The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

TLOU is overrated

I was gonna write the same. Its a good game but people online keep saying its a masterpiece, once in a generation type of game.

I think you have to like stealth-action, horror/survival games with an over emphasis on narrative in order to enjoy it. I don't like any of those genres and didn't finish it but for those that do like the aforementioned genres I can understand why they rate it so high.

Where them purple dual shocks at?

GameStop says 9/23, but they ain’t in stock in my area.

TLOU2 isn't for everyone, but has a great story and gameplay. I loved the resident evil series and survival horror in general. Many gamers in this generation aren't about it, they're more into the COD, battlefield, destiny etc. And TLOU might not be a good fit for them

TLOU2 isn't for everyone, but has a great story and gameplay. I loved the resident evil series and survival horror in general. Many gamers in this generation aren't about it, they're more into the COD, battlefield, destiny etc. And TLOU might not be a good fit for them
If you're into a good story, you should like. And I don't even usually play horror games. The only horror games I had in the last 10 years was this and RE2.

I never thought of TLOU as a horror game. I always thought it was more of a "survival" type of game. I think of horror, I think of Dead Space, The Evil Within, and RE.

:lol: Naw, I will leave that for a second run.

Is it even available for the first? I remember I had do 2 playthroughs on PS3 just to beat it on the hardest difficulty.
I know grounded was added later. Are you able to play it from the start?

Confession: I've never played TLOU.

I'm a couple of chapters in on the Remastered version but that was a long time ago.

I might try and knock that out when I go on vacation in November, may go for the plat as well.

Do people still play MP for TLOU? I believe there are some factions trophies.

Story wasn't anything special tbh, standard post-apocalyptic, zombie fare.
Main characters are betrayed by almost every major group they meet. Main characters die, cannibals, immunity, character-to-character interaction is what makes the great story. Great stories do not need to be original ideas

Main characters are betrayed by almost every major group they meet. Main characters die, cannibals, immunity, character-to-character interaction is what makes the great story. Great stories do not need to be original ideas

I hear you but doesn't that make the universal critical acclaim unwarranted?

I hear you but doesn't that make the universal critical acclaim unwarranted?
Might not be universal
TLOU is overrated

Because it was not an original idea? I don't think so at all. That would mean all zombie, superhero games/movies going forward cannot be great cause they're using re-done ideas. The Dark knight - Batman/Joker movie, done already million times. Endgame, superhero movie with superhero's collaborating, done already, list can go on and on.

Technically it’s not because it has been released through 2 generations

TLOU came out 5 years ago and at the end of the PS3 era on 06-14-13 then PS4 came out 5 months later in 2013. The game pushed PS3 to it's limits. Naughty Dog themselves even said so. The PS4 remastered version of TLOU is a nice upgrade but the HDR isn't the best even with a 4K TV and PS4 Pro setup.

So yeah TLOU Part II is being released the same was as TLOU was released at the end of this console gen and will no doubt get a remastered PS5 version next gen.

Technically it’s not because it has been released through 2 generations
I beat it on both PS3 and PS4 but it’s still a PS3 gen title in my mind. At the end of the day, it’s still a port. Part II is this gen even though it’ll be on PS5 in some fashion.
:lol: Naw, I will leave that for a second run.

Is it even available for the first? I remember I had do 2 playthroughs on PS3 just to beat it on the hardest difficulty.
I know grounded was added later. Are you able to play it from the start?
You can play all difficulties from the start but the “+” playthroughs were locked if I remember correctly. I’m pretty sure you can glitch it and just go straight to Survivor+ if you want rather than doing 2 separate playthroughs on Survivor.

Grounded can be a beast if it’s your first play through. I say play through learn where all the shiv doors are before starting off grounded mode

Back
Top Bottom