**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I have a western chmabray button up and the quality is great.

How do their button ups fit? Like Polo classic or Polo custom?

Also, anybody notice how sizing varies? Shirts I buy from the outlet are bigger than the ones I cop from Online, which are slightly larger than when I cop from Macy's/other dept. stores.

Got me all messed up out here.

Denim Supply is alright, at first I didn't really give them a chance but they do have some quality items and the clothing has gotten a lot better than when it first released. You just have to pic and choose wisely.

Sizing on RL can be very inconsistent across the board, slim/custom fits have been the most consistent for me, a lot of other items tend to fit oversized and wide a lot of the time, I just throw them in my bag if stuff that needs to be taken to the tailor for adjustments, very used to it by now. I never have an issue with clothing thats too big, only clothes that are too small.

How do their button ups fit? Like Polo classic or Polo custom?

Also, anybody notice how sizing varies? Shirts I buy from the outlet are bigger than the ones I cop from Online, which are slightly larger than when I cop from Macy's/other dept. stores.

Got me all messed up out here.

I feel you bro. I just picked up a bunch of basic tees from RL outlet and they fit like larges instead of mediums lol.

The Chambray I have is more of a custom fit, I feel like DNS targets a younger audience so they offer more slim profile fits.

Denim Supply is alright, at first I didn't really give them a chance but they do have some quality items and the clothing has gotten a lot better than when it first released. You just have to pic and choose wisely.

Sizing on RL can be very inconsistent across the board, slim/custom fits have been the most consistent for me, a lot of other items tend to fit oversized and wide a lot of the time, I just throw them in my bag if stuff that needs to be taken to the tailor for adjustments, very used to it by now. I never have an issue with clothing thats too big, only clothes that are too small.

Serious question...don't clown me.

How much can a tailor adjust the sizing of a button up shirt? I have a few that say custom fit, but obviously aren't. Don't wanna be out looking like I stole from my big brother...

I like DnS but their tshirts are toilet paper thin which is not really my thing. But their denim and some button ups I have are quality though.

On another note $9w/ tags...

Denim and Supply has some very nice prices... But the quality is lacking.

My D&S military cargos are about half the thickness of my polo ones. However, I paid about 65$ less... So it makes sense.

I've been searching in Marshalls and Tj max for some caps really want the baseball or 5 panels with the leather straps versus the cotton joints
Aside from eBay where do Ya thing I can hit the lick
I feel like they discontinued the leather ones 3/4 seasons ago

Leather strap caps are not discontinued

Check your local Macy's or RL store

Recently saw the football script cap with a leather strap for those who don't wear fitteds

Just came in from ebay

Leather strap caps are not discontinued

Check your local Macy's or RL store

Recently saw the football script cap with a leather strap for those who don't wear fitteds

Shoulda been more clear. Only want small pony. Nothing with script efc

How much can a tailor adjust the sizing of a button up shirt? I have a few that say custom fit, but obviously aren't. Don't wanna be out looking like I stole from my big brother...

It all depends on how much work is being done, but it you're referring to just tapering, my tailor charges $7.

A tailor can put darts in the back which costs about $10-15. Or he can completely re-cut the shirt which costs about $30-40. All the prices depend on location, and the type of place you go..

Yea location is definitely key because $30-40 is absolutely ridiculous, thats what I've paid to tailor a suit. Nothing better than NYC, where tailors are dime a dozen.

Tried to find info on this.. but does anyone know
if Ralph Lauren in interviews ever acknowledged the Polo subculture and its hiphop associations? 

Back
Top Bottom