||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Listened to this mixtape a few times through. I'm a huge Wiz fan, but damn this tape is just boring to me. It's cool to light something up to and vibe to, but thats about it.

I kind of share a similar opinion honestly. The tape is more along the lines of his roots which is what I was hoping for. But after spinning this thru a few times I've just come to the epiphany that I've outgrown his particular brand of music. I wasn't a fan of him abandoning his roots w/ Rolling Papers but now It seems like he just hasn't figured out to evolve as an artist. In short...I like this tape because it's mood music. I just don't see any growth. 
P.S - I like this better than Cabin Fever which I thought got old quick.

MIA WALLACE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In a few months i will be comparing this to KushxOJ.. He has the same vibe the production on this may even be superior, Any fan of wiz should absolutely love this tape.

He uses a few different flows, the lil interview throughout also helps keep the mixtape flowing

Not to mention its CLEAR as day that wiz saw A$ap Rocky possibly cutting into his OG fanbase, and decided he had to turn up. Listen to tracks 1-7 and tell me that these don't have C&S me please ALL over the track

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

You mean Sledgren is getting better.I don't even think Cardo was on this.Tape was pretty cool esp Never Been pt.2 (but im tired of ___'s only putting 2 verses on songs (O_O). Think he basically wanted to prove to his fans he ain't lose his touch.Def looking fwd to that O.N.I.C album
Cardo's on 4 tracks.

wiz-khalifa-taylor-back.jpg

sledge been better than cardo but bruh only got 1.5 tracks 
roll.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
im bugging.what was I thinking, my mistake. Sledgren did kill that track and Cardo def getting better

this joint is too smooth
pimp.gif

I have no complaints except for that one song where he's singing
sick.gif
, subject matter ain't never gonna change. Wiz just isn't that kinda rapper, it's gonna be weed and money until he can't think of any more ways to rap about it

not topping Kush and OJ but it's still pretty good

Kush and OJ > Flight School > Taylor Allderdice > Cabin Fever

maybe if i could blayz id like it better. damn you probation. wont be able to REALLY listen to this until July. SMH

i dont understand why everyone thinks kush and oj is soo good. cabin fever is by farrrrrrrrrrr his best and its only 9 songs.

Here is how my order goes

1. Kush & OJ
2. FlightSchool
3. POTC2
4. Burn After Rolling
5. Deal Or No Deal
6. Star Power
7. Taylor Allderdice
8. Rolling Papers
9. Cabin Fever
10. POTC1

Does anyone elses version of Taylor Allderdice just skip/repeat everywhere?. I def didnt have that interview at the end of my Nameless

I am really trying to give this a fair listen... but it's difficult... three tracks in and already nothing but traveling, shopping and weed references...
And thanks, Wiz, for dropping these little monologues of wisdom in-between 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

I am really trying to give this a fair listen... but it's difficult... three tracks in and already nothing but traveling, shopping and weed references...
And thanks, Wiz, for dropping these little monologues of wisdom in-between 
indifferent.gif
If it counts for anything, I HATE the first 3 tracks. Guilty Conscience 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 and the rest onward was 
pimp.gif

"I'm still inspired by the same things... just life. I always observe everything around me... and I never really think about *$@+"
what? 
indifferent.gif
 this guy is ******ed

Big Wiz fan.  I was hype for this when he admitted that RP was a mistake and that he would go back to his old style. But this joint disappointed me. Its just boring to me. I liked the 3 tracks that leaked before the tape. Mary 3x, My fav song and California. The only new tracks Im feeling after 4 listens are TAP, Guilty Conscience and Number 16. Never Been 2 is cool too but I coulda did without Amber. Wiz gets over on his hooks and flows but I cant think of one where track where I went damn 
eek.gif
 he's going in. Taylor Gang is wack too. Juicy is the only one tolerable. I cant see how yall can even compare this to KnOJ. 

Its a move in the right direction but he's just not there yet. 

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

"I'm still inspired by the same things... just life. I always observe everything around me... and I never really think about *$@+"
what? 
indifferent.gif
 this guy is ******ed
laugh.gif
roll.gif
He may as well should've said "I gets bunz...foreveralone"

The production is real solid. That's probably the best thing I can say about this tape. I'm not gonna call it wack, but I guess I ain't feeling Wiz music like I used too. I'll give it more time though.

wiz don't give slegdren any shine these days
30t6p3b.gif
.....1 track.....dude wasn't even on his album either

Back
Top Bottom