The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does the NBA release the GM surveys? I always like to see who they consider the steals of the draft. I remember Mccaw getting a lot of votes one year :lol:

Look at this

Which rookie will be the best player in five years?

1. DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix – 27%

2. Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis – 27%

3. Luka Doncic, Dallas – 17%

4. Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento – 13%

5.Kevin Knox, New York – 13%

6. Wendell Carter Jr., Chicago – 3%

Last year: Josh Jackson – 24%

Trae not eem being listed. Luka not being first :lol:
:lol: at Josh Jackson and Kris Dunn being the top choices the years before that :sick:

I'll never forget people calling Josh Jackson the next T Mac :lol:

giphy.gif

Has anyone actually defended simmons?

i just saw this and came to a blank.. but these the same people who thought the decision would be a good idea

Has anyone actually defended simmons?

i just saw this and came to a blank.. but these the same people who thought the decision would be a good idea

Logical route for a disgruntled star with years on his contract.

Logical route for a disgruntled star with years on his contract.

to go scorched earth?

logical to me, would be to keep things quiet and hope team does me a solid and respects my wishes of certain places

or show up and just clearly be unhappy and make shh awkward.. then pull a BS injury or something

but this could F with the money if the team decides to just say F you, since they have zero reason to bow to Lebron & co

to go scorched earth?

logical to me, would be to keep things quiet and hope team does me a solid and respects my wishes of certain places

or show up and just clearly be unhappy and make shh awkward.. then pull a BS injury or something

but this could F with the money if the team decides to just say F you, since they have zero reason to bow to Lebron & co
He did it "the right way" this past season after being told he was going to get traded for Harden. Kept his head down and played. All he got for that was being railroaded by his team after the playoff collapse. :lol:

He did it "the right way" this past season after being told he was going to get traded for Harden. Kept his head and played. All he got for that was being railroaded by his team after the playoff collapse. :lol:

railroaded?

did they tell him not to shoot the layup?

and if I remember correctly the team tried to trade him for harden, that wasn’t a request on his behalf

i get him being bothered about the team trying to move him.. but I’m talking about practical side of him being under contract for 4 years

look at harden, he showed up not to f up the money but he clearly was loafing.. what Ben is doing could F up the money

In the last 4 games of the series, Simmons only shot 6 FG's per game, was 45% from the field and 32% from the line @7 ppg

He deserves to be more than railroaded

Not to mention this Hawks team, as talented as they are, were extremely inexperienced and had some guys injured/missing. Philly had zero business losing that series and Ben had no business playing that poorly

Iverson
Probably Dawkins
Embiid

it is so easy to pander to Philly fans. Humble yourself in front of them, play your *** off and brown nose a bit.

****, Harper did it before he ever played a regular season game

Moses stays getting forgotten about :smh:

Dawkins wasn't half the player Moses was. I don't think Dawkins ever averaged 20 a season

In the last 4 games of the series, Simmons only shot 6 FG's per game, was 45% from the field and 32% from the line @7 ppg

He deserves to be more than railroaded

Not to mention this Hawks team, as talented as they are, were extremely inexperienced and had some guys injured/missing. Philly had zero business losing that series and Ben had no business playing that poorly

how is he being railroaded?

railroaded?

did they tell him not to shoot the layup?

and if I remember correctly the team tried to trade him for harden, that wasn’t a request on his behalf

i get him being bothered about the team trying to move him.. but I’m talking about practical side of him being under contract for 4 years

look at harden, he showed up not to f up the money but he clearly was loafing.. what Ben is doing could F up the money
Yes bypassing the layup was cowardly, no argument there.

I don't like a guy pulling this stunt with four years left on his contract either, but I get it. If he doesn't want to play for the team anymore, this is the logical route to go.

He got $8M over the summer and is getting another $8M tomorrow. That's half his salary for the season already. :lol:

Yes bypassing the layup was cowardly, no argument there.

I don't like a guy pulling this stunt with four years left on his contract either, but I get it. If he doesn't want to play for the team anymore, this is the logical route to go.

He got $8M over the summer and is getting another $8M tomorrow. That's half his salary for the season already. :lol:

how is it the logical route though?

to be what harden did is the logical route, if you want to get out

but if he doesn’t show up, they could dig their heels in and find him and then he doesn’t get a year off of the deal, they still control his rights for 4 years and he’s just a year older

Listen if I’m being traded for James Harden, best believe I’m taking that as a compliment lol I’m good enough to headline a package for probably the best offensive player in league history

Also I’m taking that as a slight to show y’all that I’m better (he ain’t but point still remains)

I'm referring to public perception. But he deserves everything he gets. If he isn't being railroaded, then he should be

but what does that have to do with the 76ers organizatio/team

i assume if a decent trade was there, they would have respected his wishes

but the problem is, as david Aldridge pointed out on bomani’s podcast, teams think it’s going be too much work to build around him

because embiid can shoot, dude at the 4 makes sense as long as the other 3 guys can at least hit spot up shots as outlets for spacing

but what does that have to do with the 76ers organizatio/team

i assume if a decent trade was there, they would have respected his wishes

but the problem is, as david Aldridge pointed out on bomani’s podcast, teams think it’s going be too much work to build around him

because embiid can shoot, dude at the 4 makes sense as long as the other 3 guys can at least hit spot up shots as outlets for spacing
I honestly don't know what we're talking about anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom