THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

JumpmanFromDaBay:

2lwvlp2.gif

pimp.gif

thanks paul

[h2]WARRIORS TO UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS ON DRAFT NIGHT?[/h2]
NEWS - POSTED BY: RASHEED MALEK

Are the Warriors finally getting rid of their horrid uniforms in favor of some fresh threads? That’s the word from 1011 Broadway as the Warriors are scheduled to unveil a new logo and new uniforms on draft night according to multiple sources.

Sources who have seen the artist rendering of the possible new logo describe it as an updated version of the team logo from the Run TMC era, the new logo will be a circular logo with a silhouette of the new Bay Bridge Tower and the words “Golden State

Alright I'm too tired to post more.
laugh.gif

I don't have pictures of a lot of my baseball stuff. Maybe I'll post it some other time if you guys are still interested.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Luong1209:

23hn1pv.gif

eqt5z9.gif

I made two because you didn't know what kind of border you wanted so you just stuck with the blue border since that's what I've been using for Warriors avys, but since this wasn't a Warriors avy, I used the color of the girl's shirt and used that as the color for the border and font. Pick which one you prefer. I thought I'd just give you some choices.
laugh.gif

BTW, the chick's hot!
pimp.gif
devil.gif
PAUL...PAUL, MY MAN!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

[h2]WARRIORS TO UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS ON DRAFT NIGHT?[/h2]
NEWS - POSTED BY: RASHEED MALEK

Are the Warriors finally getting rid of their horrid uniforms in favor of some fresh threads? That’s the word from 1011 Broadway as the Warriors are scheduled to unveil a new logo and new uniforms on draft night according to multiple sources.

Sources who have seen the artist rendering of the possible new logo describe it as an updated version of the team logo from the Run TMC era, the new logo will be a circular logo with a silhouette of the new Bay Bridge Tower and the words “Golden State

hey franchise...im curious to see how you display them?

pics of it on the wall/table/or however else you show'em off?

[h1]Warriors could leave Raiders only Oakland team[/h1]

Chip Johnson

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

With the sale of the Golden State Warriors now officially on thetable, East Bay residents stand to lose two of their three professionalsports teams, leaving the Oakland Raiders as the most firmly rootedteam at the city-and-county-owned sports complex.

Now that's a scary thought.

Less than a week after the NBA team owner Chris Cohan announced hisintention to sell, at least one potential buyer has expressed interestin seeing the club move from Oracle Arena to San Francisco, just southof AT&T Park, according to Chronicle colleague C.W. Nevius in hisThursday column.

The argument in favor of such a move includes a study that projecteda 30 percent higher franchise value should the team move to SanFrancisco. Corporate sponsorship opportunities, which have been meagerin Oakland, would also be greater.

Let's face it, Oakland's persona works for the Raiders more than itdoes for the other two teams. At a Raiders football game, you expect tobe jostled at some point by one or more of the team's proud but rowdyfans. You know how Oakland police catch troublemakers at Raiders games?They wear the jerseys of the visiting team - because that's about allit takes.

From a marketing standpoint, San Francisco has a reputation forcivility that Oakland does not share. Hey, I live in Oakland. I own ahome here, but I have to be honest.

The choice of attending a ballgame in San Francisco, where fanscould walk to a neighborhood sports bar or tony restaurant, or a gamein Oakland, where a car or BART ride is required to get you to a moreamenable part of the city, is a no-brainer. Geographically, a downtownSan Francisco basketball arena would be just as close as the coliseumfor many Oakland residents.

But if the team did move, Alameda County Board Supervisor ScottHaggerty said, the new owner would face a contractual poison pill - theremainder of a $140 million upgrade paid for by a municipal bondapproved as part of the Oakland Raiders' return to the city.

"If they leave prior to 2027, they have to close the debt service onthe $140 million upgrade," Haggerty said. "Whoever buys the team maynot know about that debt service."

In addition, the estimated cost of buying out the Warriors' lease in Oakland through 2027 is around $60 million.

As a financial resource, the Warriors are about a breakevenoperation, said Deena McClain, interim executive director of theOakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority and its chief legal counsel.Revenues from Warriors games brought in about $12.7 million last yearwhile operational expenses cost about $15.5 million, she said.

If the Warriors were to jump ship, the team would join the Oakland Athletics as the latest sports franchise to bail on Oakland.

Never mind Oakland City Hall's last-stand attempt to cobble togetherthree possible sites late last year, A's owner Lew Wolff has set hissights on leaving town.

Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid, who represents East Oakland andserves as a commissioner on the Oakland-Alameda County ColiseumAuthority, is adamant about retaining the basketball team. He isequally convinced that unless redevelopment efforts are undertaken nearthe sports complex to build hotels with convention facilities, officeand retail space and housing, the city could well lose those teams.

Reid regularly drums up interest in the area and leads developertours through two city-owned properties near the sports complex. Hehosted former state Treasurer Phil Angelides last week. Angelides is apartner with former NBA star Earvin "Magic" Johnson in the developmentfirm of King and Johnson.

"It's going to take two or three developers working together to pulloff this vision, and the city needs to step up its game and findsomeone interested in partnering with the Raiders," Reid said. "If wedon't do something, and continue to drag our feet, we may lose allthree sports franchises," he said.

I guess turnabout is fair play, after all. San Francisco certainlyisn't the only city or county ignoring boundaries. Santa Clara Countyofficials are hoping a new stadium proposal will lure the 49ers south,and San Jose has not given up on the Athletics.

Finally, if Coliseum officials have their way, Oakland will soonhave a football-only stadium that is home to the Raiders and itscrossbay rivals, the San Francisco 49ers.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/29/BANT1CN1PR.DTL#ixzz0jg25st3h

Luong, maybe its me but i like green better. jus' saying.

thanks for the avy paul! appreciate it!

[h1]Writing on Wall for Warriors' Morrow[/h1]

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
Comment(0)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://www.csnbayarea.com/common/global_images/icons/share/share_animation.gif[/img] Sharing RSS

27275.gif

Retaining Anthony Morrow appears to be a long shot for the Warriors.

March 29, 2010

WARRIORS PAGE

WARRIORS VIDEO
1.gif

I like Reggie Williams as much as the next guy. Probably more than the next guy, actually. He might be a legitimate find.

I also like the fact the Warriors locked him up for next season. But let’s be honest, it more than likely means Anthony Morrow is done.

Look, unless they can move Corey Maggette and/or Kelenna Azubuike there’s really no reason for the Warriors to re-sign Morrow. And there’s really no reason for Morrow to re-sign here, either.

There’sno way the Warriors, in their right mind, can keep Maggette, Azubuikeand Williams -- and then re-sign Morrow this summer. Particularly whenit will probably be another team offering Morrow a contract.

Ifthe Warriors have something up their sleeve with Maggette -- or ifAzubuike suddenly decides not to exercise his player option -- all betsare off. But until that happens, Morrow isn’t part of your future plans.

--

Don Nelson got a big win on Sunday-- well, big for him anyway -- against the Clippers, He now needs threewins in the Warriors’ final nine games to surpass Lenny Wilkens on theall-time wins list.

Whether it happens or not will likely bedecided during a stretch of four consecutive road games, starting nextSunday: at Toronto, at Washington, at Minnesota, at the L.A. Clippers.

TheRaptors are fading in a big way … the Warriors are better than theWizards and Timberwolves … and the Warriors just handled the Clipperslast night. Still, the Warriors are 5-30 away from Oracle Arena thisyear so you can’t just say they’ll win two or three of those.

The most critical game remaining, however, could be this Friday’s against the Knicks at Oracle Arena. For Nelson, it’s a must-win.

-- Matt Steinmetz

Originally Posted by BangDak

Luong, maybe its me but i like green better. jus' saying.

thanks for the avy paul! appreciate it!
It stays blue...Not a huge fan of green. I was gonna ask between blue or yellow...Blue is
smokin.gif
though.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

hey franchise...im curious to see how you display them?

pics of it on the wall/table/or however else you show'em off?
Everything is just in a pile in my room.
laugh.gif

When I get a house, I'll buy frames to display everything.

I'm really starting to think that the team should move the pick if they don't get a top 2. Try to package it with Maggette, if possible. Monta (according to what the writers are saying) is pretty easy to move, it's just the return value that's an issue. Steinmentz said that he believes the deal for Mayo will be revisited in the summer (minus Thabeet
smh.gif
). Curry/Mayo/Azubuike wouldn't be a bad 1,2,3. Curry and Mayo can both handle the ball (sorry Monta, you can't) and pass. Azubuike is a good defender that can handle most 3's and can size up with any 2 in the NBA.

I dont understand why Morrow is NOT in this teams long term plans. I mean, I know his skills are some what limited, and most of you guys hate him on here.....but there are few better shooters in the NBA.

I realize his D sucks....he cant handle the ball too well....but he is asked to do WAY more than he should be asked on this particular team. EVERY good team has a spot up shooter off the bench. PERIOD. I dont think there would be many better players in the entire NBA that can shoot like Morrow can. If the Warriors ask him to be simply that (a spot shooter off the bench), he will have a very successful career in the NBA. When we ask him to do too much (which we have all season long), his failures in other parts of his game will affect his confidence, and thus affect his only deadly weapon.

If we let Morrow go, he will catch on with a good NBA team and be a key component to that team as a deadeye off the bench. The problem with the Warriors is that we have so little talent on this team that we are forced to play Morrow in a way that does not suit his strengths. If we can get some good players in here, I see no reason why we shouldnt hold onto Morrow for the future.

that's just the issue...

we have no talent to baby or surround a luxury like a dead-eye shooter on our squad.

likelihood is that contenders will vie heavily for his services and really he deserves to be on a winner.

Back
Top Bottom