The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I went to Times Square late to buy the Kyrie 1s (since the Footlocker and Champs there close at midnight)....took my camera over the boat to Manhattan, Times Square, walked to Grand Central, hopped the train, spent some time on the BK bridge taking long exposures, just got home now because of delays with the bad fog. Going to shoot at the NY Auto Show later today.......very exciting for me since I really don't get to do much outside of landscapes and street stuff.

I shot tonight, doing the Auto Show later today, and then gonna go again Sunday someplace...hopefully Ill have a lot to contribute by Monday!

Serious questions,

What's the advantage of a mirrorless camera over a lets say RX100???

Interchangeable lenses only or what?

pretty much this situation:

i currently have 3 cameras. I started with a D5100 and then upgraded to a D810. I felt that I wanted a smaller camera for when I do things that I want to capture but didn't want to lug around the D5100 and lenses so I got the a6000. Many people get great results from an iphone but I'm not one of them nor do I have the patience to learn to be. I went mirrorless for the size. I went to the Florida vs LSU game in October and took the D5100 with some primes and was miserable carrying all of it around.

as good as the rx100 is, it is still a compromise of some image quality vs a dslr for size...also some of the creative choice that you can make with interchangeable lenses, add to that that the lack of a mirror mechanism enables the use of virtually any lens in a much more compact form factor than a dslr without having to sacrifice, as if at all, on image quality...

pretty much this situation:
as good as the rx100 is, it is still a compromise of some image quality vs a dslr for size...also some of the creative choice that you can make with interchangeable lenses, add to that that the lack of a mirror mechanism enables the use of virtually any lens in a much more compact form factor than a dslr without having to sacrifice, as if at all, on image quality...

I also didnt want to be carrying around a $3000 camera unless it was for a photoshoot. I like how low profile the a6000 is. Doesn't draw too much attention especially in my big hands. At first glance you would think it was one of the superzoom point and click bridge cameras

Any idea what this spot is on the lens? Will this affect anything, doesn't appear to be on the opening.

Walking the city Friday Night, and NY Auto Show earlier today. Didn't shoot as much as I wanted to at the Auto Show. It was way to packed. Gonna go back Thursday on my day off work and hope the crowd is lighter.

Auto shows stay packed, gotta get in on the media day if you could get the pass.

How do you guys store your photos?
External Harddrive. I have 4 at the current moment, 1 5TB (Current), 1 2TB (Back up), 1 500GB (portable/on the go) & 1 320GB (portable/on the go). I save all my RAW files that I post on my blog, and save all images from events, weddings, photoshoots etc. I don't delete those just in case the client/clients needs a certain photo or if I have extras. If it's a photoshop file that has many layers or a long time to do, I save a JPEG & the PS form of it just in case as well.

Having External Harddrives helps my laptop/computer run smoothly and I never have to worry about space ever on it. I try to get one on Black Friday since they always have deals. Last year I got the 5TB for $129 on Cyber Monday with free shipping. If you asking about brands, i use Western Digital, Seagate, & Lacie. Never had an issue or problem, so I've always stuck with those. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Looking to get my wife a dslr, leaving towards a Nikon since they have that Wi-Fi upload feature. Trying to keep my budget before $400, wish me luck

Does she really need a DSLR? At that budget you should be probably looking at a great point and shoot or mirrorless

Those are rad as hell Keko? What lenses are you using? Sorry if I have asked before. Love the last shot. I never have a long enough lens for something like that.

Back
Top Bottom