**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Picked up these6 inch shorts at my local outlet for 40 something after discount. Not sure if Terry cloth or not but real soft cotton.
IMG_20180612_191811.jpg

Yo chicago polo dudes

State st Macy's

Ralph screwed up, told people to go to water tower place. They changed back to state st 2 days before

4 jackets, 4 polo's, 3 trunks, 4 tees

D4967131-58CB-4E11-B3A8-F07601470C87.jpeg

Good looking out on the info! I tried on the medium during lunch, but since I was fortunate enough to snag the Riviera this morning on RL.com, figured my wife would kill me if I came home with another piece. In chatting with one of Macy's employees, she noted that they had additional quantities downstairs, but was instructed to keep only the size run on the floor.

They are sitting at some Bloomies and Macy’s around the country...u just have to call and see if they do phone orders..give it a few days ,once they need to move product they will be willing to ship I bet

I like that polo made more supply and had more stores this time around...

But prices are getting a bit tough... Couple folks I know that would have normally jumped at that Macy's stock I posted, said they wanted, but couldn't do $125 for a tshirt or $225 for the polo. I'm sure the hats selling well cause at $70 (and good quality) they are the bargain of the collection.

They are sitting at some Bloomies and Macy’s around the country...u just have to call and see if they do phone orders..give it a few days ,once they need to move product they will be willing to ship I bet

What was Bloomingdale's exclusive design? Or was it just the tshirt at both?

What was Bloomingdale's exclusive design? Or was it just the tshirt at both?
L.A. STORY
I was at Bloomingdale's today. The first one to arrive, no line whatsoever. They had the same design as Macys (stars & stripes/sailboat).
I was underwhelmed at the poor quality of the polo, which is what I wanted. Tissue thin, Old Navy quality for $225? Fail.
The XL fit snug like custom fit, even though this whole collection was advertised as Classic Fit. I asked for XXL. Well , RL only produced S-XL.I PASSED.
I thought about the shorts for a minute but at $195 no way. When I left 30 minutes later, still no one had shown up.

Last edited:
L.A. STORY
I was at Bloomingdale's today. The first one to arrive, no line whatsoever. They had the same design as Macys (stars & stripes/sailboat).
I was underwhelmed at the poor quality of the polo, which is what I wanted. Tissue thin, Old Navy quality for $225? Fail.
The XL fit snug like custom fit, even though this whole collection was advertised as Classic Fit. I asked for XXL. Well , RL only produced S-XL.I PASSED.
I thought about the shorts for a minute but at $195 no way. When i left 30 minutes later, still no one had shown up.

I had a raffle ticket to the RL store, so I arrived and there were only 3 people in the store! Three Indian tourists were getting custom polos made. No one was shopping for CP-93 at all!
I tried on the mashup polo and it fit snug like custom fit too even though it was advertised as classic fit. The manager said "Everyone who tried it on says the same thing. Too snug".
The manager said that it was busy from 8:00am -12:00 but it slowed down after that. I arrived at 2:00. They were supposed to let the public shop at 6:00pm. They opened the store to the public at 2:00!
When I saw them cross my name off of the raffle list , A LOT people did not show up.
Anyway, I bought Rivera and Sailboat socks, got some stickers, the shopping bag, and left. Macys at the same mall had the stars/stripes. No line when they opened at 9:00am.
But don't feel bad for me: I got the pieces I really wanted; the CP 93 tote and the striped jacket. All of the socks. The yellow CP93 tee. The POLO USA polo. The lifesaver polo. I'm good.:smile:

I don't know about your city but this collection was sitting at a lot of stores today. After all, we had 6 spots to shop in L.A. today. I think people were turned off by the prices or they thought the collection was trash. I salute the company for making it widely available this time. I think they overestimated the demand , at least in my city. I'm sure someone in a smaller city would disagree. I'm tired of this collection: BRING ON HI TECH ALREADY.:rofl:

Maybe the sizing is odd on this collection?

Just washed the sailboat tshirt from Macy's... It's big. Hung it next to all my other size large t-shirts from polo, and it's the biggest of any I've got. Slightly wider than the cp-93 patch tshirt but I've washed that 4-5 times, so that may account for it.

Maybe the xl or XXL sizes were adjusted?

Med in polo and Lin tshirt definitely match up with my other items or slighkty bigger. The fabric on the polos is weird tho, reminds me of the thin Pima cotton purple label polo's from a few years ago.

Are the polo bear T-shirts back out I saw a picture on Instagram for a local store they had a whole bunch of different tshirts

Maybe the sizing is odd on this collection?

Just washed the sailboat tshirt from Macy's... It's big. Hung it next to all my other size large t-shirts from polo, and it's the biggest of any I've got. Slightly wider than the cp-93 patch tshirt but I've washed that 4-5 times, so that may account for it.

Maybe the xl or XXL sizes were adjusted?

Med in polo and Lin tshirt definitely match up with my other items or slighkty bigger. The fabric on the polos is weird tho, reminds me of the thin Pima cotton purple label polo's from a few years ago.

Sailboat tee is wide. I got an XL and it's wide. Haven't got the polo in yet, is the material similar to the polo usa one? The material on that one is thin but I'm pleased with it. It's great for the summer.

Ralph deff made these big, and it makes up for axing the XXL. I jus went and tried on the Stars and Stripes polo at Macys. The XL fits like my XXLs...they are a bit short and wide. I’m good wit the fit...

L.A. STORY
I thought about the shorts for a minute but at $195 no way. When I left 30 minutes later, still no one had shown up.

Think Mashup polo was the only one that had a size XXL. Was also told before Release the polo fabric very thin. Guess good for Summer, but still disappointing to hear. See what they look like in hand. Went w/Crest, Flags and Mashup xl.

Here is my two cents on this whole drop.

If you really wanted a piece of this collection it was up for grabs with little effort.

I was fortunate enough to have been selected at the Hamptons store. Was expecting a cluster duck when I confirmed the time. Spent the night at my cuz crib who lived in Sag Harbor just 10min away. Drove by the store at night and it was nothing. There were people at Macy’s 34th since Saturday night so I assumed the same will be here. Great job on the time slots by Ralph Lauren. I can’t talk for Wooster but in the Hamptons it was dead. I got to the store at 845a where I was greeted and told to come back at 3. Of course I ignored all instructions because of my NYC Mentality where “I’m not loosing my spot” comes in lol. My friend joined me because we were under the assumption that they would release what ever items are not sold to the general public. 9a hit, I scored what I really wanted on the polo site and scored some more of bodega. At the end of the day as good as that raffle system was, this drop was fairly easy to get. If you feel left out then you really weren’t hunger enough for this.

I can understand those of you who got deterred because of the retail stickers because that stopped me from buying more and I respect that, but if you’re on here and didn’t score what were you thinking??

After the dust settles out of 130 invites at the Hamptons 47 didn’t even bother to confirm and only 63 people decided to show up. The store said they were sending the rest back to RL.com to sell online so if you missed there’s your chance!

HUGE SHOUTOUT TO THOSE WHO PUT THEM LINKS IN!!!

why are ppl shocked at the price point of the windbreakers all over social media do you not remember the Rio windbreaker it was the same price. Of course they are going to be paper thin it's a summer shirt and the prints of sailing embarks on that. The last thing you want on a hot 90 degree day is to be wearing heavy thick cotton shirts lmfao. RL did well with this drop they produced more items and an abundance of it so more ppl could land something. Ppl are spoiled you know Ralph isn't always cheap sometimes you can score deals and sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Here is my two cents on this whole drop.

If you really wanted a piece of this collection it was up for grabs with little effort.

I was fortunate enough to have been selected at the Hamptons store. Was expecting a cluster duck when I confirmed the time. Spent the night at my cuz crib who lived in Sag Harbor just 10min away. Drove by the store at night and it was nothing. There were people at Macy’s 34th since Saturday night so I assumed the same will be here. Great job on the time slots by Ralph Lauren. I can’t talk for Wooster but in the Hamptons it was dead. I got to the store at 845a where I was greeted and told to come back at 3. Of course I ignored all instructions because of my NYC Mentality where “I’m not loosing my spot” comes in lol. My friend joined me because we were under the assumption that they would release what ever items are not sold to the general public. 9a hit, I scored what I really wanted on the polo site and scored some more of bodega. At the end of the day as good as that raffle system was, this drop was fairly easy to get. If you feel left out then you really weren’t hunger enough for this.

I can understand those of you who got deterred because of the retail stickers because that stopped me from buying more and I respect that, but if you’re on here and didn’t score what were you thinking??

After the dust settles out of 130 invites at the Hamptons 47 didn’t even bother to confirm and only 63 people decided to show up. The store said they were sending the rest back to RL.com to sell online so if you missed there’s your chance!

HUGE SHOUTOUT TO THOSE WHO PUT THEM LINKS IN!!!
RL Beverly Center gave out 380 raffle tickets. Less than half of those did not show up. There were no lines at any of the 6 spots in L.A. Except for the faithful Lo heads, I believe that the prices turned people off. I agree that if you really wanted this, it was easy breezy.

why are ppl shocked at the price point of the windbreakers all over social media do you not remember the Rio windbreaker it was the same price. Of course they are going to be paper thin it's a summer shirt and the prints of sailing embarks on that. The last thing you want on a hot 90 degree day is to be wearing heavy thick cotton shirts lmfao. RL did well with this drop they produced more items and an abundance of it so more ppl could land something. Ppl are spoiled you know Ralph isn't always cheap sometimes you can score deals and sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
Yes, we are spoiled by Ralph Lauren himself. Ralph can cram all of the graphics that he possibly can on jackets, shirts, shorts, and hats, but the graphics will never cover up the huge drop in quality that RL is using to maximize their returns. Most of us are used to a certain level of quality, which is why you see so many that are no willing to pay $225 for polos have half the quality of an $85 polo.

Both POV are valid.

Yes, we are spoiled by Ralph Lauren himself. Ralph can cram all of the graphics that he possibly can on jackets, shirts, shorts, and hats, but the graphics will never cover up the huge drop in quality that RL is using to maximize their returns. Most of us are used to a certain level of quality, which is why you see so many that are no willing to pay $225 for polos have half the quality of an $85 polo.

Both POV are valid.
But that is the reality of just things in life cars, clothing, food, etc nothing is ever going to be quality corporations are always about greed and higher profits at the expense of their customers base. Even homes are made like crap these days. The hype is already on his clothing line and whatever didn't sell yesterday will be on his website again for the vultures to feast on. I bought a few pieces from this drop but it's going st8 to storage. I'm good rockin some traditional ol school horsemen polos from the outlets this summer

Back
Top Bottom