The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I did not then & I do not have Prime now.
One would think , in 2020, they will prioritize Prime members, but who knows?

PO
Yeah, its been my experience that Prime members get priority and the better deals.

I know a few ppl who signed up for prime just for this month and pre-ordered.

I do not have prime. I was going to use my fiancé’s moms prime like I have before but when I went to preorder on amazon I was already signed in under my name. I didn’t want to take the risk of signing out and then back in. I just wanted to checkout as quick as I could

New-PSVR-Controllers-Patent.png

The controllers, for example, look very similar to Valve’s Index Controllers, with a side-mounted ring that would likely house sensors for 6DOF tracking. The main grip for the controllers definitely looks like it could imitate the Index Controllers’ finger-tracking technology too.

Another look at the design confirms that the controllers have not only triggers, but it also looks like the PSVR headset itself can track the position of the controllers. That suggests PSVR 2 might use an inside-out tracking system similar to the Oculus Quest and Rift S rather than the original PSVR, which relied on a user-facing camera.

I'm pretty hyped for PSVR2. Going the Valve Index Controller route is the right move. There's another article on Upload about the finger tracking patent, as well. There's no way in hell Sony isn't going to go full speed and try to compete with the Index.

Do you guys ordering from Amazon have Amazon Prime?

I don't but it had Premium Delivery as an option for free so should get it on release day.

I'm already prepared not to have it launch day.

Could be worse, you could be in Europe who has to wait a whole week :smh:

Analog stick, triggers, Inside out tracking. Beautiful.

I'm hoping it's wireless but even just a single cable to the USB-C port is fine with me.

I don't but it had Premium Delivery as an option for free so should get it on release day.
Sometimes premium delivery is free as an option cuz when you choose it they automatically sign you up for prime.

Watch out for that. Thats one thing Amazon loves to do is sneak sign you up for prime and if you don't catch it in your statements a few months may pass before you realize you paying for it.

Last edited:
Do you guys ordering from Amazon have Amazon Prime?

I do/did. They pinged me for a dualsense yesterday. Went ahead and grabbed but I don't remember it saying it was a prime deal. I was about to start a meeting with corporate visitors so it was sort of an impulse buy.

For those looking to purchase a PS5, some sites already went live. Most will only have the standard model.

Back
Top Bottom