The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

^
Basically just shortening or combining first and last names. Can't think of many good tennis nicknames.

^
Basically just shortening or combining first and last names. Can't think of many good tennis nicknames.

I know, no creativity what so ever. What ever happened to the great nicknames like The Swiss Miss for Martina Hingis?

BG has some pretty corny nicknames though... 
laugh.gif

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/17/brad-gilbert-espn-tennis-nickname-list/1842859/

Last edited:
Are you guys ready for the USO?

Who do you guys have in both the men's and women's draw?

I'm going to go with Fed for the men's..

Not sure about who I'd pick on the women's side yet :lol:

Are you guys ready for the USO?

Who do you guys have in both the men's and women's draw?

I'm going to go with Fed for the men's..

Not sure about who I'd pick on the women's side yet :lol:
Tsonga from Nole's portion of the bracket. Raonic or Nishikori from Stan's part of the bracket. Ernie over Ferrer and Berdych. Dimitrov from Fed's quarter.

Flavia or Stosur from Serena's draw. Genie has the toughest draw IMO, taking her over Vika and Domi. Grace Min over Makarova in that portion of the draw. Sloane over Aga, and Masha over Boom Boom.

Yo, whatever's going on on CBS, Serena just had a few classic gif moments towards the fem dude who was interviewing her. Classic

Serena seems like such a douche bag as a sidenote
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Going for Serena & Fed. 18 Grand Slams for everybody.
I'm hoping for the same. Although Djoker's my favorite, I want Fed to win because of how great he has been playing. Last year's match between Serena and Vika was the first Grand Slam final I've watched, so I'd really like to see her defend her title. Like I've said before, it'd be pretty cool to see both of them win #18 at the same tournament.

I didn't know anything about tennis when I began watching it last year during the US Open, so I'm excited for it to start this time. I don't normal say this about Monday's, but I can't wait for tomorrow.
happy.gif

Last edited:
Sabine and Maria more than likely to meet in R2, hate it when this happens 
frown.gif

Guess I have to look at it as "glass half full"... at least one of my girls will go through.

Gonna have to go with Novak & Serena as the faves, but outside of them, I also suspect Dimitrov & Halep to have very good runs.

Last edited:
Good start to the Milos train. I feel Raonic and Nishikori are always in the same draw for Majors.

Legend of Nick Kyrgios grows. Surprised he upset Youz considering just derailed Tsonga in Cincy. 26 aces and 68 winners for Nick.

Back
Top Bottom