The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Carver what did you trade in?
I traded in one of my old slim ps3.. I also have the newer slimmer slimmer ones 
laugh.gif
 just sold the one that was in my room kept the living room one
Trying to get rid of my 360 wondering how much i will get
mm depending on what kind of 360 it is you should get a decent amount.. with the +50%

Releasing in January don't eem sound right.. they would not release it that far behind the xbone. I thought they were planning on releasing ahead of the One.. 

will wait for official release date from Sony 

Yea, bids are going for 3-4 times what I have. Rather than a highest bid system, if they did a prizes for specific amounts (a free game for 1000 trophies or something) that would be cool.

There is a way to pick out some cheaters... PSN Profiles has an algorithm that is constantly kicking people out of their list.

word like bronze trophys get you some low tier sony good like shirts and stuff while the platinums get you something insane. till this day i havent even gotten one plat yet :smh: :rofl:

I got the one with the touch buttons and a 250gb hard drive... Gonna take mines up there today

I reserved a launch day bundle and haven't gotten an email at all
i take it back I got an email but it was when I very first ordered my console and they said they were preparing for shipping with an expected date of december 31

Just pre ordered the BF4 bundle with the one year of of PS+ . Got my confirmation email so I'm good hopefully .

Last edited:
One last question before I complete my pre-order, is PS3's PS plus going to be compatible w/ the PS4? Can I purchase the $17 or $50 subscription?

Is there a video out there that shows what this vita and ps4 can do together?

Remote Play works by downscaling the 1080p framebuffer to the Vita's native 960x544 resolution, using the PS4's in-built hardware h.264 video encoder to compress the image. This is then beamed out over WiFi to the Vita, which decodes the video and sends back controller inputs to the PlayStation 4. It's effectively OnLive cloud streaming technology relocated to the home - the difference being that image quality issues can be resolved through much higher-bandwidth video, while input latency is cut down considerably owing to the localised nature of the network.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-mandates-vita-remote-play-for-ps4-games

Sony's also made it mandatory for all games that don't use the camera to have vita specific control when using remote play so most games will be supported.

This was also said in the developer's conference but no one knows exactly what it means but we'll find out next month hopefully.

12. Seamless Remote Play
The PS4 implementation of Remote Play should be much smoother than PS3's thanks to the built-in video chip, which means there's no performance overhead for the game itself – plus the Gakiai technology is used from streaming so it's apparently very low latency. According to Brown, PS4 also allows up to four players to log in to the same console at once – and all saved games are bound to the user not the device.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jul/15/ps4-develop-2013-playstation-sony

STILL CONFUSED IF I SHOULD GET BF4 ON PS4 OR XBONE......

PS4 WILL BE OUT BEFORE XBONE AND I WILL WANT TO PLAY IMMEDIATELY BUT I WOULD PREFER TO PLAY FPS GAMES OVER XBOX LIVE :\

One last question before I complete my pre-order, is PS3's PS plus going to be compatible w/ the PS4? Can I purchase the $17 or $50 subscription?

Yes your PS+ subscribtion works for PS3, PS4 and Vita so you can download every free game every month for any platform.

PS4 WILL BE OUT BEFORE XBONE AND I WILL WANT TO PLAY IMMEDIATELY BUT I WOULD PREFER TO PLAY FPS GAMES OVER XBOX LIVE :\

I THINK UNTIL WE SEE BOTH ONLINE ECOSYSTEMS IN ACTION, ITS HARD TO COMPARE THEM. YOU ARE DRAWING YOUR CONCLUSIONS OFF OF LAST GEN. WITH SONY NOW CHARGING FOR THEIR SERVICE, THERE SHOULD BE MORE PARITY BETWEEN THE TWO.

yo since the ps4s software is almost on point with the PCs. is it possible to integrate both for online play? like ps4 vs pc warframe servers and shhhh

I THINK UNTIL WE SEE BOTH ONLINE ECOSYSTEMS IN ACTION, ITS HARD TO COMPARE THEM. YOU ARE DRAWING YOUR CONCLUSIONS OFF OF LAST GEN. WITH SONY NOW CHARGING FOR THEIR SERVICE, THERE SHOULD BE MORE PARITY BETWEEN THE TWO.

