The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Still not and will NEVER be a fan of PS Now streaming game service Sony is trying to push & sell.

Most of the games like: GTA V, God Of War and other popular games you can find for $19 or even cheaper.

Sony should expand and offer a tier system to PS+ subscribers where PS Now is included with PS+

I hope we see PS+ implement PS Now upon release of PS5.

If they could do that without a price increase, I think the value would be pretty substantial.

However, making two separate income streams into one, without increasing the cost to consumers, WHILE being the market leader is not exactly something most businesses would do.

I hate to say it but with Shawn Layden leaving SIE and the rumors of Sony think about doing a 2 SKU unit launch with a base model & pro model PS5. It's sounding like Sony is reverting back to their arrogant attitude era that hurt them bad at the start of the PS3 era.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I hope we see PS+ implement PS Now upon release of PS5.

If they could do that without a price increase, I think the value would be pretty substantial.

However, making two separate income streams into one, without increasing the cost to consumers, WHILE being the market leader is not exactly something most businesses would do.

Problem is though that if backward compatibility comes with PS5 and it supports PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 era disc games. That kills Sony's PS Now service.

Problem is though that if backward compatibility comes with PS5 and it supports PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 era disc games. That kills Sony's PS Now service.
Not necessarily. Unless you own those PS, PS2, PS3 games you can’t play them. PS Now still allows you to play thise games without having to purchase them. Xbox has BC and Gamepass and it works great imo.

Apparently the “Fallout Legacy Collection” will have Fallout, Fallout 2, 3, and 4 and all of their respective DLCs for about $45. That’s insane value.

edit: This may be for PC only.

I hate to say it but with Shawn Layden leaving SIE and the rumors of Sony think about doing a 2 SKU unit launch with a base model & pro model PS5. It's sounding like Sony is reverting back to their arrogant attitude era that hurt them bad at the start of the PS3 era.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Well cross play is open to all developers now so...

I thought this was pretty cool. It’s the girl who plays Dina reacting to the latest trailer. She’s not really a gamer so she knows almost nothing about the game :lol:

I hope I'm wrong though.

Not a fan of them launching a PS5 Pro model right off the bat. What's to stop them from making it redundant 2-3 years down the road with another PS5 Pro V2 model to keep up with PC hardware scaling?

Whole idea of console gaming is to get away from hardware upgrades prevalent in the PC gaming world.

These “free games” like The last of us and MLB the show 19 will only be free for certain amount of time. So after a certain time, you’ll no longer Have access to play them any longer, right?

As long as you’re subscribed to ps plus you can access them, if you download them in the month they are available.

Not a fan of them launching a PS5 Pro model right off the bat. What's to stop them from making it redundant 2-3 years down the road with another PS5 Pro V2 model to keep up with PC hardware scaling?

Whole idea of console gaming is to get away from hardware upgrades prevalent in the PC gaming world.
You're not forced to buy the "Pro" model. I know this sounds like a cop out response but personally I'm all for a more powerful SKU right out of the gate. I don't think they're trying to keep up with PC because that's a losing battle but some of us do want better and more powerful tech sooner as opposed to waiting 7+ years.

You're not forced to buy the "Pro" model. I know this sounds like a cop out response but personally I'm all for a more powerful SKU right out of the gate. I don't think they're trying to keep up with PC because that's a losing battle but some of us do want better and more powerful tech sooner as opposed to waiting 7+ years.
I don't like it because the base model owners will simply be left out of the best hard optimizations right from the get-go. That doesn't seem right to me.

I don't like it because the base model owners will simply be left out of the best hard optimizations right from the get-go. That doesn't seem right to me.
Yeah but on the other hand, developers have to scale back their games even more because of base model consoles. The jump from PS3 to PS4 really wasn't the noticeable to me. I would love to see a huge upgrade this go around. I mean they could just release only a PS5 "Pro" but then people would complain it costs too much. A lot of people are already expecting PS5 to repeat what PS4 did and drop with a $399 price tag. Imagine if they dropped a "Pro" only SKU at $599.

I see both sides but I personally want the best console from the start.

Back
Top Bottom