The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

The PS5's improvements over the PS4 are astronomical. It is most definitely beyond just graphics. You're talking about making the entire gameplay experience quick, and smooth. Nearly getting rid of loading times, being able to load and save things at quick rates.

I can pull up the specs and explain it, and provide some articles if you're interested in better understanding it.
I like load times, you’re talking to the wrong guy. Playing games my entire life, I actually dislike the direction games have headed, too much complicated features in many of them and games have way too many mulitplayer or open world capabilities when a singular story would be better

Basically another filler event since E3 is dead and also with the covid 19 situation going on right now. I wouldn't expect PS5 for XSex new info and price details.

Both Sony and Microsoft gotta have separate digital events planned on their own this summer in either June, July, or August with price and pre orders going up.

Game director Neil Druckmann talks about The Last of Us: Part II delay

Cliffs:

• When the studio moved to working from home employees were told to take care of themselves and be with their family. Employees came first, release date 2nd with employees being allowed to take off a day or two if needed, even if the whole situation meant the May 29th date couldn't be made.
  • When asked why they don't just release the digital version on May 29th: "there hasn't been a final decision yet". Mentions how some places might not have proper infrastructure in place for a digital only release, doesn't want those places left out. Right now looking at different options to get the game to everyone as soon as possible, but doing so will take time and it will obviously depend on how the coronavirus situation develops.
  • When asked about a playable demo in the PlayStation Store he mentions how a public demo like that isn't comparable to the controlled environment which comes with a behind closed doors press demo or something at another event. Also mentions how making a demo fit for public release takes a lot of work, with the demo the press played months ago obviously being outdated, game has been improved greatly since.
  • Development is at the 1-yard line, nothing left but final bugs and polishing.

Source:

But guys like nawhty are still ain't giving Sony & Naughty Dog a pass.

Man every time there is a PSN store flash sale these game R* game which I haven't played before I'm tempted to get

I like load times, you’re talking to the wrong guy. Playing games my entire life, I actually dislike the direction games have headed, too much complicated features in many of them and games have way too many mulitplayer or open world capabilities when a singular story would be better

My guy, you are a troll and you’re just handing out the bait. This level of illogical reasoning is just hilarious. You’re like a boomer that still refuses to use a cellphone. A luddite in its purest form.

My guy, you are a troll and you’re just handing out the bait. This level of illogical reasoning is just hilarious. You’re like a boomer that still refuses to use a cellphone. A luddite in its purest form.
:lol: It's not even old school or a part of it like he's pretending it is, snes never had long load times. About one of the weirdest things i've ever heard if not trolling.

:lol: No it's not, the hell. Who enjoys wait times for software to load due to hardware restrictions?

Yeah for real. It’s not like devs sit there and go, “aw hell yeah, **** it. Put in a script for a 90 second load time right after this cutscene!”

Love how everyone has a PhD in Game Devology.

Mafia IV is rumored to be in development and also a Mafia II remake is also in the works.

IGBN2d8.png

And also this:

Last edited:

Basically another filler event since E3 is dead and also with the covid 19 situation going on right now. I wouldn't expect PS5 for XSex new info and price details.

Both Sony and Microsoft gotta have separate digital events planned on their own this summer in either June, July, or August with price and pre orders going up.

All depends on this COVID-19 pandemic.

That sounds lit, I think I need to play 3 first though. Few weeks back copped borderlands 3 and then realized I only beat the first one not the second :smh:

Nah, I meant the release of the console. With what's going on, there may be a chance that it gets pushed back.

True. But NO WAY do I see Sony letting Microsoft get a head start on them like what happened on the XBOX 360 & PS3 era if Microsoft does not delay the release of the XSeX this holiday season.

Shortages are likely for both console launches since almost every console part is made in China sweat shop factories.

Both machines hardware are capable of framerates higher than 60 fps, interested to see if we start seeing reasonably priced tvs that can handle that.

TV's with HDMI 2:1 should come down in price but this year is upside down so who knows but it will start to become the norm hopefully my November.

I don't think we would see next gen games outside of indie and VR games higher than 60fps.
They will put resources into texture, graphics, ray tracing etc and we will see the usual 30/60 fps as usual

PS4 games though...

There's an update in the article from Jaosn Schrier about the rumours not being true.

I like load times it is what it is. If they go they go I’ll have no choice but to adapt.

You like load times :lol:
Not saying you're lying but I don't think, I've ever heard anyone say that before.

Back
Top Bottom