The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm day one on Red Dead bruhs; they got me
wow.png

Very interested. I was going to buy the Vita version but forgot about it. I will be picking these up.
I’m going to watch a Let’s Play and see how the first, maybe first 2 hours play. I can’t be spending $100 on ports just for the hell of it. These games are easily 60+ hours. I’m excited about more JRPGs coming to PS4 though.

All-digital is stupid. Half of the Xbox Live Arcade games on my Xbox 360 are gone forever. I managed to download them while they were available, but if you want to buy them today, tough luck.

I remember the physical release of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (a case with a card that had the download code in it) for PS3 went for hundreds of dollars after the game was taken off the marketplace.

Even this generation, you have an awesome game like Transformers: Devastation that isn't available anymore. Or at least it wouldn't be if there weren't physical copies of it. I'm not even sure if you can re-download this game if you temporarily deleted it from your hard drive to free up some space.

Also, good luck with re-selling your digital-only games.

That was one of the reasons I switched to PS this generation, the fact that the morons at Microsoft were saying that you would need to verify your copy via an Internet connection, log in every 24 hours and crap like that.

Nobody is going to take the option of downloading the game away from you, if you prefer short term convenience over long term security. I just want both options to be available.

You bring up good points and as a long time video gamer I do like owning physical copies, but with the previous and current generation there's the problem of 'Day 1' patches/downloads.

Last edited:
I’m giving Spider-Man a 9.

I wasn’t a fan of playing with MJ and Miles. I also hope the sequel doesn’t focus too much on Miles being an alternate Spider-Man or anything crazy like that.
I didn't like how quick Peter revealed that he was Spider-Man. Sure, I get that it's an alternate universe, but still. Would've preferred Peter be surprised that there was another Spider-Man swinging around NY and then confront him.

MegaMan XI getting average reviews.

After playing the demo of it on the Nintendo Switch when it released weeks ago, I can say that those reviews are fairly accurate.

MM 11 had some interesting stuff adding in with the double gear system being introduced to the franchise.........HOWEVER, the execution of the double gear system was iffy at best.

It was a good that they didn't "force you" to use that double-gear system and left it as an option for players to use, BUT at the same time........the level design never gave an "incentive" to actual use the double-gear system to the point where you almost forgot that double-gear system existed whenever you died numerous times.

At the same time, I say that MM 11 didn't do enough in both the gameplay and level design to "revitalize the franchise" for non-hardcore Mega Man fans to start singing huge praises for this game and convince themselves that MM games should make a comeback.

I will say though.......it is nice that MM 11 decided to go back to the "movement set" of MM 7 and 8 this time around INSTEAD of that "nonsense throwback to OG MM 1 thur MM 6 movement set" that MM 9 and 10 used. Definitely enjoyed MM being able to charge up his Mega Buster and being able to slide again like in those former 2 Mega Man games.

So it getting average reviews once again, that is fairly accurate. It was interesting enough to not be a completely bad game (like Mighty No. 9), but the gameplay isn't incentivizing enough to make "non-hardcore Mega Man fans" to start coming back to the franchise with open arms. Good enough game for a DIE-HARD, HARDCORE Mega Man fan........but you ain't convincing my casual, non-caring *** to return to this MM franchise with this game, which is disappointing from someone that use to play both the OG Mega Man games and OG Mega X games back in the day as a kid.

Last edited:
I’m going to watch a Let’s Play and see how the first, maybe first 2 hours play. I can’t be spending $100 on ports just for the hell of it. These games are easily 60+ hours. I’m excited about more JRPGs coming to PS4 though.

Oh, I will be catching these on sale. I have 3 Star Ocean's sitting on my XMB I keeping telling myself are next on the schedule. :lol:

GTA V released Sept 17th 2013 then again Nov 18th 2014 for the next gen consoles

i bought it twice lol

I beat it on my PS3 and didn't feel like picking it up on PS4 the next year

I regret it now because the online is still going strong and I most likely would still be playing it

Yo... Ya'll really missing out if you haven't played Yakuza 6...game is fire

Always liked Yakuza.

Don’t know when I will get to Oddessy, Spider-Man, and RDR.

No way I’m getting RDR before I beat The Witcher plus DLC. Which is after I beat Horizon plus DLC and horizon getting that platinum treatment. And then platinum Bloodborne.

I also want to finish FF15 and Sleeping Dogs :smh:

Back
Top Bottom