The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crying-boy.gif

Brunson will probably be getting $20M per, DFS might be worth $12M+. Will the Mavs go into the luxury tax for a good, not great squad?
I've kind of assumed they brought Bullock in with the idea of eventually letting DFS walk... But Reggie hasn't been very good this year.

But either way - you can't just let assets walk out the door - especially as strapped as they are for assets to build over the next offseason or two.. They'll have to do something with one or either.

Jerami Grant makes some measure of sense for Dallas as far as fit goes - and the Pistons supposedly love JB.

Brunson's a hard piece to figure out for me trade-wise... Just not sure what his actual value is.

Collins for Smart and a pick or Richardson and Horford otw out gaining steam?

Last edited:
Qyrie needs to fire his agent

Treating son like he AB.

Some of those were OD but let's not act like it wasn't just $1MM shy of the max. But either way, it's clear he doesn't care considering he was taking PTO knowing that there was $125K tied to him playing 70 or more games |l

NBA incentives always remind me of Mo Harkless refusing to shoot 3s at the end of one season in Portland because he had a $500K incentive tied to his 3P% and if he missed one more then he would have fallen just below the threshold :lol:

Collins for Smart and a pick or Richardson or Horford gaining steam?
I think this is a throwaway season for the Celtics, and any "big" moves will be made in the summer. In the meantime, they're probably just looking to get something back for Schroder.

I’m still laughing.

No sane individual is turning down 30 million dollars. Lakers had no cap room and the Spurs don’t trade with the Lakers so tell me how the math makes sense before you crack jokes.
I think yo meant the on court part of it…Some folks acted like he wasn’t “good enough” to be a Laker, like THT or something could be better than Derozan :lol:

But then they ended up with Westbrook anyway so the jokes are too easy

I think yo meant the on court part of it…Some folks acted like he wasn’t “good enough” to be a Laker, like THT or something could be better than Derozan :lol:

But then they ended up with Westbrook anyway so the jokes are too easy
Absolutely :lol:, dudes were sticking their noses up for years even at the thought of him being a 3rd option acting like they were better off with Green, Kuz etc

I remember

lilreese.gif

Most of the laughs weren't about cap concerns though :lol:, dudes were being flat out disrespectful comparing him to Patty Mills and ****

Kudos to DeRozan for having a mid career resurgence but he went on record saying he struggled in high stress situations (his playoff track record hasn't been that great tbh). Playing with Lebron and the Lakers would've been the end of his career.

He's found a good fit with Chicago and should focus on making a deep playoff run with them - no need for the 'What If/Lakers' chatter.

Derozan is the first option in Chicago. If you wanna say he'd be better than Russ you're probably right but he wouldn't be the same guy you've been seeing this season. Him and Buddy hield got a ton of new fans this year for some reason 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom