The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

The most important thing for Serena is that her mental game is getting better. Her game is still off but getting matches against Ana, Kerber, Woz, Stosur, etc will help her in new york.

With Novak and Murray playing terribly on the hard courts and Rafa probably not playing in the US Open Federer has another great shot at 18.

With Novak and Murray playing terribly on the hard courts and Rafa probably not playing in the US Open Federer has another great shot at 18.
I was pretty much about to post the same thing. I definitely think Federer should be considered the favorite at the U.S. Open. With Serena obviously being the favorite on the women's side, it'd be pretty cool to see both her and Fed win #18 next month.

Last edited:
https://es-la.facebook.com/Nadal

Siento anunciar que no podré participar en el US Open, torneo en el que en los últimos años he tenido muy buenos resultados. Entenderéis que es un momento duro para mi porque es un torneo que me encanta y en el que tengo muy buenos recuerdos, de los fans, de los partidos nocturnos, de tantas cosas. No me queda otra que aceptar que no puedo competir este año y como siempre trabajar para que cuando vuelva esté preparado de la mejor manera para competir. 

I am very sorry to announce I won’t be able to play at this year’s US Open a tournament on which I’ve played 3 consecutive finals in my last participations. I am sure you understand that it is a very tough moment for me since it is a tournament I love and where I have great memories from fans, the night matches, so many things… Not much more I can do right now, other than accept the situation and, as always in my case, work hard in order to be able to compete at the highest level once I am back.

I dunno about those Vapor Jordan 3s...too many logos. Nike Air on the back. Jordan on the tongue and RF logo? Seems too Bootleg "ish".

I think they should of done 1 logo if they wanted to make it work.

Also, that elephant print on the toe is going to be destroyed after 1 set. lol.

Pretty much bringing out the beasts on a shoe they otherwise wouldn't have given any %$&s about.  

laugh.gif

Pretty shocked that Nadal isn't participating... If Fed does end up winning the US Open, would Rafa drop to #3 in the rankings?

Although Djoko hasn't been playing well post-Wimbledon, I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back and at least makes it to the Final.

Last edited:
Pretty shocked that Nadal isn't participating... 
I'm not.  If you've been following, he pulled out of Cincy & Toronto just prior to the start of Cincy citing ligament damage in his right wrist.  That was around 3 weeks to the start of the USO... so with almost no hard-court prep on a wrist that may not be 100%, playing the USO was always gonna be a long-shot.  Unfortunate, but I think it's a sensible decision in the long run.  That's 4000 points he wasn't able to defend which is a shame.  He's still got the Asian swing and DC to look forward to though.  The guy's been very unlucky with injuries, no doubt.  Tough year for wrists in tennis overall.  

Anyway...

Last edited:

Pretty shocked that Nadal isn't participating... 
I'm not.  If you've been following, he pulled out of Cincy & Toronto just prior to the start of Cincy citing ligament damage in his right wrist.  That was around 3 weeks to the start of the USO... so with almost no hard-court prep on a wrist that may not be 100%, playing the USO was always gonna be a long-shot.  Unfortunate, but I think it's a sensible decision in the long run.  That's 4000 points he wasn't able to defend which is a shame.  He's still got the Asian swing and DC to look forward to though.  The guy's been very unlucky with injuries, no doubt.  Tough year for wrists in tennis overall.
...Been watching all the hard court tourneys these past few weeks, but other than knowing he had a wrist injury, I honestly haven't been paying close attention to any news regarding Rafa. I remember someone posting a video of him practicing recently, so I thought he'd was still planning to give it a go at the US Open. He's definitely making to right decision not to participate, though.

Rafa's health and playing style will be his downfall. He is hurt practically every year he's been a pro.

Back
Top Bottom