The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see both sides of the time argument the same way I see both sides of the I could care less argument

Also I forgot how Marcus Morris pulled a fast one on the Spurs after they traded Bertrans so they could sign him. Spurs are hilarious 😂😂😂

So I’m moving AD away from the painted area where he’s most effective to benefit…. Demar DeRozan?

I’m having Demar run PnR instead of LeBron James?

Why can’t you run a pick and roll with Demar ? Does Lebron get to the line more than him ? Does Lebron have a better midrange then him . When you run the pnr the person guarding Lebron has to stay with him or you leave the other two people who are supposed to be three point shooters . Ad can shoot a 12-16 foot easy he’s a elite big man . What can westbrick do that demar can’t do on offense ? Mr 65 percent on the line ? Mr 5 turnovers .

This is a bad take
It may very well be, but how can this be an exposure if I never walked it back and tried to pretend like I believed something else? Through the whole thing I:

• Took Kawhi's side against the organization
  • Wanted to tank
  • Disliked DDR being on the team
Never wavered on any of those things. He goes and balls and gets bounced in the second round good for him. He was holding the team back from a tank job which they need to do so from that perspective he was a waste. He's better off and we're better off. Even if the Bulls win the title I wouldn't think a mistake was made letting him go. He didn't fit what I personally feel the plan for the franchise should be.

I can see both sides of the time argument the same way I see both sides of the I could care less argument

Also I forgot how Marcus Morris pulled a fast one on the Spurs after they traded Bertrans so they could sign him. Spurs are hilarious 😂😂😂
Poverty franchise as I have said before. It is what it is.

time is real.
Untitled.png

ufdup.png

Why can’t you run a pick and roll with Demar ? Does Lebron get to the line more than him ? Does Lebron have a better midrange then him . When you run the pnr the person guarding Lebron has to stay with him or you leave the other two people who are supposed to be three point shooters . Ad can shoot a 12-16 foot easy he’s a elite big man . What can westbrick do that demar can’t do on offense ? Mr 65 percent on the line ? Mr 5 turnovers .
You want to alter both AD & Bron’s shot profiles to placate a (vastly) inferior player. Im telling you that’s now how it would go in reality.

Demar would have to adjust to those 2, not the other way around, and he would struggle because his jumper doesn’t have reliable range behind the arc and he doesn’t play defense.

His game is just not suited to be a 3rd option, playing off of two other guys.

Sighhh end of the day the Lakers go as far as AD & Bron take them, whether it's DD, Westbrook or Buddy Hield ( :lol: )

Gotta love the change in Narrative on Demar now that he's not a Laker tho :lol:, swore when it looked like L.A was a thing it was a bunch of post talking about just how bad of a fit he is next to Lebron & Russ.

It may very well be, but how can this be an exposure if I never walked it back and tried to pretend like I believed something else? Through the whole thing I:

• Took Kawhi's side against the organization
  • Wanted to tank
  • Disliked DDR being on the team
Never wavered on any of those things. He goes and balls and gets bounced in the second round good for him. He was holding the team back from a tank job which they need to do so from that perspective he was a waste. He's better off and we're better off. Even if the Bulls win the title I wouldn't think a mistake was made letting him go. He didn't fit what I personally feel the plan for the franchise should be.

process ≠ results

You want to alter both AD & Bron’s shot profiles to placate a (vastly) inferior player. Im telling you that’s now how it would go in reality.

Demar would have to adjust to those 2, not the other way around, and he would struggle because his jumper doesn’t have reliable range behind the arc and he doesn’t play defense.

Westbrook ain’t a better defender he ain’t a. Better shooter and he’s a turnover machine . That’s the lakers third option . Last year it was Dennis as the third and this year it’s westbrick . Say what u want Westbrook ain’t a better fit I’ll leave it at that . Derozan offense over Westbrook offense any day of the week .

Can't tell me time is real when the other week we just decided it's all of a sudden 2:00 again.

Then at the same time, Hawai'i & Arizona are like nah it's still 3:00. But then some parts of Arizona are like no it actually is 2:00.
No that's all bs :lol:

But time as 1/2 of the fundamental fabric of reality isn't. Everything that exists in our universe exists simultaneously in space and time and travels through them both at relative speeds as established by Einstein's special relativity and all the other physicists whose works he based it on

So yall can take up your time beefs with their ghosts :lol:

Again we talking about Westbrook or dekobe?

No that's all bs :lol:

But time as 1/2 of the fundamental fabric of reality isn't. Everything that exists in our universe exists simultaneously in space and time and travels through them both at relative speeds as established by Einstein's special relativity and all the other physicists whose works he based it on

So yall can take up your time beefs with their ghosts :lol:

Sp sayeth Jesus. Case closed.

I’ll just never understand the segment of Laker fans that just scoff at the idea of Buddy Hield alongside Bron and AD. He’s been one of the best high volume 3pt shooters in the league for a while now. And could’ve kept the team’s 2 best perimeter defenders who are also decent C&S guys. Isn’t that kind of exactly what you’d want surrounding Bron( best PG ever) and AD (one of the best bigs in the league)?

I’ll just never understand the segment of Laker fans that just scoff at the idea of Buddy Hield alongside Bron and AD. He’s been one of the best high volume 3pt shooters in the league for a while now. And could’ve kept the team’s 2 best perimeter defenders who are also decent C&S guys. Isn’t that kind of exactly what you’d want surrounding Bron( best PG ever) and AD (one of the best bigs in the league)?

They goofed it instead of having someone making 5 threes a game they settled for 5 turnovers a game .

Scoff is a strong word. Nobody would've been mad to have Buddy instead of Russ. And despite how people feel about him and how he plays, there is an argument to have Russ over Buddy.

Cliffs

They were telling me without Russ, there was no other alternative to play point guard since LeBron apparently didn't want to again. (And they said Caruso isn't a point guard)

Scoff is a strong word. Nobody would've been mad to have Buddy instead of Russ. And despite how people feel about him and how he plays, there is an argument to have Russ over Buddy.
I mean there’s someone a few posts above literally laughing at his name.

What is the argument to have Russ over the Buddy/Caruso/KCP combo?

He’s the most turnover prone player in the league who is also one of the worst shooters and defenders in the league. How is this a good profile for the 3rd wheel to play alongside Bron and AD?

Can't tell me time is real when the other week we just decided it's all of a sudden 2:00 again.

Then at the same time, Hawai'i & Arizona are like nah it's still 3:00. But then some parts of Arizona are like no it actually is 2:00.

While I agree that Daylights Savings Time is weird I do not think it necessarily indicates time is fake. At worst maybe it indicates that time is theoretical or relative and that 24 hours is merely the marker of a "day". All thing considered, I am not sure if attempting to debunk the authenticity or questioning the validity of time is worth it when you consider the alternative of not having any consistent relative markers (24 hours, AM/PM, months, days, years, etc.). Time as we have come to know it was created, it is logical and it's consistent. I don't see the problem.

As for DST, that is literally just to give folks extra daylight. It was actually started by the Germans during WWI because they thought they would save money and everyone just swaggerjacked them so blame them if anything :lol:

What argument? Lakers trying to sell jersey’s?

man going to be Bruce brown in a max come playoff time

They were telling me without Russ, there was no other alternative to play point guard since LeBron apparently didn't want to again. (And they said Caruso isn't a point guard)
Couldn’t they have also just kept Schroder with his bird rights to play 20 some minutes a game?

The Lakers are legitimately getting the production from Melo that they would have got from Buddy :lol: . Buddy is an elite shooter & average at everything else. Doesn't defend, doesn't playmake & isn't particularly efficient from the floor either.

On top of that he's been a major part in a perennial losing team for years now, Russ has his flaws but people acting as if Buddy would somehow increase this teams window is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom