The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm replaying TLOU now and was starting to get FOMO over TLOU2 dropping and waiting.
but this official news just reinvigorated my thoughts on waiting on the system. and getting the PS5 versions

Finished the first 3 chapters of Concrete Genie. Interesting game with a great art style. I don't love the controls but I could see this one flying under the radar despite being enjoyable.

what is Haptic?
Haptic feedback is nothing new. It's basically like rumble but more advance and programmable so that you get a wider variation of feedback for in game objects or situations.

HD rumble on the switch is haptic feedback and even the steam controller had a haptic feedback set of touchpads

maxresdefault.jpg

Companies including Sony are developing or filed patents for haptic gloves to use in VR which will be the ultimate use of the tech but that's far away. You'll be able to pick up virtual objects and they'll feel like how they do in real life.

Plexus-VR-Gloves.jpg

35615-posts.article_lg.jpg

Before you know it, we'll have the full suit like in Ready Player One :lol:
giphy.gif

I think they’ll show off the paddles with the full reveal since it seems to be the thing a lot of people want. I don’t think I care (have never used paddles) about them, feels like it’ll be a struggle learning to use an additional 4 “buttons/paddles”. I turn 30 in less than a week, I’m getting too old for this s___ :lol:

I wonder if paddles would be good for MMO's
Probably. One of the reasons I don't play FF XIV is because there are just too many commands for only 4 face buttons. I told my brother I'd build a PC and play with him then....that was like 3 years ago :lol:

I must be the only person here who has next to 0 interest in the PS5 (besides maybe Jetpac lol) I have more than enough to keep me busy till there are a good chunk of games to play on thereb

Having both the Xbox one and ps4, I still feel like the online experience is smoother on the Xbox.. but obviously Sony has way better games

im hyped about the ps5 and it will be day one cop... just crazy how the ps5 about to release in a year and still no new GTA on ps4 smh

I must be the only person here who has next to 0 interest in the PS5 (besides maybe Jetpac lol) I have more than enough to keep me busy till there are a good chunk of games to play on thereb
Even with my backlog, I’m ready for that jump. I always get excited for new consoles. I feel like you don’t really appreciate new hardware until you go back and play last gen hardware.

Probably. One of the reasons I don't play FF XIV is because there are just too many commands for only 4 face buttons. I told my brother I'd build a PC and play with him then....that was like 3 years ago :lol:

I played FFXIV for several months on PS3/4. I played with 2 friends who played on PC. Apparently SE did an very good job integrating controllers into the MMO landscape.

That said, once you got into end-game content certain classes just couldn't keep up with PC players. However, at the time I think tanks and DPS console players were neck and neck with PC players (other than some of the crazier macros).

I really enjoyed that game. However, it was worse than Destiny 2 for me in terms of taking over my gaming schedule.

Back
Top Bottom