**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I'm really starting to hate these sneaker-style product launches RL has adopted this year.

I won't buy any ralph palace or supreme stuff.. But I don't care if they try stuff out. I don't have to buy it, and I don't care if polo gets more or less popular...

For many of us, anyone outside of new york certainly, polo hasnt ever been hip/popular.. Alot of the stuff folks love now was stuff I grabbed at Marshall field's in the 90s off the clearance rack.

99% of this stuff is future ebay/ good will. The original ski92 sat at the Burlington coat factory that was on park place a block over from tent & trails (now closed :frown: ) by the World Trade Center on the racks for $80 till it went down to $30. Coat sat for so long it was dust on them.Two full racks of dusty ugly *** coats that for some reason is the cats meow now. If it wasn’t for the “hype beast” supreme/street wear crowd none of these fake retros would even be made. Nothing wrong w/ getting new blood in a company to give it a boost but when that new blood has no clue about legacy that’s when imo it’s a problem. All this to me is cheapening what made rl appealing in the first place. I never in my life needed a app,wristband,ticket,stand in line or any other stupid gimmick to get clothes.

Marshall field's clearance section was the best. Before internet was well optimized for online shopping and inventory management... I've still got tons of polo that was originally $100-500 and never paid more than $50... (Was poor family in rich Area, so it was spending time mining the clearance racks if I didn't want to look like a shlupp.)
Damn, the dude with slasher mask nailed it in two posts! 'Specially for us "out of towners", (I'm from Kentucky). You guys would have a caridiac due to "culture shock" if you walked though my hometown back in '86. But in MY bedroom? Mad Reebok, Nike, Adidas Graphic Sweats, Merry-Go-Round, (say word if you 'member), acid wash, Dougie Fresh Vinyl, Run-DMC vinyl, BDP on cassett. You reached out and did what you had to do to be a semblance of what you just saw in the "Rakin' in the Dough" video in the '92. After you figured out what the hell it was you just saw. And you had to study, cause the game wasn't just handed to you back then. Meanwhile, cats like Krash was there on the block, while I was 13 hours away.

Forgive my digression. jamesjyers posts took me back...

Last edited:
My boy always tries them on anyway and let's the buzzer or whatever it is make noise until someone comes to turn it off lol. You made me think about him with your post.
Funny you
My boy always tries them on anyway and let's the buzzer or whatever it is make noise until someone comes to turn it off lol. You made me think about him with your post.
say that, 'cause I'd already set the alarm off by merely turning the sleeve to feel the quality on one of those varisty's youse cats trip about, (was high quality though). It was mad annoying and they was pissed. I wasn't going through that again with the vest.

I can see a lot of ppl are not going to be found on Xmas let's hear the Ralph excuses
Lemme guess I got car trouble, I'm under the weather blah blah lmfaooo

Last one on Harrods. Riviera cp-93 cap, $57

34A50DB4-4288-460E-8385-06DF417D7E55.png

i like a lot of the retro stuff but not paying retail for any of it... im cool with my outlet pickups or if they go on sale online ill cop

It's amazing how some purple label items never show up online at all, or just one store.

Example: the purple label aw18 bear... (Pre-fall grey/cream outfit). They had a tshirt version I could only find on 1 UK site, and a hat.. That only Mr porter, Selfridge and Harrods had.

This jacket I saw at chicaho mansion, never saw it on any sites online. Pretty awesome and good price on eBay now.
0966DF6C-49AA-4C86-A2F0-D0C16AEED014.png
D2257215-56FC-413D-9B75-7B02F6B57B2E.png

Also, slammmm dunk price on this leather jacket. Never saw in person, thought it sold out.. Now on clearance price new on eBay.

F38853DC-6B14-4964-8128-6AECD8D1793A.png

THATS BS IT WAS NOT GIVING ME ACCESS ON THE APP..IT WAS STILL SAYING NOTIFY...THEN JUST NOW A REFRESH TAB POPPED UP AND NOW I CAN FINALLY SEE EVERYTHING SMH

Not bs, your not using the app correctly!
The app has its glitches, u just gotta know how to maneuver with it.

I Don’t have access to the App, can somebody add the product to there cart and access the page through the browser and post the links??? Thanks

Looks like a full Rugby themed collection?

F4DFDA35-8053-44C9-9036-74091F74E852.png

And for anyone want a new beanie but don't want the hi tech or fisherman logos.. Nordstrom had two colors with the RL GUIDE sportsman patch.

B0BF81E8-1CFC-4593-BF02-7AFDE816A0A3.png

I just want the bear sweater and the cardigan... the hoodie is cool too

I just want the bear sweater and the cardigan... the hoodie is cool too

Yah that bear sweater is pretty great.

I got so many bear things I need to start getting a little pickier... Think I'll wait for either rugby bear or Beacon sportsman bear... Unless they come out with a black sweater with that race car bear on it for Christmas. Hoping for a late reveal of that, considering they got socks and a button down with him already out.

Back
Top Bottom