The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I've never had any problems with my launch consoles.  Never had Xbox one, and got a late xbox 2.

OG PSX swap trick and chipped PS2.  Had 3 of those large folio cases FULL of burned games, all in alphabetical order. :pimp:

You don't even know. I did the swap trick so many times that the safety mechanism that tells the system the disc tray is closed was permanently jammed.

I could play PSX games with the tray open. :lol:

Im in line at my local best buy. Its about 30 people deep. A store manager came out ans counted everyone in line as of now and said everyone is guaranteed a system.

Are we talking about swapping broken consoles for new ones?
laugh.gif
It was a swap trick to play imported and burned games.  

Start by taping down that little button in the top right of the console to make it think its closed.

Place official game in (could be a demo disc)

Boot up

Disc starts out slow, when it speeds up, you swap official game with import.

It slows down, speeds up, and slows down again

On the next speed up, swap with OG game.

Slows down, and speeds up, swap imported game

Close tray.

Enjoy game

You do all the swapping while the game boots up during those 2 sony logos

Last edited:
When are we gonna have a legit NT PSN list pop off?

The one thread i found is ghost status like the xbox one thread.

Anyways for those of you adding folks now:

LordMajor

I'll be on 2k heavy this weekend.

Yeah hopefully that other one picks up tomorrow when the system launches . Only got like 20 friends. I need a full army to run with on battlefield lol

Every single last disk based console I brought stopped working after a while...... except my Wii. My PS1, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Fat PS3, OG 360 :smh: All of em, I really think I'm cursed :lol:. But the Wii probably only never got messed up because it never got any burn :lol:

I also remember the first time I opened the dreamcast disc tray with a game playing, the game didn't freeze, but brought me back to the "homescreen"

i was 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Console OSes have come a long way

Last edited:
Damb I'm way late already like 20 ahead of me.. Knew I should have set an alarm :smh:

Last edited:
Im good off all that, ill go tomorrow morning to pick it up. Still gotta wait on amazon to deliver these games too smh.

My console really still hasn't shipped yet :smh: Talked to a rep and she said everything will be fine but I'm getting restless :smh: :smh:

Damb I'm way late already like 20 ahead of me.. Knew I should have set an alarm :smh:

Yo're guaranteed one, don't stress it. I'll head to GS tomorrow afternoon with my pre-order receipt. Wasn't going to play tonight anyways.

Contemplating getting 2 games tomorrow or just 1 game and a 1 yr psn card.

Hmm. I wonder if I should just cop the ps3 call of duty and upgrade it for $10 since my walmart didn't have call of duty for ps4

Target had about 7/8 chairs lined up outside, first dude looked a little grumpy. Idk why they don't do a midnight, gotta wait till 8 to get my console. 
eyes.gif

Just left my local best buy. Got myself a ps4 guaranteed at midnight. Very excite *borat voice* they ended up handing out tickets at 6p to non preorder ppl and said to come back at 11:30p. I was glad cuz it was starting to get a little chilly as the sun was going down.

Back
Top Bottom