The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

those killzone graphics look cool, but I know that I'll most likely not like the game from my past killzone experiences.

I know there's only a few of us on here, but here's a new Knack trailer from Gamescom for the Knack fans.

Last edited:
Man I'm really unimpressed with the graphics...not even close to the leap from PS2 to PS3.

You must not remember PS2 to PS3... We didn't start getting OMG graphics until year 2 at best. Most launch games have been in development for a while using current gen equipment.

Man I'm really unimpressed with the graphics...not even close to the leap from PS2 to PS3.

You must not remember PS2 to PS3... We didn't start getting OMG graphics until year 2 at best. Most launch games have been in development for a while using current gen equipment.

That and there's no 480p-to-720/1080p-like jump with this next gen.

Yea that is what I think.

When it went from...

Ps2 to ps3 and most went from Standard to HD that's why the difference seems so big.

I think this gen is going to be more about all the stuff that can be in the screen. It's just seems its going to be a lot going on.

More than ever before.

Finally a release date! First thing i'm doing at work in the morning is putting in pto for the 15th. :smokin

Yea that is what I think.

When it went from...

Ps2 to ps3 and most went from Standard to HD that's why the difference seems so big.

I think this gen is going to be more about all the stuff that can be in the screen. It's just seems its going to be a lot going on.

More than ever before.

This. Most stuff this gen showcases enhance A.I. more things going on in the game.

IGN analysis of the UI.

EDIT: Here's a better view of Shu using the UI from PlayStation's official YT channel.

Last edited:
Last edited:
graphics cards havent really evolved sine 2005/6 and dev pipelines havent really evolved since mid gen

youre getting things now like physics based rendering pipelines but we're still using rasterization to render more polygons and more particles with prettier pixels

sony claims at 10x increase in power while ps2-ps3 was something like 30x

games look very good as is but the graphics jump yall are expecting isnt coming without some kind of break through in gpu technology

intel failed with larrabee and the world decided it didnt want cell so here we are with a 2005 gpu with 5 years of improvements

Last edited:
aren't most current gen games not even 1080p?

I read some article years ago that stated that most games don't run at a native 1080p.

Is this still true?

aren't most current gen games not even 1080p?
I read some article years ago that stated that most games don't run at a native 1080p.
Is this still true?

it says 1080p on the box but my ps3 changes to 720p when the game starts up. i think they run 1080p but it isnt as smooth as 720p. but im not sure. Im sure hybrid knows this answer

DA UI IS 
pimp.gif

m.joystiq.com/2013/08/20/wal-mart-opening-up-pre-orders-for-xbox-one-and-ps4-on-august-24/

Anybody that needs to pre order, walmart will hold it for you till december and let you pay it off till then.

Last edited:
Anyone know of when we can expect delivery of the Standard Edition pre-ordered from Amazon?

I could have sworn that I preordered the launch edition back in June. However, when I checked my open orders it says its the Standard. I'm perfectly fine with that. I just know i'll be pretty bitter if I have to wait weeks/months for it.

Yes I'm aware there are still places where you can preorder the launch edition. However, Amazon has always been my preferred place to shop (Prime, customer service, you don't get charged until it ships)

Anyone know of when we can expect delivery of the Standard Edition pre-ordered from Amazon?

I could have sworn that I preordered the launch edition back in June. However, when I checked my open orders it says its the Standard. I'm perfectly fine with that. I just know i'll be pretty bitter if I have to wait weeks/months for it.

Yes I'm aware there are still places where you can preorder the launch edition. However, Amazon has always been my preferred place to shop (Prime, customer service, you don't get charged until it ships)

good luck.. hope your able to get it on time.. Can you lead in which direction to pre order a launch edition online tonight. thanks in advance :smokin

Back
Top Bottom