The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Now that I'm back I been itching to go out shooting more. However, I still cant find time enough to hit those sunrise/sunset, it's killing me.

I feel ya fam. It's rough sometimes and there are many days I wish I could. I just try to make the best of the chances I get and deal with a lack of sleep from time to time.

Now that I'm back I been itching to go out shooting more. However, I still cant find time enough to hit those sunrise/sunset, it's killing me.

Had sometime yesterday, although the weather sucked and it was an impromptu ...
28950515193_28a318b592_c.jpg

im looking into lightroom presets. normally i just go for a natural edit. nothing special, but i do have mastin labs stuff. anything you guys recommend?

i was thinking of getting presets from this photographer i follow, but idk if its worth it. what do you guys think of her edit? picture is obviously amazing lol

Last edited:
I don't use presets as my "final" edit. Since when the editor made that preset, it was made for that particular photo.

I'll use a preset a base or a guide, but make final adjustments myself.

For that photo in particular, looks like it's just desaturated, cooler temperature, and applying a "matte" finish using the tone curve.

Last edited:
I don't use presets as my "final" edit. Since when the editor made that preset, it was made for that particular photo.

I'll use a preset a base or a guide, but make final adjustments myself.

For that photo in particular, looks like it's just desaturated, cooler temperature, and applying a "matte" finish using the tone curve.

Well of course i would edit to fit the picture after adding a preset. Im just trying to find a style other then making it look natural. Thats all

About the edit you are right and thats why i asked lol

Last edited:
That being said, personally I don't think it's worth it to purchase presets.

Yeah i just gotta figure out a style i like. Dont always want to go natural. Just find something that pops without screaming preset or vsco haha

It's not software - you add it to LR/PS and then can press a button for it to apply one of a whole bunch of effects. A few interesting ones but I agree with Nawzlew that each picture is different so needs different settings. It's useful to give you ideas sometimes though and now that it's free is worth a look.

The picture you put is exact the edit I try to go for in my shots. I still haven't gotten it. It's something that I'd use a lot since most my shots are street. But I'm not really into using preset like everyone says, every shot is different. Except if your doing like a photoshoot or maybe a wedding the. I'd see presets being helpful.

im looking into lightroom presets. normally i just go for a natural edit. nothing special, but i do have mastin labs stuff. anything you guys recommend?

i was thinking of getting presets from this photographer i follow, but idk if its worth it. what do you guys think of her edit? picture is obviously amazing lol

Make your own presets

The image you used as an example isn't a natural edit IMO. When I think natural edit, I think accurate depiction of what the human eye was able to see at that scene. The edit you posted is very artistic.

Make your own presets

The image you used as an example isn't a natural edit IMO. When I think natural edit, I think accurate depiction of what the human eye was able to see at that scene. The edit you posted is very artistic.
I don't think he wants natural.

I personally don't like the image or the edit.

Make your own presets

I don't think he wants natural.

I personally don't like the image or the edit.

:lol: i totally misread what he said :x

too early; not enough coffee

can i get some recommendations on a portable tripod? i want a regular sized tripod, but nothing too heavy. my current tripod is super light and i can carry it around, but its cheap and will probably fall over in super windy conditions lol. i have straps for it on my camera backpack so i will put it there. i was looking at the me foto backpacker. any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom