The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

rafa getting washed smh... i knew it would be a tough matchup since he was doing work against rafa in the french and this is a different surface which is not rafa strength... it doesnt help that its humid AF in NYC right now

Jeez...

What a, for a lack of a better term, epic marathon of a match :sick::sick:

Rafa pulling through like the champion he is :pimp::pimp:

Might've been one of the toughest matches of his career

Thiem's future has never looked brighter though,dude has got next after the big 4 phase out

great match,,,,, now nadal next match is on friday, lol..... normally all these matches would be jumbled up , but dude is a warrior.....

Tie-breaks in the fifth set suck

You’d rather it go 18-16 in the fifth? Serious question.

The winner would be destroyed for the next match.

I’m all for 5th set tie breaks. It gives the winner a chance at the next round. Especially when the top guys are well into their 30’s.

I would prefer them to play until a certain limit of games is reached. For example, let them play until it's 12-12 in the fifth set. If, at that this point no player has achieved a break and win 12-10, let them play a match tie-break.

Tie-break in the fifth set should go until 10 points, not 7.

I bet, that Nadal will still beat Delpo in a maximum of 4 sets.

DE6AFE95-665C-4788-8B15-6DA9BE0948C4.jpeg

:rofl: girl got moped up 6-4 / 6-3 and saying that

^ Pliskova talked that BS before the Serena match
Then she gets washed 6-4, 6-3
Once Serena settled in, it was a wrap for Pliskova

Also, Osaka is one to watch for

Stating the obvious, but the US Open crowd is so damn irritating. Just shut up already!

Especially last night. Those drunk "bros" towards the end :stoneface:

im happy rafa won... i went to sleep after the 4th set and knew i had to get sleep since i get up early for work... the 5th set sounds like it was crazy... i didnt even think rafa had a shot after that donut in the first set

im hoping that millman can beat novak but i doubt it

Stating the obvious, but the US Open crowd is so damn irritating. Just shut up already!

Especially last night. Those drunk "bros" towards the end :stoneface:
This was really annoying in-person. I like that the crowd has energy, but it was getting ridiculous.

This was really annoying in-person. I like that the crowd has energy, but it was getting ridiculous.

I can imagine how bad it was in person, if I was getting irritated from the comfort of my living room. Hearing the chair umpire have to say "Please, thank you" every 30 seconds to make people shut up :lol: :smh: Every year it seems like the US Open fans are the worst behaved.

Serena looked like crap to start the match. The crowd truly was willing her on and I do think it helped her turn things around.

im happy rafa won... i went to sleep after the 4th set and knew i had to get sleep since i get up early for work... the 5th set sounds like it was crazy... i didnt even think rafa had a shot after that donut in the first set

im hoping that millman can beat novak but i doubt it

PLEASE!

tumblr_ngpmiltr7A1tkxmvbo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom