**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I got a 10 dollar coupon for my bday... I'll wait until theres a 25% off again then use it on a accessory

A Ralph Lauren thread is probably the wrong place for this, but anyone thinking about obtaining financial freedom should tap into to Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps. Yes it's hard work that can take a few months or a few years, but the end result is worth it. It has nothing to do with race, politics, or your tax bracket; It's your behavior, focus, and intensity with money. It works.
Screenshot_20230302_072734_Chrome.jpg

Budget. Pay cash for everything.

A Ralph Lauren thread is probably the wrong place for this, but anyone thinking about obtaining financial freedom should tap into to Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps. Yes it's hard work that can take a few months or a few years, but the end result is worth it. It has nothing to do with race, politics, or your tax bracket; It's your behavior, focus, and intensity with money. It works.

In a materialistic world we’re in today these can definitely be tough principles to apply but 100% these are the keys to financial freedom.

I'm sorry, but those "baby" steps most definitely have to do with your tax bracket. Asking someone who makes 25k a year to save 1k as the first step is completely unrealistic, as is paying off all debt, except for the house, as it assumes that the person has a mortgage instead of renting. And yes, of course owning property is the goal. But alongside said property comes, taxes, utilities and all the other stuff. And yes, poor people deserve entertainment as much as everyone else.

My point is, that these type of tips rarely consider the people that need the most help in becoming financially sound.

I'm sorry, but those "baby" steps most definitely have to do with your tax bracket. Asking someone who makes 25k a year to save 1k as the first step is completely unrealistic, as is paying off all debt, except for the house, as it assumes that the person has a mortgage instead of renting. And yes, of course owning property is the goal. But alongside said property comes, taxes, utilities and all the other stuff. And yes, poor people deserve entertainment as much as everyone else.

My point is, that these type of tips rarely consider the people that need the most help in becoming financially sound.
Where does it say the first step is realistic?

The first step is simply saving $1000 beginner emergency fund; The behavior, focus, and intensity is You doing this by any means necessary. That means selling things that you don't need, cutting subscrition services, cooking at home, telling friends no to going out, and/or getting a second job to meet this goal. It's very realistic because millions of people have done it while renting or staying with someone temporarily. You keep doing this until you pay off your debts smallest to largest no matter what the interest rate.

I do see where Step 2 is confusing. The "except for the house" only applies to someone with a mortgage. If you are renting, you continue to pay off your debt and follow the steps.

Entertainment is not a right for the rich or the poor, nor is eating at a restaurants and driving a new car. These are just products to be consumed. The attitude of "I deserve" is what keeps people in debt, while they pay for banks to build skyscrapers and rob thier own futures.

I agree that these steps are hard. Not because they are unrealistic, but because it's a total change of your behavior.

If you feel it's unrealistic, then you are correct. Those that think that they accomplish financial freedom by following the baby steps...they are also correct.

The choice is yours.
Screenshot_20230302_094001_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
1677782310021.png

Nice. Copped. Its for men now.
The illest boat knit ever made by Polo.
Keep the cycle jacket. This is a new grail. No retro.
I dont wear most of my polo but this is what I would be
rocking if I was working at Polo.

So 80s. Even has the original blue label.
A new grail. Im glad I didnt get the moto hoodie.
1677782889986.png

The branding is so small. Just like I said it should be. The design catches the eye. Not the branding. A+
2cc519b07ed71455a56aa757198d2443.jpg

Last edited:
Baby steps implies that something is realistic, feasible. For some people, that $1000 is 1/13 of the money they will make for the year. Hard to cook at home if your gas/electricity is cut off.

There is a level of poverty in this country that doesn't allow someone to have streaming services. If you have a chance, read "Finding Me," by Viola Davis. Not into reading, listen to it. Then look at that graphic again, that was created by a guy born on third base. (Oh no, he had to file bankruptcy....)

Now, back to overpriced clothes designed to celebrate an American Dream that is slipping away more with each day.

Last edited:

Paying cash for everything is absolutely wrong advice. You won’t build credit, take advantage of 0% APR because you can use those funds to invest and you Still have that lump sum just in case and swipe everything and pay off monthly to get those CC points for cash back.

One of my favorite jackets. Got it during pologate
Facts! Your pic of the things that you bought from that collection is still one of my favorite Polo images. Pologate was epic...sponsored by the one and only DP.
Paying cash for everything is absolutely wrong advice. You won’t build credit, take advantage of 0% APR because you can use those funds to invest and you Still have that lump sum just in case and swipe everything and pay off monthly to get those CC points for cash back.
It's not wrong at all; It's called freedom. Cash is always 0% APR, and investing is a breeze to set up with a certified professional. Want to finance a home pr rental an apartment, use a bank that utilizes manual underwriting. Points...don't need them. My peace is worth more than chasing bondage.

Facts! Your pic of the things that you bought from that collection is still one of my favorite Polo images. Pologate was epic...sponsored by the one and only DP.

It's not wrong at all; It's called freedom. Cash is always 0% APR, and investing is a breeze to set up with a certified professional. Want to finance a home pr rental an apartment, use a bank that utilizes manual underwriting. Points...don't need them. My peace is worth more than chasing bondage.
you literally make zero sense but ok :lol:

So you want to get the floors in your home replaced and it’s going to cost you 15gs, you can pay it cash but they are offering a promotion for 0% APR for 5 or 6 years, monthly payment around 275.00 and you get to keep that 15gs just in case and you can put it in a CD and make 5% interest a month but that’s dumb :lol: You want this car and want to pay cash and it’s 30gs, why not swipe your card, get 30,000 plus points and then literally log into your bank and pay it off that day avoiding any accrued interest,but that doesn’t make any sense, right:lol: A free 30,000 points, keep the 15gs just in case while making 5% interest. All that sounds dumb?!?!

you literally make zero sense but ok :lol:
Understood. I'm speaking from a perspective of actually living this, and it didn't make sense to me the first time that I was told about it.

Regarding the floors: I'm negotiating the job for $13,000 cash, and writing the check after I verified the work is completed to my satisfaction. Regarding the car, I'm going to find a model that's 2 years older, negotiate a price of $20,000, and swipe my debit card.

No credit cards in my wallet
... only my debit and some cash.

Carry on PoloNT.

Last edited:

Telling somone in dire financial straits with zero savings to make all their purchases on credit isn't exactly sound financial advice my friend. I get what you’re saying but MAINTAINING financial freedom takes a different approach than ESTABLISHING financial freedom.

Telling somone in dire financial straits with zero savings to make all their purchases on credit isn't exactly sound financial advice my friend. I get what you’re saying but MAINTAINING financial freedom takes a different approach than ESTABLISHING financial freedom.
I completely agree with what you’re saying but if you have the cash and the opportunity to take advantage of certain things you most definitely should.

The point of using cash is a mental re-wiring. It’s budgeting at the core. Credit cards accrue debt, not every situation, because it tricks you into using money you don’t actually have but making you feel like you do. Cash in hand lets you visually see when you are running low on your shopping budget as well as actually preventing you from spending what you don’t have. If you’re able to use credit cards and get points and pay it off right away then that’s great but most people like myself aren’t disciplined with credit cards and end up with debt.

IMHO,

It's not the high cost of living.

It's the cost of high living.

Some of the best clothes-buying and nicest car-driving folks are super broke and would remain super broke no matter how much money they had :lol: :smh:

Not gonna lie - good financial habits work no matter what your salary is.

Took me way too long to realize money is for more than spending.

Back
Top Bottom