The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Random Question:

What site do you guys use for game reviews? Who do you all find the most credible/not influenced by companies? etc.

PO

Random Question:

What site do you guys use for game reviews? Who do you all find the most credible/not influenced by companies? etc.

PO
At this point, I just go and watch spoiler-free gameplay on Twitch or YouTube and decide for myself. I've come to realize that certain games will always score great reviews no matter what i.e. Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto etc.

Random Question:

PO
acg on youtube

i find his rating scale (full price buy, wait for a sale, wait for a deep, deep sale/rent or never touch) to be very helpful

pushsquare.com and rockpapershotgun.com are pretty good

Twitter/resetera for games that aren’t on my radar, but largely I know what games I’m into now.

I don’t check reviews really beyond the meta critic score.

Random Question:

PO

Always like Easy Allies
they give pretty good info and cover all the stuff
here's there GOW review

Yes yes, when Nintendo games get high scores it “critical acclaim.”

When something you don’t like gets high scores it’s overrated trash.

B31C610E-5F6B-44BF-A4AE-4C4122A5D485.gif

MGS V had dope gameplay and a good open world but the story was mediocre and incomplete.

Nawghty you know damn well nobody on here care about your opinion, especially if it ain’t TLOU, Gear, or anything Nintendo related :lol:

thinking of getting a pro on BF. or just wait for the ps5?

I ordered the death stranding pro, idc if the ps5 is a year away I haven’t played any of the exclusives which are gonna be under $20 for Black Friday most likely. Plus final fantasy 7 remake and the last of us 2 and modernwarefare.

Personally I’ve been trying to get away from calling stuff “overrated”. Some things just aren’t for me or as good to me as they are to the masses. Case in point, Zelda BotW imo, is a fairly decent game but no where near as revolutionary as it’s critics would suggest.

Guess the hype wearing off on mgs5 and y'all realizing how much filler it is
I told y'all
If I wasn't such a gentleman
I would spoil the ending of mgs5 for yall
Just know
It sucks
Basically mgs5 is filler as a whole
But of course yall gonna counter with
"But the gameplay is so :pimp:"
Even though it's basically gta5: stealth war edition
Mgs5 is gta: vice city army edition
Mgs5 just gta with stealth mode
mgs5 was a bunch of filler

Personally I’ve been trying to get away from calling stuff “overrated”. Some things just aren’t for me or as good to me as they are to the masses. Case in point, Zelda BotW imo, is a fairly decent game but no where near as revolutionary as it’s critics would suggest.
u hating

Idk if you know this, but GTA is a popular video game series. So I don’t see how your comments (which I don’t agree with) are supposed to be a bad thing.

Zelda has been meh since LttP and MGS has been meh since 3. MGS2 was garbage as well. GTA has been pretty consistent, but I think, other than the PSP games, that San Andreas was the weakest (unpopular opinion).

Back
Top Bottom