**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Its Hilfiger from the Tommy jeans sailing retro collection
that came about months ago. It was sold out here
but an Italian website had a few items left. Hat is not from collection.

IMG_20200512_174643.jpg

I don't have to lie. For what? The style number is in the pic. Call them. Don't ever do that again.
tommy proof 3.jpg

Tommy proof.jpg

tommy proof 2.jpg

mannnnn, it can’t be retro if it never existed. Hipsters at hilfiger just threw that up against the wall and put a tag on it then sold it to poor souls like yourself. I would call it an original Frankenstein peice

Polo is not the best anymore. You have to pick carefully with Polo now.
You can't just grab it and trust that just because it is Polo its the best in the mall.
Those days are gone.

Ralph is retired and Tommy still understands the 90s and the quality
we want. Ralph's new team are millenials that wear Stone Island and Supreme
and they don't give a flying fukk what yall want. Stick a sticker on it in a symbol they know (1992 or cp 93)
and the old heads will buy it. Embroider what? ***** They don't deserve that.

A person that wants you to have this jacket for a lifetime made this. No stickers.
1589325102974.png

Last edited:
mannnnn, it can’t be retro if it never existed. Hipsters at hilfiger just threw that up against the wall and put a tag on it then sold it to poor souls like yourself. I would call it an original Frankenstein peice

I am not here to argue. It is a quality sailing sweatshirt and it looks cool.
You are defending a brand that is selling you 400.00 coats with stickers on the font
for the branding. I know it hurts that Polo isn't the best in the mall anymore. It hurt me.
But don't trash a quality piece to defend cheap production of the new Polo era.

Look at this. 400.00 and if I leave this coat around my young nephews, they will peel the letters
off because they like stickers at that age. smh. You defending a paper champion.
Why does the Hilfiger jacket have sewn in font and patches while the more expensively priced Polo jacket has heat pressed lettering?
Because most polo collectors are sheep.

Polo can do better and I will support those that do better until they do.

1589326218166.png

This is a decent coat below, but why are the POLO EXPEDITION lettering stickers? SMH
1589326916339.png

Polo cuts corners and it wasn't like that before. They want you guys to buy RLX ; so you better enjoy your stickers , if you can't afford Purple Label or RLX.

Last edited:
Why not jus make a Hilfiger thread? RicoSwa RicoSwa

You got to shame these Polo employees that lurk here. Im doing it for all of us. Tough love.
They will take heed and make what we deserve. Stop using heat press on the font for the sportswear.
Is that too much to ask? Stickers are not durable or rugged. I will keep talking till they sew the damn font on sportswear
or screen print the font.

Last edited:
For real doubled up on the rafting polo because I was able to get it dirt cheap minor differences from the men’s

This cp retro and sweater was something the men’s section didn’t get.

I haven’t bought jeans I hear the xl is like a 32 waist but I wonder if they’d be long enough. I do have some xl basketball shorts and sweats tho
Cp retro polo "life saver" whatever you want to call it was available in men's. You just had to know where to look.

Because he would be the only person in there....
Hilfiger only has 2 really good lines. The sailing and the F1.
Yall don't know much about any brands other than Polo do yall? lol
You can't do a thread off 2 lines.

When Polo does something good, I support it. Like I said
you have t choose wisely. Polo aint just good because its polo anymore.
IMG_20200512_203520.jpg

I am a fan of good work. Not just a brand.

Last edited:
Its Hilfiger from the Tommy jeans sailing retro collection
that came about months ago. It was sold out here
but an Italian website had a few items left. Hat is not from collection.

IMG_20200512_174643.jpg

I don't have to lie. For what? The style number is in the pic. Call them. Don't ever do that again.
tommy proof 3.jpg

Tommy proof.jpg

tommy proof 2.jpg
Polo is not the best anymore. You have to pick carefully with Polo now.
You can't just grab it and trust that just because it is Polo its the best in the mall.
Those days are gone.

Ralph is retired and Tommy still understands the 90s and the quality
we want. Ralph's new team are millenials that wear Stone Island and Supreme
and they don't give a flying fukk what yall want. Stick a sticker on it in a symbol they know (1992 or cp 93)
and the old heads will buy it. Embroider what? ***** They don't deserve that.

A person that wants you to have this jacket for a lifetime made this. No stickers.
1589325102974.png

Just curious, no axe to grind or agenda: understand the point where you’re coming from. Gen X 80s kid here. Had this same conversation with couple Thread OGs couple years ago. Polo Ralph Lauren to Tommy Hilfiger to Nautica in the 90s was the best.

Actually chuckled when you mentioned Hilfiger nautical flags and F1 (still have the original Lotus branded polos). Breath and depth of my closet is also overwhelming too. But we matured all this time to better designer labels choices.

Look at the Hilfiger Jeans pics, those are kids wearing the Brand. You wouldn’t choose A|X Armani Exchange over Emporio Armani/Giorgio Armani or Versus/Versace Jeans over Gianni Versace. Hilfiger Jeans isn’t going to inspire anybody. Even Hilfiger Jeans were only cool on denim back then. Nautical flags aren’t even on regular label line.

Just saying.

You got to shame these Polo employees that lurk here. Im doing it for all of us. Tough love.
They will take heed and make what we deserve. Stop using heat press on the font for the sportswear.
Is that too much to ask? Stickers are not durable or rugged. I will keep talking till they sew the damn font on sportswear
or screen print the font.
Your efforts would be better served by uploading your concerns to RalphLauren.com, or a hand written letter to corporate with a signed petition from other customers with the same thoughts about the direction of the brand.

Nothing that's posted in this thread will land anywhere near the RL offices.

And I doubt seriously that RL ever used sticker in their products.

Do a little research about the current manufacturing process versus the era that you feel RL made the best product, and tell them specifically what you would like to see. Get some traction behind your petition now so that you have hundreds of signatures at minimum when you are ready to submit it to RL. Start thinking about how you will package your submission, not only get the gatekeepers' attention, but to then be handed off to the decision makers. Be prepared to send more than one copy if you want to be heard.

hilfiger was always cheaper compared to lo there’s no comparison. This isn’t really a big deal that it’s not the same as it was it’s all we got I’m thankful there’s choices and availability at every price point in the rl universe and right now who cares where we going all dressed up with no place to go polo will always be the grand daddy legacy mall ish all the rest were just wave riders stay safe stay smart my guys

Hilfiger only has 2 really good lines. The sailing and the F1.
Yall don't know much about any brands other than Polo do yall? lol
You can't do a thread off 2 lines.

When Polo does something good, I support it. Like I said
you have t choose wisely. Polo aint just good because its polo anymore.
IMG_20200512_203520.jpg

I am a fan of good work. Not just a brand.
Hilfiger racing line was also dope.

i have the Sportsman Jacket the letter are like printed in I wouldn’t label them as stickers.
If thats the case on the lettering, then that is a good piece. I would get it but Im not
a sportsman kind of guy. I stick to the stadium, cp 92, 93, SNOW BEACH, SKI, and cycle pieces. I am afraid of what they will do to the cycle jacket in a retro. But I hope.

Last edited:
I am not here to argue. It is a quality sailing sweatshirt and it looks cool.
You are defending a brand that is selling you 400.00 coats with stickers on the font
for the branding. I know it hurts that Polo isn't the best in the mall anymore. It hurt me.
But don't trash a quality piece to defend cheap production of the new Polo era.

Look at this. 400.00 and if I leave this coat around my young nephews, they will peel the letters
off because they like stickers at that age. smh. You defending a paper champion.
Why does the Hilfiger jacket have sewn in font and patches while the more expensively priced Polo jacket has heat pressed lettering?
Because most polo collectors are sheep.

Polo can do better and I will support those that do better until they do.

1589326218166.png

This is a decent coat below, but why are the POLO EXPEDITION lettering stickers? SMH
1589326916339.png

Polo cuts corners and it wasn't like that before. They want you guys to buy RLX ; so you better enjoy your stickers , if you can't afford Purple Label or RLX.

Listen ricoswaTrump Jr, Stop foaming at the mouth, where did I type anything about ralph lauren. You must really enjoy hearing yourself type. I specifically made my comments towards your hilfiger post and the error about that being retro which it isn’t. 🙄

Polo is ok. It don't attract women that I like anymore.
It is just a petty cash hobby. Its no big deal. It aint like I need Polo.
The type of women in my culture...
1589377292423.png

They like this not Polo. Its not that serious. You are right.
1589377447819.png

brands.jpg

Polo was just for old time sake. The red bones I mess with aint in Polo head to toe no more.
They into those Italian and French brands rude boy. I just wanted to help. Its not that serious.

Last edited:
Polo is ok. It don't attract women that I like anymore.
It is just a petty cash hobby. Its no big deal. It aint like I need Polo.
The type of women in my culture...
1589377292423.png

They like this not Polo. Its not that serious. You are right.
1589377447819.png

brands.jpg

Polo was just for old time sake. The red bones I mess with aint in Polo head to toe no more.
They into those Italian and French brands rude boy. I just wanted to help. Its not that serious.

Women vs Men:

4ce78e50e284c800cb3b61a3cf8393e1.jpg

It aint that deep Fam. Wear what YOU want to wear.

This thread is gettin crazy bruh :rofl:

It ain’t even about the brand, it’s about you and how you rock your stuff.

Once you’re outta high school, you shouldn’t even have that mentality that you have to buy a certain brand to get women

I guarantee there’s an off brand guy out there that can pull that same chick in the pic lol we’ve ALL seen it happen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom