**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Hey, Jay rocks customs. do you work for the roach project? im not gonna lie there custom polos are dope but they are charging way too much for  cap they copied from 3rd printer.

corny.

you do not read.

you bought at least 1 rohe project. didn't you?

if you're too cheap or broke to buy the rohe hats, then go and make your own custom polo hat that you think they copied from a 3rd printer or 3D printer if that's what you're trying to say. i'd like to see how well they come out.

The effort to try and legitimize them is astounding especially considering how elitist many collectors are imo. Quick to call somebody else' gear trash etc. Once you go beyond customizing for yourself and begin producing for sale it's becomes a knockoff.

Last edited:
I feel like you misinterpreted everything i said.

Anyway the bottom line is those rohe hats are just as fake as the high beach stuff. Maybe more so since they actually say polo and RL. And it doesn't matter how genuine the intent was behind them, they're still bootleg.

That being said they're still dope for what they are, as is the high street gear: imo of course.

Last edited:
how is  a p wing custom authentic? to answer your question no CLD driver. I don't support fakes jay! I have met the guy who sells these caps around the bay ridge area. quality suck and puts little to no effort inspecting  his finished product. chap or being broke has nothing to do with this. I only invest in real clothing and appeal. if I see snyone rocking these caps I think to myself what else is he wearing fake, Js?

Lot of good points being made but imo, sounds like certain folks trying to make those rohe caps ok to wear because they know the creators on a personal level, but at the end of the day there knockoffs, no different from high street, and those bear tshirts with bear holding a 40 ounce and wearing timbs, same toilet. Second thought maybe worst because the rohe project dudes using rl, polo tech etc.

The effort to try and legitimize them is astounding especially considering how elitist many collectors are imo. Quick to call somebody else' gear trash etc. Once you go beyond customizing for yourself and begin producing for sale it's becomes a knockoff.
says who? so when someone sells items that borrow from previously made items, you automatically pass the threshold and now it's a knockoff? what do you call Ralph then when he jacks other ppl's designs and sells them? if he ever decided to do this and just give them away to F&F, it's not a knockoff anymore bc he didn't sell it? your logic is off.

he works for there company so its in his job description to sponsor them even though he knows his logic is off. the get me wrong the designs are on point but the price isn't and on top of that there not REAL.

my point is this. no idea is original anymore, everything is a knockoff of some sort when it comes to RL. corporate knows what sells from previous seasons and will just recycle ideas. in the past they straight stole other ppl's designs. i hope the collectors in this thread can post some of these so ppl dont think we are just ranting with nothing behind it.

i understand where ppl are coming from when they say rohe is the same as high street. if you are talking in general terms, i can see the logic in that argument. i respect that opinion. i dont agree with it, but i respect it. just remember that this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion (as long as it makes sense). if there is a handful of ppl that assert that there is a distinct difference between the 2, ppl can agree to disagree and move along. 

says who? so when someone sells items that borrow from previously made items, you automatically pass the threshold and now it's a knockoff? what do you call Ralph then when he jacks other ppl's designs and sells them? if he ever decided to do this and just give them away to F&F, it's not a knockoff anymore bc he didn't sell it? your logic is off.
Says me, this is all IMO, forgot to put that in again after the rest of my statement. My logic was done off the cuff, because it's not actually that simple as far as a threshold. If RL is guilty of this as well then they gotta wear their knock off hat as well. The logic that seems off to me is that the some with most passion and knowledge don't see it that way.

my point is this. no idea is original anymore, everything is a knockoff of some sort when it comes to RL. corporate knows what sells from previous seasons and will just recycle ideas. in the past they straight stole other ppl's designs. i hope the collectors in this thread can post some of these so ppl dont think we are just ranting with nothing behind it.

i understand where ppl are coming from when they say rohe is the same as high street. if you are talking in general terms, i can see the logic in that argument. i respect that opinion. i dont agree with it, but i respect it. just remember that this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion (as long as it makes sense). if there is a handful of ppl that assert that there is a distinct difference between the 2, ppl can agree to disagree and move along. 

Would love to see some of those posts. That's one of the things i like about this thread, the knowledge...

I guess when you pay that price for those project rohe caps then why not make it authentic?

Or if you pay that much for that cap then you can afford those vintage polo caps that rarely pop up on ebay

The guys who are pro rohe are saying that's why these caps are acceptable because ralph drop the ball by not creating these, that's why the rohe dudes get hall passes. They allow them boyz to cook.

Ralph must be ecstatic that NYPD cop killer was wearing RRL Ross Varsity Jacket thats currently on sale on the site

muh pickups...
my dissertation on those hats....
they're dope. I wouldn't buy a vtg hat for more than $50. But I do have 1.5-2k for a Snow Beach pullover.

The camo jacket from the outlets is one of my favorite items as of late. I've been wearing that thing everywhere. But I think it released a year ago in stores and online before it hit outlets so I guess it wasn't part of the "outlet collection". Debating if I want to try to hit Dillard's on New Year's Day for the 50% off sale this year. Not really much left that I want.

Back
Top Bottom