The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

They were made for tennis 20 years ago. You'll get laughed off the court in those Bo Jacksons in this day and age.
you think so? technology ain't changed that much, I still got friends wearing some Challenges out there

You are probably right though, any shoes you'd recommend that are good for tennis? all the ones I can find are honestly just butt ugly. 

you think so? technology ain't changed that much, I still got friends wearing some Challenges out there

You are probably right though, any shoes you'd recommend that are good for tennis? all the ones I can find are honestly just butt ugly. 

You can wear whatever shoes you want if you're playing for fun but for performance you're not going to find a "swaggy" shoe that you appear to be looking for. Rafa's shoes aren't that bad.

Great drama and subplots in the match... 
laugh.gif

Madison showed more heart down 1-5 than Sloane has shown her entire career. Sloane is a clown that started running her mouth thinking she was awesome but her mouth wrote checks her game couldn't cash.

lol , I'm glad I'm not the only person to really see Sloane

They were made for tennis 20 years ago. You'll get laughed off the court in those Bo Jacksons in this day and age.

First off, I need to ask you... how serious are you about playing tennis?  If you really want to get into it, then by all means, get some proper tennis performance shoes.  There are a bunch of brands... if you don't like the Nike ones, Adidas, Babolat, Asics, NB all have good, proper, tennis shoes.

Check out...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tennis_Shoes.html

But no, tennis shoe tech has evolved quite a bit over the past 20 years.  It's like saying AM90s are an equal performance product to, say, a pair of Flyknit Lunars... which is not true.  You can probably get away with playing in ATC2's, but ultimately, current-day tennis shoes are much more durable, have better breathe-ability and are much more stable than ATC2's.  

And no... I wouldn't want to play in the Bo's... I'm sure you can, as they are still "cross-trainers", but they look heavy and bulky... 

Also... do your feet a favor and don't play in Free's... not much lateral stabilty, the outsoles are too soft and the durability will be crap... they're just not made for tennis.  You'd be better off playing in basketball shoes cuz the movement is very similar.  

Last edited:
^^Agree. You can try out the Bojax if you wish. But you may start wanting something lighter and even more breathable in the warmer months.

You can go the basketball shoes route. I do. I have a pair of Reebok Kamikaze 2 lows that I play in from time to time as well as some older Jordan Super.Fly...Yes Jordans on the court. LOL. Although the durability isn't there with the Super.fly...well for the outsole. The upper has been holding up real well. I try to look for reviews for outdoor hoop shoes to see which ones I can pick up to play some tennis in. (for a low price.)

These are the exact colorways.

View media item 1376040
View media item 1376043
I do have some Air Max Ballistec 4.3 and scooped a pair of the Lunarballistecs during the last Nike clearance sale.

I had babolat Propulse 3s. They were cool, but my knees and legs really felt it after a grueling match.

Thinking of trying out the new K-Swiss Hypercourt Express.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the responses. I definitely won't go with the Bojax -- I honestly just wasn't sure what would be good or bad on the court. 

I'll look at some outdoor basketball shoes for sure. I **** with KDs a lot, but those are probably not particularly well made for tennis, right? Would crosstrainer shoes work? Like the Lunar TR1 or anything of that ilk. 

^ I say BBall shoes work cuz the overall movement is very similar... lateral movement, explosive sprinting, back pedaling, etc... is all done in tennis.  The only factor would be durability cuz court sports will probably wear down your shoes faster than a hardwood-floor.  Outdoor hoops might work cuz it should be more durable.  Obvs tradeoff is the weight, of course.  That's why we've seen guys like Gary Payton and John Stockton play in tennis shoes.  

I don't see why your KD's wouldn't work.  

Current-day crosstrainers wouldn't work in my opinion cuz I think they're more for training in gym rather than various sports.  Trainers in the 90's works cuz they were made for actual sports... you could actually play tennis, hoops, run in trainers back then.  

Anyway... Nole vs Stan! 

Thank goodness this is coming to an end... it's been horrific...

+100 unforced errors combined... media outlets better not spin this as a 5-set epic, cuz it wasn't... nowhere near. 

Look at that ball pocketing on Serena's racket. Nice shot.

I have no idea to who to root for in the Men's final....But I guess I'll side with Kim Sears. I'm hoping she does some trash talking towards Nole's way like she did with Berdych.

Last edited:
I feel asleep during the fourth set, but yeah, that was really painful to watch.
mean.gif

I don't think Djokovic had any game plan whatsoever. It was nice to see him try to mix it up with some serve and volleying, but he kept missing everything... It felt like he was stubbornly attacking Stan's backhand, though the latter was dictating a lot of the play. Nole was really lucky that all those unforced errors started piling up for Wawrinka in that third set, or else he would not have came out with the victory. The Stanimal lost, but he really pushed Djoker to exhaustion in that match.

I'm extremely hyped for Williams/Sharapova tonight. I just hope all those losing streaks that were broken in the men's draw don't carry over to the women's side. Hopefully Serena's cold is gone as well.

Last edited:
Anyone else miss the days when the Australian Open finals were played during the day in Australia? Nothing beat chilling at home on a Friday night in the States to watch the women's final or watching the men's final Saturday night. It's tough getting up early or staying up late to watch the final.

I am hoping Serena gets the win but if she doesn't it is no big deal. Maria needs this win desperately.

Back
Top Bottom