The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam & Bridges due for extensions, too. Is Sarver even willing to pay all that?

Locking yourself into this core & letting them walk both seem equally bad right now
Bridges got his extension last year

Cam is up for his this year

Booker is up for a supermax

And Ayton the rookie max

I think Booker is a lock to get his money. The other two I dunno.

They'll low-ball Ayton (although the offer wojld probably be fair) and he`ll request a trade.

:nerd:
1652736702997.png
ayton
jabari/banchero
grant
lavine
lillard
:emoji_fire:

:lol:

Bridges got his extension last year

Cam is up for his this year

Booker is up for a supermax

And Ayton the rookie max

I think Booker is a lock to get his money. The other two I dunno.
Bridges money kicks in next year, yeah?

Booker's gonna get supermax money regardless. Can argue about whether he's worth it, but he's getting it.

I don't know that I'd pay Cam Johnson ... Guys like him everywhere, but it depends on the money. Ayton's hard. I wouldn't want to pay him, but do they have a choice? He leaves and it's not like you can just go replace him.

Suns don’t have a future if they trade Ayton, right?
Think they pretty much had a 2 year window with this season and last to win a title while you could still get production from Chris. Biggest problem with Ayton is how his production is basically tied to the PG that plays with him. The more Chris deteriorates, the less valuable Ayton sort of becomes. And this is exactly why they should have drafted Haliburton when they had the chance.

Barring another round of injuries, the West should be much better next season.

They’re only real move, assuming they keep the core of CP/Book/Ayton/Bridges is to tie the Shamet + Saric contracts to all of their FRPs. They can basically get to $24M or so in salary. Their payroll is going to be pretty daunting though. Not sure if that’s something Sarver is gonna go for.

I know this man didn't just claim a zodiac sign as a reason for his.....

you know what yall got it.
Son said he understands borderline personality disorder because he's an Aries. Pass. Doesn't seem like as much are interested in a Kyrie slurpfest anymore based on that Boardroom interview numbers.

I would consider re-setting the team with a sign and trade for Ayton. Get a stop-gap center and maybe a pick/young-ish player.

Sucks for CP. :lol:

Imagine giving Devin Booker $211 million over 4 seasons.

Unless the cap going way up, this is a disaster... and I'm here for it.

is booker or ayton driving the bus? i think book gets the max, not sure about ayton. some team will pay him

:emoji_bus:

Not giving Booker his money would be peak stupid for the Suns

Don't pay him, and then what?

What is the plan then?

Him walking in two years? Trading him for who exactly? There is another young all-NBA player out there on a discount that is as good as Booker? Trade him for picks in the hope you don't **** up in the draft again? Do you expect to sign his replacement with the cap savings?

Plus the new TV kicks in around 2025.

Pay Booker his money.

Sign and trade ayton and picks for kat and pat bev. I don't think it's a good trade I just want cp and pat bev in the same locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom