**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

PicsArt_09-21-04.24.02.png

Racing jacket touchdown

More re sellers than buyers. I can't imagine why I would pay 700 dollars for a square p racing
logo thats about 2 inches. I dont go to polo photo shoots so enjoy that. I need some animal to die for me to pay more than
400. Make it in the USA and we can talk paying over 400.

Its not a full jacket. A pullover for 7 bills? nah.

Last edited:
What’s the current bear shirt for the outlets
Went there yesterday saw some green college cardigan bear from last year. They caught my attention because I happen to have that green cardigan myself but that bear quality look terrible for me personally. Looked like iron on sticker instead of screen print

Went there yesterday saw some green college cardigan bear from last year. They caught my attention because I happen to have that green cardigan myself but that bear quality look terrible for me personally. Looked like iron on sticker instead of screen print

The green cardigan with the P on it and the blue collar? I got a shirt with that bear on it plus that cardigan. What color was it printed on? I agree the quality is trash but I’ll cop if it’s on something other than dark blue, white or grey lol

I’m salty
I called the RL outlet and they said they had the Polo Bear wallet in black or brown for $50. I got that $20 off coupon ready so I go.
I get there and they said, oh we thought the card holder was the wallet. We only got a brown card holder.
Left there hella mad. Didn’t even wanna get the card holder or anything

Ralph Lauren Outlet ( Not Polo ) has snow beach pancho, both black and yellow. $395 then additional 70% off

Winter stadium jackets went for well below retail. All of these polo sport anoraks and polo racing jackets are gonna sit like crazy.

Long enough for me to grab them for that good ol 60-70% off.

How’s the fit on the Camo bear sweatshirt? I got some kicks that go hard with that

Those were pictures of what was in store.

NOT my own pickups. I don't ball like that and wasn't trying to infer that I purchased any of those items.

I posted to show size availability and to show what some items look like in real life as opposed to pictures you see on macys or bloomies or whoever's website.

My apologies for any confusion.

=This was mentioned in the thread before. Please explain "Polo elitist", and who fits the description here.

When I mentioned “polo elitist”, I’m referring to those who look down on people who wear/know only little or big horse polo, or re-retro collectors. Or people with limited collections/access/means ( I personally struck out on snow beach pullover, and settled for the CP 93 windbreakers). Collectors who judge the uninformed or misguided. When I see someone pieces together different collections, I may feel it doesn’t make sense, but that’s maybe all they have access too so ........... who are we to judge. Not everyone wants to go to The POLO Olympics in New York to stand in the middle of times Square in dingy/wrinkled 30 year old pieces trying to coordinate. Like 40% of “polo collectors” mash whatever they have together and don’t care about coordinating pieces. I see people mixing and matching different collections I feel don’t go together especially when they’re at opposite ends of the spectrum ( no coordination). But, I have also seen it work a few times. But I have seen Ralph do it on the cat walk and on his website (Example: last year he had a guy in dress clothes and the 92 stadium jacket with the fur hood.

Also we have people at different stages of collecting, some people only collect polo three button and T-shirts. Some people like certain lines and only buy those pieces so they would inadvertently be coordinated.

I work with a guy who only has horse and bear polo and thinks he’s doing it his whole collection is casualwear lo. Sum people prefer only the horse and feel like the graphics that we wear our childish (suicide ski, climber graphics, biker graphics) and phrases too ( climb, track, kayak). And I know guys who feel like the horse is feminine.

I will admit I purchase retro/rerelease pieces, if I can find a classic piece DS, I will cop but I don’t want a sweater/jacket that’s on sum fat *** wore for 10 winters with stains and dingy cuffs.

On a small scale is like Jordan’s if you see somebody in team Jordans/fusions we may judge, But they may have preferred the air Jordan 11 Concords, but didn’t have access/means, and had to settle for the fusion Jordan 11/13‘s.

Last edited:
When I mentioned “polo elitist”, I’m referring to those who look down on people who wear/know only little or big horse polo, or re-retro collectors. Or people with limited collections/access/means ( I personally struck out on snow beach pullover, and settled for the CP 93 windbreakers). Collectors who judge the uninformed or misguided. When I see someone pieces together different collections, I may feel it doesn’t make sense, but that’s maybe all they have access too so ........... who are we to judge. Not everyone wants to go to The POLO Olympics in New York to stand in the middle of times Square in dingy/wrinkled 30 year old pieces trying to coordinate. Like 40% of “polo collectors” mash whatever they have together and don’t care about coordinating pieces. I see people mixing and matching different collections I feel don’t go together especially when they’re at opposite ends of the spectrum ( no coordination). But, I have also seen it work a few times. But I have seen Ralph do it on the cat walk and on his website (Example: last year he had a guy in dress clothes and the 92 stadium jacket with the fur hood.

Also we have people at different stages of collecting, some people only collect polo three button and T-shirts. Some people like certain lines and only buy those pieces so they would inadvertently be coordinated.

I work with a guy who only has horse and bear polo and thinks he’s doing it his whole collection is casualwear lo. Sum people prefer only the horse and feel like the graphics that we wear our childish (suicide ski, climber graphics, biker graphics) and phrases too ( climb, track, kayak). And I know guys who feel like the horse is feminine.

I will admit I purchase retro/rerelease pieces, if I can find a classic piece DS, I will cop but I don’t want a sweater/jacket that’s on sum fat *** wore for 10 winters with stains and dingy cuffs.
Well said, and very clear. This entire forum is built on exchange of ideas, in which many different Ralph Lauren collectors express their unique opinions. I've noticed that NTers are labeled"Polo Elitist" when they are simply expressing their own opinions on what is posted. No one here has claimed themselves to be "Elitists".

Well said, and very clear. This entire forum is built on exchange of ideas, in which many different Ralph Lauren collectors express their unique opinions. I've noticed that NTers are labeled"Polo Elitist" when they are simply expressing their own opinions on what is posted. No one here has claimed themselves to be "Elitists".

True, no one claimed to be elitist but when guys here refer to other posters items as “garbage lo”, or to tell cats their “pieces don’t make sense”, runs people away from the hobby, heck runs people away from this thread.

True, no one claimed to be elitist but when guys here refer to other posters items as “garbage lo”, or to tell cats their “pieces don’t make sense”, runs people away from the hobby, heck runs people away from this thread.

I doubt that anyone intentionally wants to run people away from the hobby or from the thread. Honest opinions based on individual experiences with the RL brand are an inseparable part of the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom