The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Do you guys stream your races?
I don't personally but a lot of people on iRacing do their own personal streams on twitch and Facebook. And I run a few leagues that get broadcasted on YouTube.

I also was able to race my way into a 35 driver Pro series for dirt Sprint Cars that is sponsored by World of Outlaws and put on by iRacing. We're coming up on the end of the 10 week season right now. iRacing broadcasts it live. Here's last week's race. Skip to about 46 Mins for the main event.

Do you do mostly ovals or circuits? Tarmac or dirt?

F1 drivers Lando Norris and Max Verstappen also do a lot of iRacing (when they have time) and it's pretty cools seeing them bring their craft to the virtual world. Their consistency is impressive.

2023 for part 1 is absolutely incorrect.

Yes, it’s still being split into multiple games. Given that information you can deduce that it will be finishing up on an entirely other platform.

@NCtwin PM me your address so I can send you a care package.

Do you do mostly ovals or circuits? Tarmac or dirt?

F1 drivers Lando Norris and Max Verstappen also do a lot of iRacing (when they have time) and it's pretty cools seeing them bring their craft to the virtual world. Their consistency is impressive.
Mostly Dirt oval. It's what I kind of grew up around and have friends who race it so I'm drawn to it,also something I'm good at. Something about open wheel 900+ horsepower cars weighing around 1,200 lbs running inches from each other has always been impressive to me. My friend who raced real life in Indy and Nascar says 410 sprint cars are the most insane and exciting thing he's ever driven. And that's all he does now.

I actually got iRacing to run road course stuff like my local tracks of Sonoma and Laguna Seca that I have done open track day stuff at, but I just have way more fun racing oval stuff. The road coarse races get spread out after a lap or 2 and you're pretty much running time trials the rest of the race aside from the occasional encounter with another car.

2023 for part 1 is absolutely incorrect.

Yes, it’s still being split into multiple games. Given that information you can deduce that it will be finishing up on an entirely other platform.

@NCtwin PM me your address so I can send you a care package.
I was joking about 2023, kinda :lol:

I assume that it'll finish on another platform (PS5) but still be cross gen with PS4. If not, that would be really foul for people who bought the first part on PS4 and didn't have the funds to upgrade to PS5.

I was joking about 2023, kinda :lol:

I assume that it'll finish on another platform (PS5) but still be cross gen with PS4. If not, that would be really foul for people who bought the first part on PS4 and didn't have the funds to upgrade to PS5.
Maybe it'll be cross buy for a certain time so if you had the first (few?) part(s) on the ps4 you get them for free on ps5 when they come out on that platform. Would be nice for those who get it early.

Maybe it'll be cross buy for a certain time so if you had the first (few?) part(s) on the ps4 you get them for free on ps5 when they come out on that platform. Would be nice for those who get it early.
I doubt it. I remember some publishers charging $10 to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 on titles like CoD: Ghosts, BF4, etc. and that was only for a limited time, I think.

I doubt it. I remember some publishers charging $10 to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 on titles like CoD: Ghosts, BF4, etc. and that was only for a limited time, I think.
That sounds good too. As long as those who want to can do it for a discount of some sort.

20190516_155152.jpg
Just picked this up. Not even worried about the remake.

Yeah, I was all for the FF7 remake until I found out they're splitting it into episodes. No thanks, I'll stick with my OG.

They can remake every FF game except for 6 as far as I’m concerned. 6 is the GOAT :smokin

Oh it’ll be richer alright... for Square not us :lol:

They’re going to end up releasing the final episode on PS6.

Don’t really care for FF7 all that much, I just need whatever FF9 news it is that hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23 hinted at :nerd:
Well, I imagine that episode 1 is gonna encompass everything we did in midgar up until the point the group left the city. Now if they take the time to add NPC's walking around to make the city more alive, add things to do, buildings to go in, games to play, etc, all to expand on what we already know from the old game then that'll be great. The only problem that I see arising from this is maintaining the same level of detail for every other part that will come out. Aside from a few key places like Junon, Gold Saucer, Wutai, Cosmo Canyon, and the City of the Ancients a lot of places might not get the same level of detail that Midgar might. Not to mention I'm curious to see how we are gonna traverse the world map. If they keep WM traversal looking like the OG game, that'll be awesome. :lol:

I'm in the same boat as you on that last point. I don't care much for FF7 either and FF9 is my personal favorite in the series. It's my FF7 so to speak. :lol:
Now, if whatever hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23 was hinting at is anything like a remake of the game or something along those lines, you might have this 29yo man shed a tear or two like all those people who did when FF7R was first revealed all those years ago. :lol:

And the other 2 just came in.

20190516_184509.jpg
Dope. All black discs too? My local mom and pop store had a few of the OG black labels but I figured I'd just be hoarding at this point :lol:

We really need VIII to release on PS4 too. I have yet to beat that game. I never quite figured out the junction system and would always struggle. I made it to disc 4 and can't remember why I didn't finish.

I even bought 11 even though they shut off the servers. Just bought for the sake of the collection.

Back
Top Bottom