The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Again, all talk, no photos to back it up. And I'm not saying you can't take good photos with the gear, it's just easier. My skills are just fine. Get over yourself.

[COLOR=#red]:lol: Oh so now you're recanting your statement somewhat. Doesn't erase the asinine statement you made about mirrorless cams not being good for sports and I clearly proved you wrong. Also a chipmunk isn't a squirrel, so apparently you're also zoologically challenged as well. Do me a favor and research before you type anything else dude. Ok? Thx.

At the end of the day, perception in the camera industry will lag behind reality. This was the case when photography was transitioning from film into the digital era as well. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]:lol: Oh so now you're recanting your statement somewhat. Doesn't erase the asinine statement you made about mirrorless cams not being good for sports and I clearly proved you wrong. Also a chipmunk isn't a squirrel, so apparently you're also zoologically challenged as well. Do me a favor and research before you type anything else dude. Ok? Thx.

At the end of the day, perception in the camera industry will lag behind reality. This was the case when photography was transitioning from film into the digital era as well. [/COLOR]

How am I recanting my statement? I stated specifically that mirrorless cameras aren't made for sports shooters. You're twisting my words. I still wouldn't prefer to shoot sports with a mirrorless camera. Do you see any professional photographers shooting sporting events with mirrorless cameras? Do you see Fuji or Olympus marketing their cameras to sport shooters? Didn't think so. Doesn't mean you can't use a mirrorless camera for sports, however... It's just obvious that you should shoot with a DSLR if you want better autofocusing. Reread my statement and maybe you'll get a better idea of what I was saying. I still can't believe you have the audacity to say you've proved me wrong whereas you have proved nothing. I don't see it. Wheres the photo! :rolleyes

It also seems that you mentioned only one camera, the a6000 to defend all mirrorless cameras. Is that all you had to back up your claim?

Oh and yeah, you got me. I mistook a chipmunk for a squirrel. I'm so zoologically challenged :lol: You know you've run out of things to say when you've got to point something out like that. I still want to see the photo. Anyone can take a photo of a quick moving subject in broad daylight and it come out reasonably well. How was the framing? Did most of the animal take up the frame (a more difficult photo to take of a fast moving subject) or was it "zoomed" out which would be hell of a lot easier to snap.

Anyways, in all honesty, I'm actually curious to see some of your work (not even in a sarcastic sense). You say you haven taken all these photos, but yet I see nothing. You come off as such a great photographer, almost elitist, but I have not seen you post a photo in this thread except for the Porsche. It is possible that I may have missed it.

Last edited:
How am I recanting my statement? I stated specifically that mirrorless cameras aren't made for sports shooters. You're twisting my words. I still wouldn't prefer to shoot sports with a mirrorless camera. Do you see any professional photographers shooting sporting events with mirrorless cameras? Do you see Fuji or Olympus marketing their cameras to sport shooters? Didn't think so. Doesn't mean you can't use a mirrorless camera for sports, however... It's just obvious that you should shoot with a DSLR if you want better autofocusing. Reread my statement and maybe you'll get a better idea of what I was saying. I still can't believe you have the audacity to say you've proved me wrong whereas you have proved nothing. I don't see it. Wheres the photo! :rolleyes

It also seems that you mentioned only one camera, the a6000 to defend all mirrorless cameras. Is that all you had to back up your claim?

Oh and yeah, you got me. I mistook a chipmunk for a squirrel. I'm so zoologically challenged :lol: You know you've run out of things to say when you've got to point something out like that. I still want to see the photo. Anyone can take a photo of a quick moving subject in broad daylight and it come out reasonably well. How was the framing? Did most of the animal take up the frame (a more difficult photo to take of a fast moving subject) or was it "zoomed" out which would be hell of a lot easier to snap.

Anyways, in all honesty, I'm actually curious to see some of your work (not even in a sarcastic sense). You say you haven taken all these photos, but yet I see nothing. You come off as such a great photographer, almost elitist, but I have not seen you post a photo in this thread except for the Porsche. It is possible that I may have missed it.

[COLOR=#red]You know I was actually going to type out a detailed response, but you're so dense and clueless that it's not worth it honestly. Your camera knowledge is pretty horrible based off the last few posts you've made. :lol: It would be like me explaining graduate level coursework to a 2nd grader...yeah pretty much pointless :rofl: . Carry on Sir.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs Damn. I was really hoping for a response and maybe some photos. I love the typical insult/cop out. As I expected, nothing. PM me. I honestly want to be enlightened by our knowledge. I know it is possible to take great and even amazing sports photos with mirrorless cameras. It's just much, much easier with a DSLR. You can shoot sports in medium format as well cant you? I don't see that either. I, as well as many professional photographers, would not prefer to shoot professional sports with a mirrorless camera if there was an option to shoot with mirrorless or DSLR. But seriously, share your knowledge with everyone. This is what this thread is for. Not for stupid bickering with no proof to back anything up.

Anyways, I digress. you are right, let's both carry on. Sorry to the rest of the NTers on here who had to read through all that.

Apology accepted.

Haha. Honestly this kind of stuff runs rampant in other forums that I see. So much technical discussions and shedding opinions. Honestly I don't even mind it at all just cause I think it comes with the game of photography. Everyone is going to critique or back up what they have.

Ya'll should like do a photo battle or something. I don't know, I 'd be entertained by that.

Also is as a reminder if anyone is interested, The Hundreds is still doing their weekly photo project. Just make sure to tag your IG pic with # #TheHundredsPanorama hashtag. I thought last weeks was pretty solid.

http://thehundreds.com/panorama-3-28-15/

Last edited:
It could be simple actually. Each photographer has to take say a landscape, a portrait, a shot in low light and an photo showing action or motion. That should be a decent range to show a photographers talents and to show the power of the camera. No extra accessories can be used. Only camera and lenses. Then people can judge on here. The winner gets e-daps and the loser has to throw his camera off a 2 story building. Haha.

Think I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and shoot the Chicago skyline at sunrise from Adler parking lot. First attempt, wish me luck.

Last edited:
It could be simple actually. Each photographer has to take say a landscape, a portrait, a shot in low light and an photo showing action or motion. That should be a decent range to show a photographers talents and to show the power of the camera. No extra accessories can be used. Only camera and lenses. Then people can judge on here. The winner gets e-daps and the loser has to throw his camera off a 2 story building give his camera to bscarrillo427. Haha.

Fixed. :smokin

But in all seriousness that sounds like a dope idea.

LOL Fong$tarr Fong$tarr That would be dope. The sad thing is that that I have a mirrorless camera and can't backup my claims that I made with the DSLR :lol:

But YO, I think having weekly assignment/contests would be a great idea. Let's get that going!

You know I was actually going to type out a detailed response, but you're so dense and clueless that it's not worth it honestly. Your camera knowledge is pretty horrible based off the last few posts you've made.
laugh.gif
It would be like me explaining graduate level coursework to a 2nd grader...yeah pretty much pointless
roll.gif
. Carry on Sir.
My dude I'm still waiting for the pictures you promise me a while back.

In regards to your comment above, this is a Photography thread. Post without pictures mean **** ...... I seen your body of work (HDR Only) and it has been over processed and tasteless for me. 

I'm not about to start a back and forth, but anyone can give a verbatim of a review they saw online ... 

finally anyone can be a great sports announcer but not everyone can be a great player.

This weekly assignment thing has been brought up countless time and everyone say they are in, until, time comes!

This weekly assignment thing has been brought up countless time and everyone say they are in, until, time comes!

I'm not even gonna front; I definitely would do a lot more spectating than participating. I rarely take my DSLR around with me. Maybe I need to cop a mirrorless...lol

Serious questions,

What's the advantage of a mirrorless camera over a lets say RX100???

Interchangeable lenses only or what?

i currently have 3 cameras. I started with a D5100 and then upgraded to a D810. I felt that I wanted a smaller camera for when I do things that I want to capture but didn't want to lug around the D5100 and lenses so I got the a6000. Many people get great results from an iphone but I'm not one of them nor do I have the patience to learn to be. I went mirrorless for the size. I went to the Florida vs LSU game in October and took the D5100 with some primes and was miserable carrying all of it around.

Back
Top Bottom