The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sounds like you can use off the shelves SSD with a M.2 connector so it won't be propitiatory but will need to be sufficiently fast enough as the internal storage so you just can't get any.

Good to hear.

81nI3MQ.png

It'a weaker than the Series X :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Finna be in my bag

200.gif

Reading the chat in the vid and everyone's complaining.
Did no one read the video description?
"PS5 lead system architect Mark Cerny provides a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture and how it will shape the future of games. "

Reading the chat in the vid and everyone's complaining.
Did no one read the video description?
"PS5 lead system architect Mark Cerny provides a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture and how it will shape the future of games. "
Mark cerny isn’t a hype man you bring out to introduce games etc. people should’ve known

In a nutshell, it'll load 5-10 second faster than the X (Proper way to say it instead of the forced and lame XseX crap) but it'll be under powered at almost all terms everywhere else. Welp. Good to know. With more games going multi-platform. Sony's gonna have to keep going the Nintendo route (stellar first party) to keep its sizable advantage. The X has all the hype right now.

I'm watching this reveal right now... I think my tech friend will explain everything he's talking about to me in a better way.... I'm not too up on all this technical mumbo jumbo

No hatred but just for speculation

But is this communication how you play defense when you know that you about to be out spec’d by the competition?

or am I just lost :lol:

So not full BC, only top 100 PS4 games and no emphasis on ray tracing...

Nah they said they tried the top 100 games sorted by play time and the vast majority works with no tinkering.

yeah this will def be a much cheaper console

No hatred but just for speculation

But is this communication how you play defense when you know that you about to be out spec’d by the competition?

or am I just lost :lol:

This was the presentation destined for GDC before it cancelled so it was always going to be a technical talk.

In the end I'll buy both the Xbox and PS5, but pending some incredible must-have PS5 exclusive I might be buying that Xbox first.

This was the presentation destined for GDC before it cancelled so it was always going to be a technical talk.
All of this was mentioned on the "Road to PS5" stream. Sony tested 100 of the most-played PS4 games and most of them should be ready for launch though Backwards Compatability for PS4 is not 100% and will need to be handled on a game-by-game basis as the PS5 is too fast for certain titles

I’m getting full BC with the Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom