The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

New pick-up...

34177389245_dcac1e2ab6_c.jpg
Damn you

Makes me regret buying digital.

OW competitive makes my head hurt sometimes.

I went from 3700 to 3500 in like 5 games because of ppl leaving games, :x

Looks like it's time for Persona 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h1]Interactive Crime Film Late Shift Out Now on PS4[/h1]

Make more than 180 decisions to guide this underworld thriller towards one of seven endings.

Introducing Late Shift, a cinematic FMV crime thriller with branching storylines. Written by Michael R. Johnson, the author of the 2009 film Sherlock Holmes, Late Shift arrives on PS4 this April.

The game features more than 180 decisions in total, and however big or small they may seem, any one of them could be the turning point, sending you off on a different branch of the story. Some players may reveal harder to reach endings, some may make friends or enemies along the way, and some may even play different chapters because of a series of choices which are evaluated at key points in the game. You’ll have mere seconds to make your decisions as the film seamlessly continues to roll with no pauses and no looping footage.

Developed by CtrlMovie and shot in full HD across London, Late Shift’s cinematic experience blends the line between movies, games, and interactive storytelling.

You won’t have to wait long as the game lands on PS4 this April. Thank you all for reading and please do leave your comments below!

View media item 2413245
View media item 2413246

^^^ Heard they dropped the ball on it because although the movie is shot well the decisions you make barely effect the outcome.
Was looking at it earlier it's on sale for $10 right now.

^^^ Heard they dropped the ball on it because although the movie is shot well the decisions you make barely effect the outcome.
Was looking at it earlier it's on sale for $10 right now.

There are probably filler decisions since there's only 7 endings but is that any different to the David Cage games or Until Dawn?

I haven't played any so I don't know.

There are probably filler decisions since there's only 7 endings but is that any different to the David Cage games or Until Dawn?

I haven't played any so I don't know.

Until Dawn loses it's replay value for sure after beating it once or twice but you still have character control and the initial experience is amazing. From what I read this is just a pick the next scene movie. And even if you sabotage the character it still follows similar pathways as if you did'nt. $10 ain't bad though for the experience but does'nt seem like much of a "game".

Until Dawn loses it's replay value for sure after beating it once or twice but you still have character control and the initial experience is amazing. From what I read this is just a pick the next scene movie. And even if you sabotage the character it still follows similar pathways as if you did'nt. $10 ain't bad though for the experience but does'nt seem like much of a "game".
yeah its kinda interesting to see what happens to each character if you get them killed and there are minor changes to the story if certain characters aren't alive. it does lose its replay value tho but thats just what happens with those types of games once you've experienced it the first or second time

OW competitive makes my head hurt sometimes.

I went from 3700 to 3500 in like 5 games because of ppl leaving games, :x

Looks like it's time for Persona 5.

Agreed. I think I'm gonna take a break from Comp until the next season. It's just not worth it rn.

I hate the idea that I can't sell something I "own".  
You might very well not end up owning something you "own" as well:

TMNT 1989 Arcade game

Turtles in Time remake

Simpsons Arcade game

X-Men Arcade game

Double Dragon Arcade

Smash TV Arcade

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

All gone from the Xbox Live Arcade marketplace and can't be bought again. If you bought them in time and your console breaks down, you can re-download them via your download history, but I've heard that you can't even do that for some of these delisted games. And this isn't even that long ago, only over the last decade. That's why I don't understand the hype about digital downloads. They are more convenient, but that's about the only advantage they have over physical.

Are you sure you can't download those games?Digital is just more convenient for me. I hate getting up to swap discs. The download file is going to be the same size. Also discs seems to make my PS4 loud. I'm only buying discs if it's dirt cheap or if I know I'm gonna want to trade it in.

Are you sure you can't download those games? Digital is just more convenient for me. I hate getting up to swap discs. The download file is going to be the same size. Also discs seems to make my PS4 loud. I'm only buying discs if it's dirt cheap or if I know I'm gonna want to trade it in.
I'm sure that you can't buy them today as a new user, yes. I'm not sure how many you can re-download if you bought them before and your console broke down and you want to download them again. I've read that it's the case with at least some delisted games. There was actually a physical release of a code voucher for Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on PS3:

They can still be bought sealed with unused codes, but they've been going for hundreds of dollars on eBay because it's not available on PSN anymore. I can see that one has been sold for $395 a couple of months ago.

I'm not sure why the PS4 needs to be loud with discs inside, because the discs get installed on the hard drive anyway. It would be nice if they just ran off the hard drive quietly, and the physical discs were just an installation/verification device.

Last edited:
Played HZD for the first time in a while yesterday. Got the OP armor and did a bunch of the higher XP sidequests. Man the fully upgraded fire arrows (3 ~41% fire coils) are sooooooo overpowered. Makes corruption zones and enemies weak to fire a joke when using that armor :lol:. Also made light work of a stormbird by hitting it with corruption arrows first then lighting it up.

The thing that makes it so OP is that against larger enemies you don't even need to cock it back all the way. Just rapid fire (no pun intended) and watch their health bar deplete.

Last edited:
haven't been big on gaming in years. think I'm gonna cop a PS4 Pro soon. need some game recommendations. whats the must-have shooting game that everyone's playing now?

Back
Top Bottom