The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

everybody saying they are going to be selective with their gaming purchases until they see those psn sale prices :lol: then its oh yeah i remember that game it looked interesting and its only $6.99 why not :lol:

Although I prefer PS due to the exclusive titles that I like, I'm not biased against Xbox for the good games/features they've put out as well. I've owned every generation of Xbox, but I usually just buy them much later down the line when there's not many PS games coming out.

That being said, can someone explain to me why people are freaking out about MS acquiring Bethesda? The vast majority of their games are laggy, glitchy garbage. Even the one I did like, Skyrim, crashed so much that it was a chore to get through at times. Great ideas, awful execution

This isn't just me right? Look at the Fallout debacles that led to this video

I'm not asking out of sarcasm. It's a genuine question because most video game fans have HATED Bethesda for the past few years, so I'm wondering why PS fanboys are scared and Xbox fanboys are excited. It's not like From Software, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, etc. went over to Xbox.

It's Zenimax so thats 8 studios including Doom and Wolfesiten and Dishonored, Evil Within etc. I know Fallout and Elders Scroll are glitchy but I think the others are alright.

I think it's the precedent it sets that there's a chance MS can just buy out everybody including big publishers not just individual studios.

I think Bungie is next to be bought and probably one more.

For me personally, I've never played a Bethesda game so it doesn't bother me but MS now has a lock on WRPG's so I can see why it will upset some.

FYI, you can play it legally for the low if you still own a PS3/PSP/Vita/PSTV

It's also a shame Suikoden 5 isn't on the PS store, best game in the series after 2.
I pray to the mighty Shuhei Yoshida my Vita never dies.

Vita.jpg

I'm glad the ps5 dropped how it did cause it looks like those xbox preorders are getting killed
No time to set up bots so it actually worked well. For some at least.
Bots filled up a some of the UK sites and All Access was only available on 2 websites and those have been down all day.

Nvidia, Sony and now MS. Man no one is safe.
I'm just glad I got my order in nice and easy.

For those who missed on the pre-orders last week, it looks like some sites have restocked on accessories so it COULD mean that there may be more consoles available soon.

Bots are going to feast though... I wonder how long it’ll be before we’ll have to start consider paying resell if we want a console before the end of the year.

Bots are going to feast though... I wonder how long it’ll be before we’ll have to start consider paying resell if we want a console before the end of the year.

You know, these stores allowing ps5 pre-orders without advance notice helped alot of people in getting one. Bots couldn't be prepared.

You know, these stores allowing pre-orders without advance notice helped alot of people in getting one. Bots couldn't be prepared.

Well I was thinking more of page monitors on retailers with immediate ATC functionality, etc.

I’m prepared to pay resale if I have to but it’s still too early to tell. I wish retailers could implement a SNKRS-like system for these systems but I get there really isn’t much incentive for them to do so.

everybody saying they are going to be selective with their gaming purchases until they see those psn sale prices :lol: then its oh yeah i remember that game it looked interesting and its only $6.99 why not :lol:
That's different than paying for a $70 dollar game that might not get played at all lol

Well I was thinking more of page monitors on retailers with immediate ATC functionality, etc.

I’m prepared to pay resale if I have to but it’s still too early to tell. I wish retailers could implement a SNKRS-like system for these systems but I get there really isn’t much incentive for them to do so.

Fam, resell prices will be nuts. Especially with Christmas a month after both consoles launch. If you can't get one for retail, I would just wait it out.

1600791958430.png

1600791930878.png

This is probably going to be announced as compatible for the PS5. Only the 1TB hits 7GB/s so the smaller drives might not make the cut.

I wasn't expecting the 1TB to be $229. It's still a lot of money but given that it's not proprietary, these would drop like the other Gen 4 SSDs.

I'm glad the ps5 dropped how it did cause it looks like those xbox preorders are getting killed
It’s similar to when Walmart tweeted out the exact time they would restock and those pre-orders were gone within seconds. It sucks but random drops are probably best for most people who actually want the console to play. I also think it would help if they added some sort of captcha to help prevent against bots. I just hope people don’t pay resell for something that will eventually sit on shelves and be readily available.

For me personally, I've never played a Bethesda game so it doesn't bother me but MS now has a lock on WRPG's so I can see why it will upset some.

MTE. I was familiar with the name, but when I looked up Bethesda's list of games, I realized that I never played any of them... well, except for Doom in the late 90s. Nothing against XB, but I just never cared for their games. I guess it's like Adi? I don't hate them, but I just prefer Nike.

Back
Top Bottom