The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the Wire but havent seen the Sopranos.

Same here.

Didn't want to divulge this: but I haven't seen either

If there was a downvoting here, I would understand
EVbDdOuVAAACXyR

I was gonna start it in December 🤷🏾‍♂️

The Wire or the Sopranos best two shows ever. Not one show comes close (get that Breaking Bad **** out of here anyone.)

And I’m not saying that because it’s a nostalgia trip - because I was way too young to watch those shows and fully understand it when they were realeased.

The thing about the Sopranos (that makes some people say it’s the GOAT) is the fact that it has so many comedic and psychological moments - on top of all the drama/mob theme.

It’s truly a comedy about how dumb gangsters (and people in general are) when you pick up on it .

The Wire or the Sopranos best two shows ever.

And I’m not saying that because it’s a nostalgia trip - because I was way to young to watch those shows and fully understand it when they were realeased.

The thing about the Sopranos (that make people say it’s the GOAT) is the fact that it has so many comedic and psychological moments - on top of all the drama/mob theme.
I'm glad I have HBOMax it's just rough to find time these days. Not like in your early 20's where binging was easy

Also a show that HBOMAX has that you guys will absolutely love - a show which is much more like “The Wire” (except for the police theme) is…… GOMORRAH

An Italian gangster-drama show based on the Gomorrah (clan-gangs) in Napoli. Absolutely amazing. That’s really more like the “The Wire” because they’re both based on true to life stories/issues plaguing the area.

MUST WATCH - Gomorrah (remember that). Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles put me on a couple years ago.

Last edited:
The Wire or the Sopranos best two shows ever. Not one show comes close (get that Breaking Bad **** out of here anyone.)

And I’m not saying that because it’s a nostalgia trip - because I was way too young to watch those shows and fully understand it when they were realeased.

The thing about the Sopranos (that makes some people say it’s the GOAT) is the fact that it has so many comedic and psychological moments - on top of all the drama/mob theme.

It’s truly a comedy about how dumb gangsters (and people in general are) when you pick up on it .
The Sopranos is hilarious :lol:

GOT is fire until the show catches up to the books
Then the writing takes a noticeable nosedive right off a cliff
That's exactly what everyone says so in my mind I'm like why would I invest my time in this :lol:

Semi-related but I've seen sooo many yambs on Bumble with "I'm still not over...The final season (maybe ending, I forget it was one of the two) of Game of Thrones" and I'm just like yo, did Cosmo tell y'all that was a hot line or something? Can't possibly be that many women in their feelings over GoT of all things :lol:

That's exactly what everyone says so in my mind I'm like why would I invest my time in this :lol:

Semi-related but I've seen sooo many yambs on Bumble with "I'm still not over...The final season (maybe ending, I forget it was one of the two) of Game of Thrones" and I'm just like yo, did Cosmo tell y'all that was a hot line or something? Can't possibly be that many women in their feelings over GoT of all things :lol:

Why not? I’m mildly still in my feelings about it.

That said, a lot of women may feel especially strongly about it because of how the show ended the character arc of one of the prominent female characters.

I haven't seen a second of the Wire or Sopranos, saw maybe a few excerpts of Game of Thrones, probably less than 10 minutes in total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom