**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

sometimes we need to call it like it is even if it is ralph. That surfer stuff look like old navy.

I’ve always associated old navy (and other brands like that, such as gap) with very basic designs... simple stuff. Plain, or with minimal design work... they don’t take too many chances, as their primary demo isn’t shopping at old navy for stuff that will be polarizing.

The oddness of this surf trip design wouldn’t fit with old navy, gap, etc I don’t think.

it’s definitely ripping off some early 90’s elements, and I’m sure that’s the intention... the neon, fonts, even language used... is all very cheesy early 90’s. I dig it.

I think a lot of folks forget that Ralph would intentionally make gaudy, garish, ridiculous and absurd designs back in the day. It’s been part of the RL dna since the days of making only ties.

I’ve always associated old navy (and other brands like that, such as gap) with very basic designs... simple stuff. Plain, or with minimal design work... they don’t take too many chances, as their primary demo isn’t shopping at old navy for stuff that will be polarizing.

The oddness of this surf trip design wouldn’t fit with old navy, gap, etc I don’t think.

it’s definitely ripping off some early 90’s elements, and I’m sure that’s the intention... the neon, fonts, even language used... is all very cheesy early 90’s. I dig it.

I think a lot of folks forget that Ralph would intentionally make gaudy, garish, ridiculous and absurd designs back in the day. It’s been part of the RL dna since the days of making only ties.
If not old navy definitley abercrombie. I don’t get why he just can’t do simple stuff like bring back stadium plates Hoodie. What is the point of releasing the stuff that everyone wants in small quantities just to keep us on the hook? He’s not making any money off resale. At least do a pre-order so we can all get what we want and then when the pre-orders done it’s over with. There will still be hype but at least everyone will get what they want.

The best thing about polo in the last few years has been this thread, not the clothes.

New items up on polo app... Ralph surf trip neon’s going to be app only limited editions. I dig...

a new shoe for polo racing outfits

6ED5DAFC-27E6-48AC-8FED-B180857CEF2F.png
E95C6DF2-455A-44B0-BE59-081586698E56.png
C5EEFB84-5EF6-406F-BDD3-D0EF36204144.jpeg
Passing on all that.. but I’m down for a black Polo with a neon horse if they add it to accompany these releases to go with my 95s lol

and the whole “app exclusive” thing is a joke. Within 3-5 days it’ll be on the site. I think the only app exclusives that sell out are those overpriced vintage pieces in limited stock or the Yankees stuff

they’re literally doing nothing to entice ppl to get the app. Most companies give you a promo code for first purchase within their apps... not Ralph tho. Over the past year, the promo codes have been scarce as is

Does anyone in this thread like the preppy RL-Polo stuff? It seems like the majority like the early 90s-Lo-Head stuff.

I just want to start discussion.

Pretty much all I wear. Button ups, jackets, dad hats, jeans and chinos. I would never knock what the next man has on but I could never rock some of the stuff I see Lo-Heads wear.

ya got to mix the sport with the preppy...its not one or the other ... its both !!
Funny you mention that. Just flicked these today while undertaking leisurely premium motoring under clear Kentucky blue skies.

Today was juuuuuusst the right weather to take the rain coat on it's first spin. BTW, that Polo Sport logo on the cuff of that sweatshirt is the ONLY logo on the entire sweatshirt. just plain totally blank navy blue. I hunt items like that they way others hunt P-Wings. And they are more rare than P-Wings.

'Lo Coat is '91/'92 . Sweatshirt is '96ish. Benz is '94. Huarache's probably'17ish retros. Me? Definitely vintage. LOL.
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
Hi tech tan rain coat3.jpeg

PLWI7027[1].JPG

Funny you mention that. Just flicked these today while undertaking leisurely premium motoring under clear Kentucky blue skies.

Today was juuuuuusst the right weather to take the rain coat on it's first spin. BTW, that Polo Sport logo on the cuff of that sweatshirt is the ONLY logo on the entire sweatshirt. just plain totally blank navy blue. I hunt items like that they way others hunt P-Wings. And they are more rare than P-Wings.

'Lo Coat is '91/'92 . Sweatshirt is '96ish. Benz is '94. Huarache's probably'17ish retros. Me? Definitely vintage. LOL.
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
Hi tech tan rain coat3.jpeg

PLWI7027[1].JPG
Those Benz though!!

Anybody got a coupon for the outlet that’s over 15%?
I’m sure some know this in here and I’m not sure if tanger outlets have something similar but if you’re shopping at a premium outlet, they have a vip program and app and all most always have a 20 or 25% off coupon

PLWI7027[1].JPG

Carlsson!!! :emoji_heart_eyes:🔥🔥🔥

giphy.gif

07-13-08_1514[1].jpg

07-09-08_1549.jpg

Wish I never sold her 😭
E class you know he needs that ....best e class ever...used to steal moms e420 all the time in high school...pretend we were a bunch of jay zs from Jersey ... oh the kids today and their hell cats they have no idea about real foreigns made in Germany ..F these knock off global unibody clones they all look the same....Great cars fam !!

E class you know he needs that ....best e class ever...used to steal moms e420 all the time in high school...pretend we were a bunch of jay zs from Jersey ... oh the kids today and their hell cats they have no idea about real foreigns made in Germany ..F these knock off global unibody clones they all look the same....Great cars fam !!
All the kids today are clones man

Back
Top Bottom