The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Couldn’t watch their match because spectrum and Disney suck, it looks like TayLah choked again smh.

that was a real easy first set for shelton
basically taking crowd support from tiafoe
he's going to be seeded in the top 10 in no time

Been to the open 3 times and on 2 of the occasions it was like the hottest days of the summer in New York. It’s gross being in the crowd. Can’t imagine playing for hours out there :lol:

I went in 2019 when Rafa won that year... was watching him in 3rd or 4th round I forget... but yes it was humid AF that Saturday...just sitting there I was hot but it helped a little bit I had a cold beverage... I can only imagine what the players go through

Medvedev is right. Someone could easily die in these playing conditions. It’s 2023, close the room and turn the damn AC on. Makes it better for everyone including fans.
Nah, **** that.

There's no guarantee that you're going to have perfect conditions in tennis. This isn't basketball. There are players that routinely gas out in hot, humid conditions, and there are players that don't. No need to punish the ones that are better prepared.

Coco is punishing Muchova whenever she comes to the net. If she takes away the serve and volley and forces her to play from the baseline, things could get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom