The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

They have a realistic mode where everything is removed. Including it markers
Yeah I played it and had more fun with that then I did the other stuff. It feels like the pace and flow that IW was originally pushing for. I was running through cats with ease in that mode

Feels like the same old, same old. Hope they remove the mini map when the game launches tho

I really don't see how anyone could enjoy playing without it.

This game seems like it caters more toward players who like to sit, wait, and watch. (Especially with the Field Upgrades, and how the maps are designed.) "Camp COD: Modern Warfare" :smh:

Last edited:
I really don't see how anyone could enjoy playing without it.

This game seems like it caters more toward players who like to sit, wait, and watch. (Especially with the Field Upgrades, and how the maps are designed.) "Camp COD: Modern Warfare" :smh:
I have rarely ran into anywhere near the level of camping that I’ve seen people complain about since playing the beta AT ALL. Hell I’ve been killed more by people running around jumpshooting around every corner and rushing than I have camping. And let’s not confuse camping with also holding power positions that are advantageous to your team (which was deliberate map design by IW).

I’ve been on the game’s reddit and forums but the complaints against it seemed like a huge reach. I like how much more careful you have to be in this game when it comes to running around and taking the extra care in moving around positions of interest on the map.

One of the key complaints I heard was many people wanting a mini map to know team positioning but I’ve never had an issue with knowing where my teammates were since they’re outlined anywhere on the map. I’ve also seen people saying to remove the compass and just add red dots back on the mini map. What a majority of people really want whether or not they like to admit is to have enemy location spoon fed to them like the other games have done so in the past, to the point that they can always charge in head first without thinking.

If im being honest, the mini map is a crutch for many people so they don’t have to care about spacial awareness. It gives players a sense of confidence to run and gun in to danger without thinking which I noticed much more with mini map being up. It was a nice change of pace for CoD to go back to a game where you can’t just run around acting like you’re Rambo which was a breath of fresh air in Realism. I didn’t have to camp to get kills at all but having some semblance of patience goes a long way in this game

Fortunately my wife has the Spider-Man PS4 Pro that she made me get here just because it was red because my Pro is so loud sometimes that I think it's about to die. I also notice that a few newer games often crash my PS4 or the UI gets real sluggish. RDR2 was probably the worst.

MHW:Icebone LS build

just finished this upgrade to my para build last night so i have yet to test it, still room for improvement

i need to see if that 4th handicraft is necessary to max the sharpness but once i can upgrade the handicraft charm to IV then i can put in another critical boost in there or if could find a crit boost lvl4 deco

love nergis hasten recovery skill since i cant augment for health yet but even then the armors a keeper and its nice that it only requires to pieces (i forget if the two stacks?)

8zQfNaR.jpg

ill try and get the radiant flow later tonight and that should provide two more slots of lvl1 jewels to play around with (max crit eye and an extra +30 def never hurts) and i can remove the paralyzer lvl4 and put elementless in its place (a lvl4 jewel would make it more efficient but have none yet)

MHW:Icebone LS build

just finished this upgrade to my para build last night so i have yet to test it, still room for improvement

i need to see if that 4th handicraft is necessary to max the sharpness but once i can upgrade the handicraft charm to IV then i can put in another critical boost in there or if could find a crit boost lvl4 deco

love nergis hasten recovery skill since i cant augment for health yet but even then the armors a keeper and its nice that it only requires to pieces (i forget if the two stacks?)

8zQfNaR.jpg

ill try and get the radiant flow later tonight and that should provide two more slots of lvl1 jewels to play around with (max crit eye and an extra +30 def never hurts) and i can remove the paralyzer lvl4 and put elementless in its place (a lvl4 jewel would make it more efficient but have none yet)

Over half my loadouts have builds for almost every type of situation. :lol:
Right now I'm trying to update all my Switch Axe builds, then I'll move on to other weapon types. I did have to make a tank build with both a lance and a HBG because certain monsters were giving me a hard time though. :lol:

i made an elemental builds for my bow in hr, i havent had that chance yet because iirc only fulgur anjanath skill has the stamina cap increase, gon' need that lunastra mr gear to come out

been sticking with longswords mainly but it is getting annoying fighting rathalos, legiana, paolumu, etc... with melee

but i only really have special builds for vaal (damn effluvia) and behemoth (dps and healer at times with sword and shield)

ive also havent been that interested in other weapons (longsowrd is so anime) but piercing and/or stunning hbg looks fun and might give it a shot

Well my PS4's fan no longer works. It may not be long for this world.
The fan is honestly not a difficult fix to handle yourself...

My Day 1 PS4 sounded like a jet engine taking off for a long time and I just decided to try and fix it myself before investing in another console... Wasn't that tough, and it's still running like a new-ish console today.

Unrelated note, does anyone want to buy a 500GB Uncharted Limited Edition PS4?

I am willing to part from the collector's item for the mindbogglingly low price of one standard PS4 Pro (new), or roughly $377.76 USD.

First come, first served; don't miss out on this opportunity.

My Day 1 PS4 sounded like a jet engine taking off for a long time and I just decided to try and fix it myself before investing in another console... Wasn't that tough, and it's still running like a new-ish console today.

From what I have read, it is more likely a power supply issue to the fan itself, and replacing the fan may not be the fix.I am also not getting the red light indicating overheating; it is simply shutting itself off completely in the middle of a game.

I also have to factor in if I removed the tape over the screws and void the warranty, it also voids any chance of me trading it in toward a new console (PS4 or PS5) which would suck. Especially if I open it up and cant fix the issue.

i made an elemental builds for my bow in hr, i havent had that chance yet because iirc only fulgur anjanath skill has the stamina cap increase, gon' need that lunastra mr gear to come out

been sticking with longswords mainly but it is getting annoying fighting rathalos, legiana, paolumu, etc... with melee

but i only really have special builds for vaal (damn effluvia) and behemoth (dps and healer at times with sword and shield)

ive also havent been that interested in other weapons (longsowrd is so anime) but piercing and/or stunning hbg looks fun and might give it a shot
I started with the LS way back when, but I've been sticking with Switch Axe because the weapon flows between both forms so well. I can use every weapon well except the hammer, GS, and S&S though.
The Legi HBG is great for Piercing. thats the tank build I made for taking care of Ishvalda (and getting it's scalp broken :lol:).

my fastest run in ishva is with 3 hbgs, never thought the fight could end so quick :lol:

fought ruiner with 3 hbg and me the lone swordsman and i really could have just ran around gathering :rofl:

Yeah, my day one needed some cleaning after overheating/shutting off a fair number of times. not sure what actually got me to the point of opening it up. I think I used to hear the fan constantly trying to start up but failing and then eventually overheating.

I also kept my ps4 on a carpet floor so I wasnt doing it any favors.

I only cleaned my fan, never replaced it. i did have to clean 2 or 3 times (heard the fan struggle to start up again..I also left it on the carpet for a while). as of today I haven't had issues in about a a little less than a year. its no longer on the carpet. fan is still louder than I like it to be, but I believe it is running normal and doesn't get nearly as loud as it did. would be nice to have a fan quiet enough to not need to turn up my television

I have rarely ran into anywhere near the level of camping that I’ve seen people complain about since playing the beta AT ALL. Hell I’ve been killed more by people running around jumpshooting around every corner and rushing than I have camping. And let’s not confuse camping with also holding power positions that are advantageous to your team (which was deliberate map design by IW).

I’ve been on the game’s reddit and forums but the complaints against it seemed like a huge reach. I like how much more careful you have to be in this game when it comes to running around and taking the extra care in moving around positions of interest on the map.

One of the key complaints I heard was many people wanting a mini map to know team positioning but I’ve never had an issue with knowing where my teammates were since they’re outlined anywhere on the map. I’ve also seen people saying to remove the compass and just add red dots back on the mini map. What a majority of people really want whether or not they like to admit is to have enemy location spoon fed to them like the other games have done so in the past, to the point that they can always charge in head first without thinking.

If im being honest, the mini map is a crutch for many people so they don’t have to care about spacial awareness. It gives players a sense of confidence to run and gun in to danger without thinking which I noticed much more with mini map being up. It was a nice change of pace for CoD to go back to a game where you can’t just run around acting like you’re Rambo which was a breath of fresh air in Realism. I didn’t have to camp to get kills at all but having some semblance of patience goes a long way in this game

I guess it depends on your play style too. I like it because I've always been a run and gun player with every COD. I'm definitely Rambo, but smart about it. Faster gameplay the better imo.

Back
Top Bottom