The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Max Payne 3 seriously had some frustrating levels where it took me 10 more attempts before I could pass them and that was while I was playing the game on Normal difficulty :rolleyes

It a very linear shooter game as far as the story goes.

This game is a hard game to get the platinum trophy for the trophy hunters.

The game though is pretty damn impressive graphically this gen for a shooter though.

I might cop tomorrow since it's so cheap on PS+.But I remember seeing on slickdeals.net a couple weeks ago that the disc version of the game was going for $9.99 on newegg.com

Last edited:
Alright NT Playstation crew here is my hookup from going to the San Diego Comic Con this year.

8 free 30 day PS+ memberships:

4DAA-DAN7-L359
J64F-6FN3-AGA7
A5A7-AHNT-GHMD
J6KH-29NK-9C5L
H6GQ-AJN6-62P3
LL2Q-7KNH-J8PN
PM2J-N8NP-63TJ
A9FF-PJNP-HGLL
GP9M-7QN4-FMA6
6K6T-83NN-L9LM
RJGM-KDNR-ALHF

These will only work if you don't have PS+ already.Current PS+ subscribers you cannot stack them onto your existing membership.I know because I tried doing it already.

These codes EXPIRE on 7-31 also.

Last edited:
^ good stuff :smokin. for others just create another account. I just used one gp9m-7qn4-fma6 and it worked weird. I had a paid sub before

Last edited:
Any other NT members have issues with playing any free or bought full digital games off PSN?

Right now Deus Ex Human Revolution which I downloaded for free off PS+ about 2 months ago crashes my PS3 to the point where I have to do a horrible manual shut down of my PS3 to the point where I have to pull the power cable because my PS3 won't shut down even after holding down the power button for over 30 seconds :smh:

It happens right after I hit the start button on the main menu of the game.

I just deleted the game off my PS3 hard drive and I'm re downloading it now and will re install.

None of the other full digital games I have on my PS3 have I had this problem.

Last edited:
Any other NT members have issues with playing any free or bought full digital games off PSN?

Right now Deus Ex Human Revolution which I downloaded for free off PS+ about 2 months ago crashes my PS3 to the point where I have to do a horrible manual shut down of my PS3 to the point where I have to pull the power cable because my PS3 won't shut down even after holding down the power button for over 30 seconds :smh:

It happens right after I hit the start button on the main menu of the game.

I just deleted the game off my PS3 hard drive and I'm re downloading it now and will re install.

None of the other full digital games I have on my PS3 have I had this problem.

see if this helps

Also just a heads up.

If you haven't already downloaded Battlefield 3 off PS+ do it quick because they are taking it off the instant game collection by 8-6-13.

Even if you don't think you will play it anytime soon and are worried about your PS3 hard drive space.Just start the download and cancel it.Once it's in your download history you should be able to re download it again later even if it's no longer being offered for free on PS+.

That goes for any game offered for free on PS+ .

Alright NT Playstation crew here is my hookup from going to the San Diego Comic Con this year.

8 free 30 day PS+ memberships:

4DAA-DAN7-L359
J64F-6FN3-AGA7
A5A7-AHNT-GHMD
J6KH-29NK-9C5L
H6GQ-AJN6-62P3
LL2Q-7KNH-J8PN
PM2J-N8NP-63TJ
A9FF-PJNP-HGLL
GP9M-7QN4-FMA6
6K6T-83NN-L9LM
RJGM-KDNR-ALHF

These will only work if you don't have PS+ already.Current PS+ subscribers you cannot stack them onto your existing membership.I know because I tried doing it already.

These codes EXPIRE on 7-31 also.
Thanks man :pimp:, was able to use A5A7-AHNT-GHMD

So was anybody able to download mad Payne 3? It's still showing $40 in the store ... Plus when I try to add it to the cart I get a error... Anybody seeing this aswell?

Might be a dumb question, but I just got that white PS3 as a gift so I'm going to sell the black slim one I currently have to a friend.

Heres the problem, I've bought 4-5 games directly off of the PS Store (which obviously save directly to the system). Would I be able to put the games from my current PS3 (if I deleted them) onto the new one?

Might be a dumb question, but I just got that white PS3 as a gift so I'm going to sell the black slim one I currently have to a friend.

Heres the problem, I've bought 4-5 games directly off of the PS Store (which obviously save directly to the system). Would I be able to put the games from my current PS3 (if I deleted them) onto the new one?

Yes.

You sign into your new system with your old account information. You can then access your purchases through account management and redownload anything you'd like.

Just be aware it can only be done a limited number of times.

when you sign into your PSN account with the new system go under downloads in the PS store and they should be there.

The old one deactivate and format after you set up the new system.

can someone explain to me whats the difference in both of these max payne downloads?

evermind bought the ultimate edition it came with every map and online pass definitely worth the extra couple of dollars...

Last edited:
Killzone Mercenary walkthrough (Direct Feed)

kzm_1_by_gifsandmore-d6e9rrh.gif

iU7hnnFhcyIoT.gif

Previews

thesixthaxis.com
But perhaps more importantly, the chain of sub-par (Resistance, Call of Duty) first person shooters appears to have been broken. The preview build doesn’t go anywhere near showing what the full thing will be like, but already it’s streets ahead of anything else.

The Vita might be finding itself home to a plethora of indie games at the moment, but Mercenary shows that the machine is more than capable of big-budget AAA titles in the right hands, with the right license. Hopes are high that the rest of the game impresses just as much.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/07/24/video-preview-killzone-mercenary/

Pushsquare
Set shortly after the conclusion of the first game in Sony’s futuristic franchise, the spin-off casts you in the steel toe cap boots of Arran Danner, a former UCA operative turned ruthless gun-for-hire. With the protagonist’s allegiance available to the highest bidder, the title promises to pair you with both the ISA and the Helghast.

the gunfights feel frantic and furious, and are aided enormously by the chunkiness of your artillery. The weapons chug in an unruly manner that’s befitting of the franchise’s console heritage, animating your orange-eyed adversaries into deadly breakdances as you pick them off. Everything that you do in the game is rewarded with a financial incentive, which can then be invested at remote stores to expand your arsenal options, and also augment new abilities and loadouts.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013..._the_vita_shooter_that_youve_been_waiting_for

PSNation

As expected, the audio is exceptional. A huge smile covered my face when I heard that first chirp that associates a kill, and even though I should have expected it, the layers of audio took me by surprise. Everything sounds as it should and it dos not disappoint in the least. I was using headphones manly, and I’d recommend that if possible. You get so much more out of the audio design that way...

... I will say though, with the effects of the smaller screen, I definitely played through the level much slower than I would on my 55-inch plasma. I don’t think that there’s much that any developer could do to alleviate the differences, but one thing that definitely helped was by using the motion aiming. Once you get used to it, the gameplay takes on a whole new “natural” feel, and it does help immensely. I never had a problem with running around or finding my enemies though, and that’s something that I was really worried about.

http://www.psnation.org/2013/07/24/preview-killzone-mercenary-ps-vita/

Thanks for the help guys, so should I just do a system restore before selling the PS3 to him?

Resistance sub-par?? I liked the series. :wow:

They are talking about the Vita game... it was pretty bad. Easy, easy Platinum though.

Some crazy numbers from Borderland 2 and NBA2K

Take-Two on Tablets, Borderlands DLC, and BioShock Successes
Tablets "still aren't powerful enough," but that will change.
by Mitch Dyer JULY 30, 2013

Take-Two Interactive revealed its earnings for the first quarter of its 2014 fiscal year today, a time frame that exceeded sales expectations despite the absence of new major releases.

Borderlands 2 has shipped 7 million copies, and is both “the best-selling multiplatform release of the year,” and “on track to become 2K’s highest-selling title ever.” Meanwhile NBA 2K13 trails at an impressive 6 million shipped copies. In addition, the continued success of BioShock Infinite has brought it up to more than 4 million shipped copies.

Borderlands 2's numerous expansion packs and Grand Theft Auto IV also contributed to Take-Two's quarterly net revenue of $143 million. GTA IV has shipped a monstrous 24 million copies since its release.

Also contributing to 2K’s success was the Brave New World expansion pack for Civilization V, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown’s release on iOS, which “illustrates consumers are willing to pay a premium price for premium experiences on any platform.” Expect to see more ports of Take-Two titles to other platforms in the future.

Presently, CEO Strauss Zelnick said, "tablets still aren’t powerful enough to run our console titles in their full experiences...but we think that's a moment in time." In two years or so, Zelnick anticipates, tablets will be "a terrific entertainment platform...we'll be there." He also argued that tablet games shouldn't have price limitations, but that Take-Two would adapt according to what its audience wants.

Looking ahead, Take-Two anticipates its most successful year ever, with net revenue expectations clocking in at an enormous $750-$800 million for the quarter following the release of GTAV. By the end of its fiscal year in March 2014, Take-Two expects to pull in nearly $2 billion.

Last edited:
Update to my long post on the last page about copping a PS3 Slim 160GB cheap off craigslist off a military Mom and then flipping it back into Gamestop.

So I originally bought the PS3 Slim 160GB off craigslist for $40.Fixed it up a little bit and then sold it to my local Gamestop for $105 this past Sunday.

Well today I was shopping at the same store and found out that Gamestop's new promo was 50% bonus for trading in a console so it turned out the PS3 Slim 160GB I sold to them last Sunday was now worth $130 as of today.I talked to the store manager and explained to him what had happened and he easily just credited me back another $25 towards my PS4 pre order to make up for the price difference on the PS3 160GB Slim I sold to them.

Also iyen was making claims that Amazon gave better trade in values.

Not true !

Here is the trade in values as of 1 hour ago on amazon.com for a PS3 Slim 160GB & PS3 Slim 120GB. This is if your PS3 Slim is in "Like New Condition". Remember that amazon even after you send in your trade ins can test, look at, and down grade your stuff and give you lesser money or send you your stuff back.Then after they approve your trade in and agree to pay you your still going to wait close to 2 weeks or longer for the money to show up in your amazon account.

Gamestop>>>Amazon.com

Easily IMHO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom