The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Anybody know if Simona is in a relationship
nerd.gif
Not sure. But if its meant to be its meant to be. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take! 

Rafa's out!!! 
eek.gif
frown.gif

Left wrist injury that's been bothering him... that guy and injuries... FFS. 

Rafa's future is looking pretty bleak. Given his age, grinding playing style and the injuries it will be tough for him going forward.

Rafa's future is looking pretty bleak. Given his age, grinding playing style and the injuries it will be tough for him going forward.

Yea it's been years of being constantly banged up now.

His peak though > *

Most athletic player I've seen.

I've always thought that Rafa needed someone on his team to save him from himself sometimes. Uncle Tony sure didn't.

The coverage sucks. FO IS THE WORST GRAND SLAM. MOST OF THE SERENA Tiebreak wasn't even televised due to some power outage or some ****.

Djokovic the best ever? Pretty sure I just heard that on the NBC broadcast. Interesting.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm a majors only watcher and even that's somewhat sparing, but I just figured he was next in line. Great, but best ever never crossed my mind, honestly.

Good to know. :lol:

Now that Rafa's career is in its twilight, what do you guys think of Djoko?

Will he finally flourish? He's a very underrated player and honestly deserves some more shine/titles.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Djokovic the best ever? Pretty sure I just heard that on the NBC broadcast. Interesting.

I mean hed smoke the guys of past, def. He is a mental ****** at times but no denying of the skill. Probablt greatest yet I see a guy like Wawarinka as technically better, but showing up each day matters when you consider greatest

I hate goat discussions as you can tell lol. Im a gambler so it is a blank spot to me

Klay Nishikori.
frown.gif

Serena vs. Svitolina could be interesting tomorrow with Henin being on the latter's team.
grin.gif

Serena needs to up her level against Elina. She played like trash against Mladenovic with all the missed BP opportunities. She has a golden opportunity with her draw but her nerves are still troublesome. Elina has confidence not necessarily from Henin but from beating Anna in the last round and playing Serena tough at last year's Oz Open.

Serena needs to up her level against Elina. She played like trash against Mladenovic with all the missed BP opportunities. She has a golden opportunity with her draw but her nerves are still troublesome. Elina has confidence not necessarily from Henin but from beating Anna in the last round and playing Serena tough at last year's Oz Open.
Svitolina was pretty trash too tbh, Ivanovic was just HORRIBLE (her mind is not in the right place with her marriage coming up). Svitolina has been pretty bad this clay season, just had a really easy draw thus far. Hopefully Serena steps it up because in this form, Muguruza would destroy her if they met in the finals. 
Am I the only one who can't wait until this is over and Wimbledon begins?
Not at all; this has been a very underwhelming major. The rain delays have been horrible, was a complete game changer in the Nishikori-Gasquet match. Then you have all the injuries from Fed, Nadal, Tsonga, Raonic, etc paving the way for guys like Granollers and Ramos advancing deep in the tourney. Only way to save this tourney is for a Wawa-Djoker rematch classic. 

Back
Top Bottom