THIS IS TRUE BUT THEN THAT WOULD STILL LEAVE ME WITH THE DILEMMA THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE PRAISE ARTICLES SAY, THE STICK PLACEMENT ON THE DUAL SHOCK IS NOT IDEAL FOR ME FOR FPS. XBOX CONTROLLER IS WAY BETTER TO ME. I GUESS YOUR POINT ABOUT PSN BEING BETTER THIS GEN BECAUSE IT'S NOW A PAID SERVICE IS KEEPING IT IN THE GAME. IF THIS IS INDEED TRUE AND THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY IS ON PS4 THIS GEN THEN THAT'S WHERE I WILL WANT TO PLAY. I'LL HAVE TO JUST GET OVER THE CONTROLLER :lol: .

I GUESS WE WILL SEE.

What about the fact that hands-on impressions of the DS4 have been overwhelmingly positive?

What about the fact that hands-on impressions of the DS4 have been overwhelmingly positive?

IT'S ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE FOR ME. I DON'T DOUBT PEOPLE LOVE IT. HELL, I DON'T DOUBT I'M GOING TO LOVE IT FOR NON-FPS GAMES. CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY MGS 5 WITH IT.

yo since the ps4s software is almost on point with the PCs. is it possible to integrate both for online play? like ps4 vs pc warframe servers and shhhh

Yup it can and will be done

FFXIV has been confirmed for cross-play between PS3, PS4 and PC
Warframe has also been confirmed to have cross play between PS4 and PC.

PS3 did it with Portal 2 and and even the Vita did it with Phantasy Star online 2 but it's going to be more common with the PS4 with the similar architectures.

THIS IS TRUE BUT THEN THAT WOULD STILL LEAVE ME WITH THE DILEMMA THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE PRAISE ARTICLES SAY, THE STICK PLACEMENT ON THE DUAL SHOCK IS NOT IDEAL FOR ME FOR FPS. XBOX CONTROLLER IS WAY BETTER TO ME. I GUESS YOUR POINT ABOUT PSN BEING BETTER THIS GEN BECAUSE IT'S NOW A PAID SERVICE IS KEEPING IT IN THE GAME. IF THIS IS INDEED TRUE AND THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY IS ON PS4 THIS GEN THEN THAT'S WHERE I WILL WANT TO PLAY. I'LL HAVE TO JUST GET OVER THE CONTROLLER :lol: .

I GUESS WE WILL SEE.

THE ANALOG STICK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE XBOX CONTROLLER IS SET LOWER THOUGH. I PREFER THE PARALLEL, SYMMETRICAL, ALIGNED, OR WHATEVER PEOPLE WANT TO CALL IT, ANALOG STICKS ON THE PLAYSTATION PAD FOR EVERYTHING, EVEN SHOOTERS. MY THUMBS AREN'T ATTACHED TO MY INDEX FINGER AND NATURALLY THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN THE THUMB AND THE INDEX WHEN I REST MY HAND. WE PROBABLY PREFER THE STICKS ONE WAY OVER THE OTHER JUST BECAUSE WE'VE USED THEM A CERTAIN WAY FOR A LONG TIME. IF YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING ONE WAY, IT'S PROBABLY EASIER TO JUST GET THE XBOX ONE VERSION.

MY GRIEVANCE WITH THE PLAYSTATION PAD FOR SHOOTERS AND RACING GAMES HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE PRESSURE SENSITIVE R2 AND L2. I LOVE PLAYSTATION AND HAVE A BIAS TOWARDS IT OVER OTHER PLATFORMS, BUT THE PS3 R2/L2 BUTTONS ARE AWFUL.

Back
Top Bottom