The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Highlights of the match so far are wild

Thiem seems to be gettin tired though

Nadal with a few or forced errors early on

rafa so dramatic with the win... always falling to the ground on his back like he got shot when he wins lol... glad he won though... its like tradition for him like a birthday every year... kinda take it for granted just pure greatness...im happy its over now i can leave and order my pizza

53C0DA3F-C36F-4CAB-AE14-E6F2EC39175A.jpeg
412EEE0D-40FE-4BEE-B172-823F0A1254A0.jpeg

Extremely happy for Rafa on a personal level. Securing #12 was no easy feat. Favorite player of all time, along with “Guga” and Michael Chang. He was honestly looking vulnerable this clay court season. Madrid Open, por ejemplo.

Lost out financially but it’s OK. Took Thiem at +750 to win it all prior to his semi vs. “Nole.”

^
What if I told you he was taking Wimbledon.

Nike is slacking with Rafa gear. I picked up the "La Decima" shirt two years ago and the blue 11 shirt last year. This year, nothing.

that might be true but winning the french almost every year and having 18 majors is still impressive

It definitely is impressive. Him, Djoker, and Fed have kept most players of this current gen from winning majors. Andy is the 4th wheel and he only has 3. I would just like to see him switch up his game more when he plays on the grass and hardcourts.

That top spin doesn't look the same on grass when it just pops up in a players sweet spot to rip a forehand or backhand up the line.

Back
Top Bottom