**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Was not aware, hope their atleast getting some sort of compensation for it though. That scene in the park was straight up hilarious

Any updates / info on a general stadium release? The Olympics only last another week

I’m assuming they’ll wait til end of summer. August or September.

they generally try to sell the limited edition stuff late or off-season. They know it will sell out no matter when they release it. (I’m assuming their data was showing that releasing it earlier was cannibalizing sales.)

(ie: snow beach dropped as last winter capsule for that season, end of January heading into feb. browns/polo collection was more flagrant… fall/winter bear released heading into spring/summer)

Was not aware, hope their atleast getting some sort of compensation for it though. That scene in the park was straight up hilarious
Oh no it’s real business being handled and ain’t nothing for free. And Ralph has nothing to do w/ it. They are most definitely being compensated.
These are the type of people Hollywood has to go to to get authentic pieces from that era. you can’t get the wardrobe lady to just whip something up for 80’s/90’s period pieces you need the real rockers that has all the classic items. But notice a well placed book bag strap covering the scramble letters on a fleece or a flag patch on a suicide goose (???) the horrible way they talk is not 90’s or late 80’s for that matter, this is why they need real consultants from these places and times…but they don’t want to pay so you get what you get. I like the show but I will tell you this…for every one instants in a scene that something real go’s on it’s a trillion bs “let’s throw some Hollywood” sucker **** in. 🤷🏾‍♂️ The Show is funny to me.

Last edited:
Thoughts? The kid in me wants this but it seems…:ohwell::ohwell:

Attachments

• 6FAC2E4E-8D27-44C4-83F4-5DDB5E48308B.png
    6FAC2E4E-8D27-44C4-83F4-5DDB5E48308B.png
    877.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 5CF452DB-41FD-48D4-BC49-F43987368E4A.png
    5CF452DB-41FD-48D4-BC49-F43987368E4A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
I now some of y’all think the bear on the polo logo is lame… but I think it could be a sleeper hit. (If this is a one and done, and they don’t put it on everything moving forward? Then definitely will be a cherished piece by hardcore polo fans down the line.)

——————-

I know there’s some fans of the polo crest design here. I’ve been plumbing ebay/Poshmark/Grailed for weird stuff lately… sometimes can find some obscure and random Ralph stuff for $10-30.

got this canister for I think ~$20. Shipped.

Believe it was for a special gift set when Ralph had the cologne called “crest”. Really nice, especially considering the age… made in England, surprisingly.

88FBA168-C7D9-4C84-B7A9-F53D1F28E813.jpeg
4AD05F9C-2115-4E99-AF79-D4501D457E19.jpeg

Wasnt originally looking for crest stuff, but couldn’t pass it up.

Anyone got this plate, by chance? First time I’ve ever seen it on ebay this week.
D88D0EE9-8DFD-4DA6-95B7-CD75654E53C2.png

I now some of y’all think the bear on the polo logo is lame… but I think it could be a sleeper hit. (If this is a one and done, and they don’t put it on everything moving forward? Then definitely will be a cherished piece by hardcore polo fans down the line.)

——————-

I know there’s some fans of the polo crest design here. I’ve been plumbing ebay/Poshmark/Grailed for weird stuff lately… sometimes can find some obscure and random Ralph stuff for $10-30.

got this canister for I think ~$20. Shipped.

Believe it was for a special gift set when Ralph had the cologne called “crest”. Really nice, especially considering the age… made in England, surprisingly.

88FBA168-C7D9-4C84-B7A9-F53D1F28E813.jpeg
4AD05F9C-2115-4E99-AF79-D4501D457E19.jpeg

Wasnt originally looking for crest stuff, but couldn’t pass it up.

Anyone got this plate, by chance? First time I’ve ever seen it on ebay this week.
D88D0EE9-8DFD-4DA6-95B7-CD75654E53C2.png
Thats the thing with the bear. They used to drop it every now and then, on sweaters at first (around xmas time if im not mistaken). So it was dope cuz it was kinda "rare". But they pimped it out like JB has with the AJ1. A new bear tee every month at the outlets. They slapped it on any and everything, all the while quality went downhill. Its just meh now.

Thats the thing with the bear. They used to drop it every now and then, on sweaters at first (around xmas time if im not mistaken). So it was dope cuz it was kinda "rare". But they pimped it out like JB has with the AJ1. A new bear tee every month at the outlets. They slapped it on any and everything, all the while quality went downhill. Its just meh now.
It was special in 2013 when they released the small bears on the hoodies at macys during the holidays. They definitley got that bear doing over time recently…2018 obese bear was the head in hands moment.

LPU
9127E0DF-7C72-4A6A-A590-DF3375ABE65C.jpeg

Tryna get an exact year these hats were released, the MiUSA strap back trout sportsman hats (reg. Blue label not polo sport labeled), if anyone knows lmk. Also wondering how many colours they made? I have this one & a very light green, missed out on a red not too long ago but haven’t really seen many others.

...but Ralph CURRENTLY has officially produced reproductions of Delancy Street knock offs from the 80's on his site right now. In '89/'90(???), this was a popular, mass-produced bootleg. Period, full stop. Ralph did NOT produce this shirt.
s7-1369554_alternate10.jpg

The bootleggers did it on sweatshirts. Some like crap, some very well. Flash forward to 2020, and Ralph did a Gucci-to-Dapper Dan; take the old bootleg and produce it officially.

Y'all 'member this?

It was special in 2013 when they released the small bears on the hoodies at macys during the holidays. They definitley got that bear doing over time recently…2018 obese bear was the head in hands moment.
Those hoodies were awful quality. The pocket on mine was at least 3” off center.

Tax free weekend here so I’ll hit up the outlet tomorrow. Haven’t been in a few weeks. These coupons still 1 time use or can multiple use it?

Back
Top Bottom