that Melo gets while still active is wild to me. We got folks questioning his status as a first ballot HOFer and saying PG will have a better resume.
A80D5AC9-2B6A-4DC6-B6F8-4F7559B14577.jpeg

79CAFE15-D355-439A-B84B-072118E55090.jpeg

Don’t let the bare jacket sleeves or the fact that he’s from West Baltimore and refused to leave money on the table (costing him rangz) fool you. He was, and still is in stretches, a mother****in bucket. Let it be known.
I’m not disrespecting Melo nor disputing him being an HOFer. I’m comparing NBA careers and half those Wiki Melo accolades are from 1 college season.

I can easily see Paul George adding multiple All-star, All-NBA and All-Defensive accolades to his resume for the next 2-3 years. Whereas, I think Melo is done in that regard.

PG’s resume is going to impacted by his lack of durability over the last few seasons. Has missed big chunks of games each season he’s been with the Clippers.

PG still racking up an impressive resume despite missing a season with the leg injury and not really playing a full season in his last few years
probably missing out on another all-star and nba team this yr with his injury

How long can Mavericks' Luka Doncic avoid the criticism Lakers' Russell Westbrook gets?

In many ways, Doncic and Westbrook are the same player.

They’re both freaks of nature at their position. They impose their will on defenses, and their turnovers come from making split-second or last-second decisions.

Those tend to lead to transition opportunities for the opponent. The Suns exploited that Thursday in scoring 31 points off 19 Dallas turnovers.

Doncic committed nearly half of those, but Westbrook is receiving far more criticism for the same ill.

Is it because he’s with the Lakers, who could’ve gone a different direction and grabbed DeMar DeRozan or Buddy Hield? Watching DeRozan turn the Chicago Bulls into winners again is making the Westbrook deal look even shakier.

Is it because he’s due $44.2 million this season and $47 million next season?

Or could it be Westbrook playing below his standard has made James' amazing numbers look meaningless because they’re not resulting in wins for the Lakers?

Westbrook is a future Hall of Famer. Doncic is on his way to having a Hall of Fame career. They are special players, but both clearly have a glaring flaw.

It just seems like Westbrook is being criticized for it more, but if Doncic doesn’t improve in that area, that too will be part of his lasting legacy.

I’m not disrespecting Melo nor disputing him being an HOFer. I’m comparing NBA careers and half those Wiki Melo accolades are from 1 college season.

I can easily see Paul George adding multiple All-star, All-NBA and All-Defensive accolades to his resume for the next 2-3 years. Whereas, I think Melo is done in that regard.

Yeah, I was looking at PG’s age (31) and he will add some of those accolades but for me the differentiator would have to be their contributions to a championship otherwise I think arguing about the better career would be a matter of preference

We wanna talk about Paul George being better than someone, let's talk about him in relation to apparently the most skilled player of all time, Kyrie Irving

What makes Kyrie Irving more skilled than Paul George?

We wanna talk about Paul George being better than someone, let's talk about him in relation to apparently the most skilled player of all time, Kyrie Irving

What makes Kyrie Irving more skilled than Paul George?
I think most folks would say his crafty ball handling, unique finishing ability and shooting make him the most skilled player of all time and more skilled than PG. That doesn’t mean he’s the better player, though because like finessence finessence mentioned, he’s an elite two-way player.

The randomness is what makes its interesting. It's good for people who bet and are big supporters of "their" team. It offers a bit more parity than the NBA. Do you watch Futbol? If so, what are your thoughts on Champions league?

Champions League is different to me. Not single elimination. Home and away is usually enough especially it being a 90 min game. But yea there can/will be some surprises.

Even then so, Champions League is the highest level of competition. Best players in the world.

As for the NCAA tournament or College Football - hell no. That’s my issue. I want to see the best players at the highest level (in any sport I watch).

Champions League is different to me. Not single elimination. Home and away is usually enough especially it being a 90 min game. But yea there can/will be some surprises.

Even then so, Champions League is the highest level of competition. Best players in the world.

As for the NCAA tournament or College Football - hell no. That’s my issue. I want to see the best players at the highest level (in any sport I watch).
Yeah, but the finals is determined by a single game.

Yea I always wish it was two legged honestly.

But they go thru a lot to get there so I get it.

Plus UEFA loves having an event that supersedes the Super Bowl. I get that too.
it would have been nice to have more but I believe the game is just too taxing for the players. that is why every single game, every team needs to do their best to be on top and score as much goal as possible for the aggregate. no time to be relaxing or sandbagging games. funny part is, Messi seems to be on his best when playing Champions League than playing on League 1.

Broadway Barrett blossoming beautifully.

Him & Deuce make a very formidable defensive backcourt ALREADY.

I think most folks would say his crafty ball handling, unique finishing ability and shooting make him the most skilled player of all time and more skilled than PG. That doesn’t mean he’s the better player, though because like finessence finessence mentioned, he’s an elite two-way player.
PG has a crafty handle for his size, but obviously he's no Kyrie, can't even argue that.

Kyrie is a fancier finisher but PG is a better finisher simply based on size and strength. And even if we compare Kyrie to other guards, his "unique ability" doesn't seem to grant him that much more of an advantage in paint scoring.

And he's just as good of a scorer as Kyrie. Can score in all the same ways and is more efficient too depending on the year.

So he's only really outclassed in the handles division of the game, but if we start getting into the rest of the game Kyrie either is marginally better or doesn't even come close, like on defense, or in rebounding.

So I'm wondering how someone who isn't even definitively better than Playoff P can be the most skilled ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom