The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Also Gamepass won't stay DIRT CHEAP like it's been.

Phil gonna come for their $$$ and raise the monthly subscription soon

I didn’t care as much until they started enhancing 360 games on the One X. They murked it in that category I don’t care what anyone says.

And also with game pass. I see both systems being wildly successful but if we continue to buy more games than we can play who really cares anyway :lol:

Why not just keep your PS4 then? Just curious as I've kept all my consoles dating back to my N64.

In any case there will be overlap between PS4/PS5 for at least 2-3 years. It's happened like clockwork in the past, PS3s were being sold well into 2016 despite the PS4 launching in 2013.
Yeah but do you have all your consoles connected to one tv? Cuz its not possible once you get to 3 consoles. I have a SNES, N64, GameCube, PlayStation, etc.

Its not feasible.

Last edited:
I’m personally not playing a ps2 game unless it’s enhanced seriously. I really can’t think of a game I’d even be hyped to play. Maybe Matt Hoffman pro BMX 2.
But if the XSX has some good exclusives I’d definitely cop. That’s all i care about is the games.

1584552845597.png

Cost of a current 5 GB/s SSD.
You don't even want to know what the 2TB costs. :lol:

I keep seeing this and its absolutely incorrect. Sony held an event on the 20th of Feb. 2013. Almost 10 months to the day the console launched. Dating back to almost November of 2012 Sony gave steady information on what the system would be. They wanted to get the jump on Microsoft, period. Seems we're back to arrogant Sony days. So we'll see how the works for them this time around.

Sony arrogant for releasing a technical video :lol:
I've heard it all

Full backwards compatibility is huge though, and since theirs covers basically all of the consoles it makes much easier for someone to drop money for a new console.

Honestly, BC with all previous xboxes was to be expected and im not sure its much of a selling point at this stage.

HDR on all BC games on the other hand. Now that is something to be excited about.

Don't get the backwards compatibility thing. It didn't help last time. Xbox still got **** on.

It's an interesting one. PS3 had PS2 BC, then it got taken off for cost reasons and it hardly did anything to the console.

MS have an entire team dedicated to BC so it must be really important to some I guess.

I think now with consoles being more PC like, BC is definitely needed again because these games should see a boost in performance with new performance modes like with the PS4 pro .
Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC so the PS5 would most likely be able to run it in 60 fps, better resolution etc.

PS3 and older games, I would rather remasters.
You get trophy support and better graphics/performance.

Does this mean they gonna beef up PSNow for all the older system bc needs?

PSNow was never something for BC.

It's Sony's version of Stadia, Xcloud and GeForce Now

Yea I’d want the remaster for the trophies. Definitely. I agree with that. Does the BC on the Xbox One have achievements? If so that’s dope.

BC sounds like it’s case by case basis, similar to what Xbox has done with BC. Sony is just behind now whereas Xbox has got majority of their catalogue (or games that people care about) into the BC program. This includes 360 and OG Xbox games.

I’m glad Xbox is more powerful, gives Sony a reason to step their game up in the other areas. Competition is great to have. I just need a release date and pre-order link.

it's not going to be a "case by case" basis like og xbox and 360 where there's a lot of work involved because those processors dont exist in new consoles

the ps4 processors are "built in" to the ps5 processor, i use quotes because its not actually a 1:1 copy

the message that they're getting at is that 100% perfect backwards compatibility is not something they can guarantee, especially at launch

it's not going to be a "case by case" basis like og xbox and 360 where there's a lot of work involved because those processors dont exist in new consoles

the ps4 processors are "built in" to the ps5 processor, i use quotes because its not actually a 1:1 copy

the message that they're getting at is that 100% perfect backwards compatibility is not something they can guarantee, especially at launch
Ok gotcha, I misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom