The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Well Gamestop has somewhat gotten back into my good retailer graces :lol:

This weekend alone I traded in a grip of games and hardware thanks to their 50% bonus credit promo and another 10% for being a power up pro member (The yearly paid membership with Gameinformer sub)

Friday traded in:

-ICO & Shadow Of The Colossus HD Collection
-God Of War I & II HD Collection
-God Of War Origins Collection
-God Of War III
-Hitman Absolution
-Gran Turismo 5
-Ratchet & Clank HD Collection
-Jak & Daxter HD Collection

Got $68.80 for all those.Not bad considering most of those games I've had for 2 or 3 years.

Saturday traded in:

-Uncharted 1
-Uncharted 2
-Uncharted 3
-Uncharted Golden Abyss for PS Vita
-Rayman Origins for PS Vita

Got $32.80 for all those.Uncharted 1 was the OG non GOTY edition and was released 6 years ago.

Sunday:

Was a real hustle & come up for me.Was just browsing my local craigslist and found an AD by a military mom who was selling a PS3 Slim 160GB for $50.She said it needed a new hard drive and that it ran real slow.Talked her down and she let it go for $40.The PS3 was in average condition when I met up with her today.The console was missing the black front hard drive cover and the back cover and blue screw.No big problem.Got back to my house hooked up the PS3 and it powered up and loaded games fine.Now I myself still have a PS3 Slim 160GB with a upgraded 500GB internal hard drive that runs fine and I have been using the OG 160GB internal hard drive that came with it as a back up drive in a USB hard drive enclosure case.So I just used my front hard drive cover slot and blue screw on the PS3 I copped cheap off craigslist to make it trade able to Gamestop.My current PS3 Slim which I use daily works fine without the missing parts and I've already gone onto ebay and ordered replacement parts for dirt cheap.

Went down to my local Gamestop and traded in that PS3 Slim 160GB, a old Sixaxis controller (no rumble), a silver DS3 controller, usb 2.0 cable for the controller and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for PS3 and got another $148.20 .

Grand total this week in trade in money I got from Gamestop that went all to my PS4 pre order: $249.80 + the original $100 required deposit for the PS4 I put down last month 15 minutes after the E3 Sony press conference.I only have $81.18 left to pay off my PS4 pre order.Which I plan on finishing up Bioshock Infinite, The Last Of Us, and Skyrim by the end of this month and plan to trade those games in when Gamestop does the 50% bonus trade in credit promo again between 8-19 to 9-15.

:pimp:

Nice thing about Gamestop is that they give the most $$$ for game trade ins and take trade ins for consoles and accessories.Best Buy lately has been pretty damn weak and they don't accept consoles & accessories for trade in and they won't let you slowly pay off the balance for your PS4 pre order :smh:

Last edited:
they won't let you slowly pay off the balance for your PS4 pre order
mean.gif
I don't see how that's a bad thing. 

Best Buy hates flakers.

^ $10

Ultimate Edition also on sale. $15 ($12 PS+)
I don't understand how ps+ works.

If a non ps+ member buys mp3 for $10, he gets to keep the game regardless of whether he's subbed to ps+ or not?

But the person with ps+ who buys mp3 for $8 has to be subbed to ps+ to be able to play mp3?

If so, I don't see how that(ps+ game purchase) is considered a good deal.

No. Any discount that PS+ gives you is yours forever.

It's the free games that no longer work when your subscription ends.

Last year I was able to watch NFL ticket on my PS3

Anyone know if that will be the case this year?

i might cop that max payne as well i came real close to beating the game but never finished... wouldnt mind playing it again..

Thanka for the info empire.

@jaysonmytoes
MAX PAYNE 3 IS HARD AS ....

It's hard I beat it in hard.

You just have to take your time. When in real trouble use bullet time as much as possible... Always take cover but be aware that enemies will come to you from all directions so don't stay in corner to long.

But the game is fun as hell. :lol: a lot gunplay. :pimp:

Thanka for the info empire.

@jaysonmytoes
MAX PAYNE 3 IS HARD AS ....
It's hard I beat it in hard.

You just have to take your time. When in real trouble use bullet time as much as possible... Always take cover but be aware that enemies will come to you from all directions so don't stay in corner to long.

But the game is fun as hell.
laugh.gif
a lot gunplay.
pimp.gif
I barely used aerial bullet time. Because I sucked at avoiding bullets while prone.

it was hard as hell i remember i got stuck on this level at the airport with this guy on top of these stairs with a grenade launcher and i just couldn't beat him i ended up getting rid of the game but i would play it again! it was a good game...

I didn't really care for the New York segments in MP3. Brazil just looked so freaking good and the locations were more interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom